Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Why I hate the village.

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,760

    Why I hate the village.

    So, we've had a pretty happy trip so far, despite going way over budget every day, feeding an army. Depspite being molested, literally, by kee mao old Thai guys telling me over and over how much they love farang. Still, to be expected and it was going well.

    Then, this morning the wife is very short with the kid. I finally drag out of her she upset because her brother is mourning the breakup with his girlfriend. Apparently, poeple in the village came to his girlfriend's family talking shit about how poor they are and how poor the farang is they have in their family, because I only bought them a car. No sin sot, no monthly stipends, not even a ceremony. Stupid girl married for love. No this girl's family came right out and said, you're too poor for my daughter.

    My response of course was to remind her how ridiculous and toxic their wzy of thinking is. To show her what she has accomplished, like straight A's in an American college, etc. Her personality traits that are so endearing. Her father, though poor, is loved by everybody, and has busted his ass every day of his life to provide for his family making his lack of wealth circumstantial. Her brother is only 18, but has a full time job, is attempting two businesses.

    I spent an hour building her and her family by speaking only truth. Yet, in the end she chose to let these poeple to have a hold on her. I said in frustration then, the problem is her, not these toxic poeple who value show of wealth more thsn anything, who spend 80% of thier income on a truck and feel proud to one up their neighbor, when i reality thier situations are the same. And they have to knock my wife down a peg to feel good about themselves. How dare she accomplish so much and be beautiful with a beautiful daughter at the same time.

    Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    And it is your wife and not them

    I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards your wife

    The village can be a cesspool of jealousy.
    So many just looking to knock people down a peg.

    Nothing you can do to change those assholes
    It's your wife that has to change she and realize that she has tangible things in her life and not possessions to show off.

    We went through the same things
    Girls giving her shit because she didn't have a house in the village we didn't need
    Or a car at the time she didn't need

    She never made a big stink about any of that but just like you, I had to keep reminding her she had things that were important

    Her son going to good schools
    Proper health insurance

    Now?? The village is what she calls her "happy place"
    She keeps to the people who actually care about her and that's it
    She stays with her Aunt who is her favorite person in the world and only cares about my wife for her

    So your wife is a smart girl, we know that

    She will get to that point
    But I think you have a right to be frustrated and you have a right to be frustrated with her
    But then keep pointing out all those important things in life you guys are focusing on.

    As I said, the village can be a cesspool but eventually she will figure it out
    Gazmac and Ian Forbes like this.

  3. #3
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    LOEI
    Posts
    3,760
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    And it is your wife and not them

    I don't mean that in a derogatory way towards your wife

    The village can be a cesspool of jealousy.
    So many just looking to knock people down a peg.

    Nothing you can do to change those assholes
    It's your wife that has to change she and realize that she has tangible things in her life and not possessions to show off.

    We went through the same things
    Girls giving her shit because she didn't have a house in the village we didn't need
    Or a car at the time she didn't need

    She never made a big stink about any of that but just like you, I had to keep reminding her she had things that were important

    Her son going to good schools
    Proper health insurance

    Now?? The village is what she calls her "happy place"
    She keeps to the people who actually care about her and that's it
    She stays with her Aunt who is her favorite person in the world and only cares about my wife for her

    So your wife is a smart girl, we know that

    She will get to that point
    But I think you have a right to be frustrated and you have a right to be frustrated with her
    But then keep pointing out all those important things in life you guys are focusing on.

    As I said, the village can be a cesspool but eventually she will figure it out
    I'm afraid it will take some emotional maturity that she is still working on. But she's doing great having started workink on her emotional health in her 20s.

    I try to tell her she's thinking with her heart and not her head and her heart will betray her every time.

    Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. M.T.

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,234
    I agree with Paul on this one. I have seen the very same thing many times over when I visit the villages outside the main cities.

    However, materialism is in the mindset of so many people everywhere... not just Thailand where it can be more obvious. As you get older you value friendship and love far more than material possessions. Also, I've noticed that possessions for show seem to be more important for women. Men like possessions more for their practical value and what you can do with them: boats, motorbikes or sporting equipment. Who really needs a fucking big diamond ring, or a huge home that takes a bunch of workers just to maintain?

    And, when you really come down to it the only thing that really matters is how you raise your children and give them an opportunity to succeed in life at something they enjoy doing.

  5. #5
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Cippy View Post
    I'm afraid it will take some emotional maturity that she is still working on. But she's doing great having started workink on her emotional health in her 20s.

    I try to tell her she's thinking with her heart and not her head and her heart will betray her every time.

    Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    It will come in time but is frustrating nonetheless

    Just keep doing what's right for your daughter and your wife
    Continue to point that out to her when there shitheads get to her and she will turn the corner

    On another note, not to distract from this talk
    Met two young Asian girls from your exact city in Havana!!

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Hilarious story, Dave.. 555

    people in the baan may be uneducated, hey, they even may be illiterate, but the sure do know how to write the screenplay for the next episode of the baan's next real life soap!

    The GF's parents clearly show how much the love their daughter('s monetary value)...
    And good parents as they are, they will use all the tricks in the book to maximize this (who can blame them? In a way your wife and her cousin set the bar by marrying these Americans 555)..
    And they timed the break-up to perfection, just as the American sister and her husband enter the stage..
    Did you expect a written RSVP invitation to enter the negotiations? 555

    Who will write the next episode?
    Will it be the boy who gets his sister to buy the girl for him?
    Will it be the angry falang loading his wife and kid in the car and drives of to who-knows-where?
    Will it be the dad, taking his son to a construction project far away?
    Or do the girl and her parents get to continue their script?

    I will stay tuned! 555

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,093
    The obvious thing to do would be to remove her from that environment. What are yous plans for the future? Village life?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  8. #8
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    The obvious thing to do would be to remove her from that environment. What are yous plans for the future? Village life?
    Her family is there
    He can't remove her

    He just keeps on stressing where the important focus is

    I've met his wife
    She is smart and will get it and not let this childish shit in the village get to her
    It takes times but the smart ones get it

  9. #9
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Man on point with this M26... Experience showing, and great soothing advice .. even i felt calmer reading it.. 55555

    And if you didn't have a smart one ? ... Life could go real sour real quick

    Hmmmmm. I read clippys posts and my first thought was stupid backward bloody country thais ... But then my 2nd thought was trying to search for the western equivalent ... My first example was at the upper class levels where the dude was not good enough for the rich daughter or vica versa . A commona so to speak (edit. Just realized the ironic part in this, this time stupid dumb rich people).... But there is probably other places it exists
    Last edited by Sydney; 4th July 2019 at 18:37.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  10. #10
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Cippy. I guess calling her bluff isn't an option? Saying, ok... you're right. I'm the wrong farang for you.. packing up, leave her in the village for a few days to contemplate her lot... and hopefully the penny drops...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  11. #11
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    ^^ this is not a game of poker ..555

    Leaving her to the brain washing of the village saying we told you so ?
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  12. #12
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^ this is not a game of poker ..555

    Leaving her to the brain washing of the village saying we told you so ?
    Well.. actually.. life is... 55

    Do you want to be with someone so easily brainwashed?

    Probably why I am single.. but I find women who are easily manipulated (except by me) a turn off... 55

    If she is as smart as Cippy and Paulie says... she will make the right decision...
    Last edited by Quarky; 4th July 2019 at 19:54.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  13. #13
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Well.. do you want to be with someone so easily brainwashed?

    Probably why I am single.. but I find women who are easily manipulated (except by me) a turn off... 55
    Well you have to factor in the age.... And if she has the smarts which M26 has alluded to, then you do every thing you can to support her, which includes staying by her when she is in this environment

    If she was a no hoper you might have a case
    Ian Forbes and Cippy like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  14. #14
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Well you have to factor in the age.... And if she has the smarts which M26 has alluded to, then you do every thing you can to support her, which includes staying by her when she is in this environment

    If she was a no hoper you might have a case
    Fair enough. I guess I was thinking like a western guy about a western girl...
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  15. #15
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    And besides ... This is a short term issue, not sure how long Cippy is in the village, assuming they haven't moved there, they will be out of there soon enough and normal transmission will resume, and i bet that is when the penny will drop for her
    Last edited by Sydney; 4th July 2019 at 20:46.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  16. #16
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    And besides ... This is a short term issue, not sure how long Clippy is in the village, assuming they haven't moved there, they will be out of there soon enough and normal transmission will resume, and i bet that is when the penny will drop for her
    Yeah, but even back in America she will be talking online to people in the village... so she needs a wake up call to appreciate how lucky she is...

    Then again Paulie has been through it for years and has probably tried many scenarios including the cold turkey treatment, so he'll have an idea of what tends to work...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  17. #17
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Fair enough. I guess I was thinking like a western guy about a western girl...
    Let's not fool ourselves, this happens in a youngish western relationship as well... Young couple goes home to holiday with one of the families and chatter begins. ... But same rules apply, smart enough or no hoper ... Up to the other half to work that out
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  18. #18
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Yeah, but even back in America she will be talking online to people in the village... so she needs a wake up call to appreciate how lucky she is...

    Then again Paulie has been through it for years and has probably tried many scenarios including the cold turkey treatment, so he'll have an idea of what tends to work...
    Online is different, it doesn't have the same weight as she is in her own environment, and is now in control .... In the village she has no control, and everything is magnified 100x ... Online she is only confronted by one person, and not a whole village

    In the village she probably feels like she has 100 sets of eyes and expectations on her.... Can't think of any worse
    Last edited by Sydney; 4th July 2019 at 20:18.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

  19. #19
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves, this happens in a youngish western relationship as well... Young couple goes home to holiday with one of the families and chatter begins. ... But same rules apply, smart enough or no hoper ... Up to the other half to work that out
    Yeah.. but if it's happening while you are with them... sometimes the option is to walk away... or as they say, "set them free".... if they return, then you know it's strong... if not.. move on...

    Even if kids are involved... as an example, my mum should have left my dad when I was a teenager... he was such an arsehole... but she was weak and stayed... and has paid the price ever since (as did we).
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  20. #20
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    7,167
    Cippy basically she doesn't need the how lucky she is or the how well she has done etc etc reminder ( i know you probably haven't used the how lucky she is line that was a DP call 55 ) but what she needs is the .... I don't give a fuck what people think lesson .. I am me, I know what I am doing and no one is going to change that ! Get her to watch some Gary Vee I don't a give a fuck what people think vidoes 5555
    Last edited by Sydney; 4th July 2019 at 20:45.
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •