Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Best beaches in September

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246

    Best beaches in September

    I am almost positive I've asked this before(Rak was informative)

    But where is the best beaches/areas to go in September given it's rainy season a lot of places?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I am almost positive I've asked this before(Rak was informative)

    But where is the best beaches/areas to go in September given it's rainy season a lot of places?


    Thanks
    Remember posting an interactive map showing rain per month.. Can't find it now, should still be here somewhere...

    But this one may do: https://www.thailandee.com/en/practi...ather-thailand

  3. #3
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,718
    Isn't Samui quite good in September?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Isn't Samui quite good in September?
    Think it's like a second high season for them , loads of Euros visit during the school holidays

  5. #5
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Think it's like a second high season for them , loads of Euros visit during the school holidays
    Is that not August? You could be right.

    Cornwall is nice in September too. As is Sandbanks.. 55
    Stillearly likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Think it's like a second high season for them , loads of Euros visit during the school holidays
    Samui keeps coming up but I wanted to go somewhere different

    I was even thinking of finally doing the haul to Koh Lipe but that is real rainy season there, it seems

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Is that not August? You could be right.

    Cornwall is nice in September too. As is Sandbanks.. 55
    I'd love to go to the UK instead of Thailand!
    But this is just a quick trip to check out Nut's school and apartment

  8. #8
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,718
    What beach resorts haven't you been to?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    What beach resorts haven't you been to?
    A bunch but all look like rainy season

  10. #10
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    A bunch but all look like rainy season
    Samui is definitely best , maybe try some different beaches Bophut maybe

    https://www.audleytravel.com/thailan...SAAEgLQMvD_BwE

    10 Best Beaches in Samui - Most Popular Beaches in Koh Samui

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Trying to be cheap on this trip
    This is not a planned holiday
    Really just to check out the school but like to hit the beach a bit

    600cad for the 2 of us isn't bad but I like 200cad better 5555

    I've never been to Koh Phangan and was checking that out

  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Trying to be cheap on this trip
    This is not a planned holiday
    Really just to check out the school but like to hit the beach a bit

    600cad for the 2 of us isn't bad but I like 200cad better 5555

    I've never been to Koh Phangan and was checking that out
    Avoid the full moon....

  13. #13
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,718
    Which island does the serial killer live on?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Which island does the serial killer live on?
    koh Tao aka death island

  15. #15
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    koh Tao aka death island
    Seems very nice there in September!!! 5555

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,481
    If it's just for a quick getaway from Bangkok, there are some better beaches just south of Huahin, Khaotao and Sainoi beach.
    I like the last one for the daytime, secluded and quiet, but if you want some nightlife, Khaotao might be a better choice (not that I have stayed anywhere there..)

  17. #17
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    If it's just for a quick getaway from Bangkok, there are some better beaches just south of Huahin, Khaotao and Sainoi beach.
    I like the last one for the daytime, secluded and quiet, but if you want some nightlife, Khaotao might be a better choice (not that I have stayed anywhere there..)
    I don't want to drive or I'd go to Samet again

    Driving in Thailand kicks the shit out of me for some reason
    I find it so boring

  18. #18
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,718
    Looks like Pattaya then 55
    Stillearly likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  19. #19
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Avoid the full moon....
    If I went to KP
    I'd be there 14 days to 9 days before the actual Full Moon

    Would that be enough time before?

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If I went to KP
    I'd be there 14 days to 9 days before the actual Full Moon

    Would that be enough time before?
    no idea , never appealed to me to go

    think they used to do a half moon party as well , couldn't find anything though , Nels will know if it still happens

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •