Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Sukhumvit 103/1 taxi boys on iy again

Cadet Bronze

Sukhumvit 103/1 taxi boys on iy again

one killed by a stray bullet when two groups of taxi motorcyclists engaged in a brawl in front of Soi Udomsuk 1 because a group of taxi motorcyclists were annoyed that a new group had opened a stand nearby. Police are checking footage of security cameras in the area before making arrests

(Vid cr.Jutarat Charoenphol) https://t.co/FI4fKFdTAq
    https://twitter.com/StickboyBangkok/...461714432?s=17
    Last edited by Petter; 15th June 2019 at 21:21.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    ^ Hard to understand - all these guys have nothing currently , except their freedom...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    ^ Hard to understand - all these guys have nothing currently , except their freedom...
    At the Night Market entrance to the bottom section of Loi Kroh road in Chiang Mai there is a Tuk Tuk driver who parks his rig "almost" but not quite blocking the entrance. He sort of "owns" that prime spot because it gives him first chance at the potential customers. Lord help any outside driver who tries to take his spot. I knew this because I always recognized the same guy there.

When Pui was alive she had a share in a tuk tuk business with a man from Laos. Pui financed the vehicle and the Laos driver searched for passengers. Pui told me that there is a real hierarchy in how the whole system runs in the city, and certain palms have to be greased. Sadly, Pui's driver was parked on the moat road when the drunken son of a wealthy Thai man lost control of his truck and smashed into Pui's driver and tuk tuk. It totaled the tuk tuk and put the driver in the hospital. Two years later the driver succumbed to his injuries. Typical of Thailand, neither Pui nor her driver were compensated. Pui was still paying for the drivers medical bills when I met her.