Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Why I hate the village.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I've seen it. It is barbaric. I still eat meat, but no way am I deluding myself there is anything humane about how I am getting it... even if they died in their sleep... or with a smile on their face. I find it ironic we complain about some countries eating dog... why is that so much worse than eating pigs?

I love bacon.
    It's not worse. It's just all in our mind. It's like horse meat. Our family ate it in the late 1940s and early 1950s when beef was not available, or in short supply. But, "horse people" would have a conniption over eating horses.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    It's not worse. It's just all in our mind. It's like horse meat. Our family ate it in the late 1940s and early 1950s when beef was not available, or in short supply. But, "horse people" would have a conniption over eating horses.
    I ate raw horse meat sushi in Japan
    It was phenomenal

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I've seen it. It is barbaric. I still eat meat, but no way am I deluding myself there is anything humane about how I am getting it... even if they died in their sleep... or with a smile on their face. I find it ironic we complain about some countries eating dog... why is that so much worse than eating pigs?

I love bacon.
    Sure, no denying its death. But certain groups would have you believe that the animals are tortured to death, when really, their lives are what could be considered barbaric. Especially for Pigs and Chickens, kept in small cages. Most of us don't think of that, especially when faced with the decision of $10 for two chicken breast or $5 for a pack of 10 thighs out of one of those "barbaric" corporate meat producers.
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Well, I can tell you I feel the same way about dogs. They are for companionship, not eating and most of the world agrees. Buuuut, if it was a him or me situation . . .
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Sure, no denying its death. But certain groups would have you believe that the animals are tortured to death, when really, their lives are what could be considered barbaric. Especially for Pigs and Chickens, kept in small cages. Most of us don't think of that, especially when faced with the decision of $10 for two chicken breast or $5 for a pack of 10 thighs out of one of those "barbaric" corporate meat producers.
    I agree.. all part of the same thing... horrible lives... spent eating... waiting to be killed... not law of the jungle any more where we spent most of our free time hunting them for food...

Then again, the more we learn about plants and their emotions... it's going to be hard to find anything to eat that doesn't squeal...
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    Well, I can tell you I feel the same way about dogs. They are for companionship, not eating and most of the world agrees. Buuuut, if it was a him or me situation . . .
    Same with that plane crash years ago in the mountains of South America. The survivors had to eat the dead passengers to survive.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567