Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Not Bad Advice For A Newbe

Not Bad Advice For A Newbe

Cheers

Scottie

Cheers

Scottie

Must admit, the first time I went to Thailand I hadn't been on any forums like this. Most of it is common sense isn't it? The only big thing I learnt post-arrival was the lese majeste laws... which are probably the most important.
    Scottie likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cheers

Scottie

Platinum
    Good thread Scottie!Wasnt scammed as a newbie but would have been good to have known the tricks.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    555 every single bar I've been in the girls ask , "what's your name , where you come from , what name your hotel , how long you stay" ... does that mean I've been scammed...
    Loung Steeb likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ when they get to Bank Account and Pin Number this should be a wake-up call...555
    Quarky, Ian Forbes and Loung Steeb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ when they get to Bank Account and Pin Number this should be a wake-up call...555
    Or failing that... when they have a house built back home in the village... and you paid for it...
    Loung Steeb likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    You hab wipe?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Not only Thais, the girl I flatted with in the North Shore in Sydney for a couple of years. When she and her friends went out and got chatted. If they were interested, the normal line of questioning went something like, where do you work (money market), they had a chance. Tradie (no chance), where do you live (anywhere but the North Shore), no chance, how much do you earn etc etc
    Same questions different country, but all done for the same reasons. Everyone want the best for their life. You can bullshit all you want (and we have all done it), but if you can't come up with the goods, you are fcuked 5555555
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Not only Thais, the girl I flatted with in the North Shore in Sydney for a couple of years. When she and her friends went out and got chatted. If they were interested, the normal line of questioning went something like, where do you work (money market), they had a chance. Tradie (no chance), where do you live (anywhere but the North Shore), no chance, how much do you earn etc etc
    Same questions different country, but all done for the same reasons. Everyone want the best for their life. You can bullshit all you want (and we have all done it), but if you can't come up with the goods, you are fcuked 5555555
    I dated a couple of Aussie girls in Perth years back, well not really a date just the first meet up for coffee. Every one of them asked these questions.It was a turn off for me and non of there business IMO.
    All the single Aussie ladys I knew back then would all talk about if the guy they dated had money. Most are now in relationships with guys with a bit of coin.
    Same Same really.

I felt like asking them questions like, do you still fu$k after 6 months.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I dated a couple of Aussie girls in Perth years back, well not really a date just the first meet up for coffee. Every one of them asked these questions.It was a turn off for me and non of there business IMO.
    All the single Aussie ladys I knew back then would all talk about if the guy they dated had money. Most are now in relationships with guys with a bit of coin.
    Same Same really.

I felt like asking them questions like, do you still fu$k after 6 months.
    Why wouldn't they ask that question??

If you are going on a date then you are at the extreme early stages of trying to figure out if that one is for you

No matter what anyone says, your career does define the type of person you are
    It doesn't define all of you but it gives that person a good idea

I don't think it as much trying to figure out if that person has money and more if they have drive to have a good life

Why waste her time for 1-2 months to find out that the guy lives in his mom's basement???
    Fianna likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You hab wipe?
    And hab mint for me?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Why wouldn't they ask that question??

If you are going on a date then you are at the extreme early stages of trying to figure out if that one is for you

No matter what anyone says, your career does define the type of person you are
    It doesn't define all of you but it gives that person a good idea

I don't think it as much trying to figure out if that person has money and more if they have drive to have a good life

Why waste her time for 1-2 months to find out that the guy lives in his mom's basement???

I just think its very personal to ask someone things like how much you earn or do you have a big house one the water. On a first meeting anyway. Just my opinion.
    I would always tell them I didn’t work, guess that’s why I didn’t get a second date 555
    Quarky and Stillearly like this.

I just think its very personal to ask someone things like how much you earn or do you have a big house one the water. On a first meeting anyway. Just my opinion.
    I would always tell them I didn’t work, guess that’s why I didn’t get a second date 555
    You had women ask you how much you earn?
    I find that really hard to believe

They could easily ask you other more subtle questions to get a fair understanding of how much you make

You had women ask you how much you earn?
    I find that really hard to believe

They could easily ask you other more subtle questions to get a fair understanding of how much you make
    Yeah I remember one asking what I earn, but most would do it in a round about way.

My ex brother in law asked me once, I told him between 20k and 1m a year, never asked again.

Yeah I remember one asking what I earn, but most would do it in a round about way.

My ex brother in law asked me once, I told him between 20k and 1m a year, never asked again.
    So how do you ho about asking about a girl's sexual history and if she will be submissive to you?? 5555

I still contend what you do for a living tells a lot about a person
    Sometimes it tells you very important information

I see no issue with asking those type of questions to understand what type of person you are
    Fianna likes this.

So how do you ho about asking about a girl's sexual history and if she will be submissive to you?? 5555

I

Not that hard really, if you try hit on that type of girl first date or first few dates they normally pull away or blush. Most will want to form a friendship before any type of action even a kiss. If you try take them home over the first few dates they wont go.

Have you ever not datted a dork? 555

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    555 every single bar I've been in the girls ask , "what's your name , where you come from , what name your hotel , how long you stay" ... does that mean I've been scammed...
    55555 No, they are just sizing you up
    Cheers

Scottie

God these videos are so fxuking retarded!

Here's some advice
    Don't want videos from these idiots

PS....I got the Grand Palace scam and didn't mind it all
    He told me the Palace was closed and offered to take me around

I was more than happy with the price
    I want to say 500baht(which at the time 12usd)

He took me to some pretty cool temples.
    He took me over to the Gov't buildings area which was beautiful and still don't know where it was. Wish I did, I'd love to go back

He tried to do his stops to get his kickback and I simply told him stop taking me to these places and he did
    He tried a gem scam on me, had us rest for a bit in a nice park and I got approached right away to buy gems.
    If anyone falls for that they are an absolute moron

He took me to a tailor shop and it sucked, I told him to take me to a better one and he did and I had some nice things made

So he scammed me about the Grand Palace but beyond that only very gullible people would fall for anything else

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast