Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Top 7 Thai Expat Myths.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar

Top 7 Thai Expat Myths.

I thought this a good article from The Thaiger. Some of the subjects we debate like "is Thailand expensive." 8 think some will take exception to the answers.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national...ai-expat-myths
    Last edited by Cippy; 2nd June 2019 at 01:03.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    I thought this a good article from The Thaiger. Some of the subjects we debate like "is Thailand expensive." 8 think some will take exception to the answers.

Hmmmm… Tim Newton has only been in Thailand since 2012. And, like everyone, he is going to have his own biased points. Some of us have been going to Thailand much longer than that and have seen the changes. I agree with some of what he said, but not entirely. Although I'm not a fan of thaivisa, some of the complainers there have valid points. Does Tim Newton take motorbike trips to all the outlaying villages and cities like I do? Or, does he sit in an office in Bangkok and make up shit that he reads about?

I interact with Thai business people and expats at the ground level... the Mom & Pop shops trying to squeak out a living. I know a variety of bar and restaurant owners. They get by, but just barely. I can't speak for the wealthy Chinese tourist industry. They deal with an entirely different clientele, and they travel in large groups.

I agree that the exchange rate in currency has hurt a lot of former regular tourists. People who use to stay much longer no longer do so. Some have shifted over to Vietnam and the Philippines.

There is a lot to discuss if you dig into all 10 of the points mentioned. I do agree that Thailand has sensibly tried to address some laws that were being abused by the over-stay cheap Charlies. I've seen a big change in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post

Very well written and I concur with all 7 points.
    Minder likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!