Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thailand travel restrictions for INBOUND passengers

Thailand travel restrictions for INBOUND passengers

As of this morning, 20th March, Thai Airways has edited it's online advice to passengers as below. Details are contradictory as it appears the new requirement for a Doctors Certificate supplied within 72hrs, is shown in March 12th advisory as only 48hrs.

The new advisory supposedly replaces the old .....

See here for the NEW advisory: https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/...advisory.page?

Which states....

Non-Thai Nationals Coming to Thailand
    1. The passengers need to present Health Certificate (Medical Certificate)
    certifying that no sickness in the past 14 days and undetectable COVID-19 laboratory result issued within 72 hours prior flight.The health certificate should be written in English or Thai.
    2. The passengers need to present health insurance document with coverage in Thailand at least 100,000 USD.

Thai Nationals Returning to Thailand
    1. Thai Nationals are not required to have Health Insurance but they are required to present of "Fit to Fly" health certificate.
    2. Certifying Letter from Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consulate Office or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand.

And the March 12 advice is here: https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/...r-covid19.page

>>>>>>>>

I shall make this a sticky and update this initial post as more detail comes to hand.

>>>>>>>>

A number of questions need to be addressed in respect of all requirements. The main ones are as follows:-

1./ Health Certificate's may not be available from GP's in many countries, ie: Aus/NZ, where Covid-19 tests will not be made available ad hoc. Some creativeness may overcome this deficiency.
    2./ Travel insurance - What does a returning Expat have to show to gain entry, travel insurance for minimum of say, 30 days, or long term insurance?
    3./ How does a returning Thai obtain a "Fit to Fly" health certificate? And with Embassies/Consulates already overwhelmed with calls, how do they obtain the certifying letter (presumably verifying the Fit to Fly medical certificate. Clear as mud, isnt it.
    Last edited by kaptainrob; 20th March 2020 at 17:35.
    Quarky likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    A number of questions need to be addressed in respect of all requirements. The main ones are as follows:-

1./ Health Certificate's may not be available from GP's in many countries, ie: Aus/NZ, where Covid-19 tests will not be made available ad hoc. Some creativeness may overcome this deficiency.
    2./ Travel insurance - What does a returning Expat have to show to gain entry, travel insurance for minimum of say, 30 days, or long term insurance?
    3./ How does a returning Thai obtain a "Fit to Fly" health certificate? And with Embassies/Consulates already overwhelmed with calls, how do they obtain the certifying letter (presumably verifying the Fit to Fly medical certificate. Clear as mud, isnt it.

These rules become effective from midnight on Sunday 22nd, Thailand time.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

TAKE NOTE:-
    In case of violation to 3, 4 or 5, air operators shall be responsible for the expensesincurred for the transportation of the passengers to be isolated, quarantined, confinedfor observation, and immunized, including the expenses for the care, hospitalization ofsuch person and the prevention and control of international communicable disease inaccordance to the Communicable Diseases Act B.E.2558(2015).

Full CAAT announcement below:-

The Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailandon Practical Guideline for Air Operators Performing Flights into the Kingdom of Thailand

In reference to the Notification of the Minister of Public Health, deriving from theadvice of the National Communicable Diseases Committee, declaring that Coronavirus Disease(COVID–19) is a dangerous communicable disease under the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558(2015) and Thailand has continuously implemented measures to monitor and control the disease.Currently, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the escalation of theCoronavirus Disease (COVID–19) situation to pandemic. Therefore, for the prevention andreduction of potential risks to the general public within the country and the prompt oversightof civil aviation in this necessary situation, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand hereby issuethe following guidelines for air operators entering Thailand.

1. The Notification of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on Practical Guideline forAir Operators Relating to the Services to be Provided for Passengers from theTerritories Outside the Kingdom of Thailand Defined as Disease Infected Zones ofthe Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak and from Ongoing Local TransmissionAreas announced on 18 March B.E. 2563 (2020) is hereby abolished.

2. Passengers traveling into the Kingdom of Thailand must be subject to isolation,quarantine, under observation,or any other measures for the prevention and controlof communicable diseases as prescribed by the communicable disease controlofficials at the international communicable disease control checkpoint.

3. Air operators providing services to passengers traveling to the Kingdom of Thailand arerequired to perform the following screening of passengers at the time of check-in1) Check passengers’ health certificate certifying that the passengers pose no riskof being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19). The health certificatemust be issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel.(2) Check passengers’ insurance policy that shows minimum medical coverage inThailand of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), in the amount not less than 100,000 USD.

4. For passengers with Thai nationality returning to the Kingdom of Thailand, the airoperators are required to perform the screening as follows1) Check passengers’ health certificate confirming that the passengers are fit to fly.(2) Check passengers’ letter issued by the Royal Thai Embassy, Thai ConsularOffice or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifying that the passengers are Thainationals returning to Thailand.

5. If the passengers are unable to present the required documentation according to 3or 4, the air operator shall not issue a boarding pass and the boarding shall be denied.

6. After the required screening has been satisfied as in 3 or 4, and the boarding passesare issued to the passengers, the air operators shall arrange for passengers to provideinformation on their accommodation that can be contacted in Thailand in Form T.8in accordance with the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 (2015) and submit tothe communicable disease control officials at the international communicabledisease control checkpoint of the airport of disembarkation. The passengers mayalso enter their information in the “AOT Airport of Thailand” application.

7. Air operators should apply the following protective measures on board the aircraft1) Arrange seats to passengers with the greatest possible distance apart from eachother when issuing boarding passes. Dedicated space in the passenger cabinshould be allocated to monitor passengers with fever, cough or illness if necessary.(2) Inform passengers on how to protect themselves from communicablediseases, to always wear their masks throughout the flight, or prepare otherequipment necessary to protect themselves against transmission.(3) Consider limiting services in the passenger cabin to reduce the necessity forflight attendants to get in close contact with the passengers.(4) Require all flight attendants to wear masks

8. When arriving the Kingdom of Thailand, air operators that passengers are requiredto carry out disinfection or cleaning of aircrafts in accordance with the standardsprescribed by the communicable disease control official at the internationalcommunicable disease control checkpoint.

9. The communicable disease control officials at the international communicabledisease control checkpoint of the airport of disembarkation have the power toissue orders in accordance with the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 (2015)as follows1) Prohibiting any person from entering into or exiting the aircraft entering theKingdom of Thailand without having undergone screening by a communicabledisease control official at theinternational communicable disease controlcheckpoint, and prohibiting any vehicle from approaching such aircraft unlessauthorized.(2) Proceeding or issuing orders in writing for the air operators to take the followingactionsa) remove the infection in order to prevent and control thetransmissionof the disease(b) detain the aircraft at a specified location until the communicable diseasecontrol officials at international communicable disease control checkpointgive permission for its release(c) require the persons on board the aircraft to undergo medical examination;such person may also be isolated, quarantined, confined for observation,or immunized at a specified place and period.

10. In case of violation to 3, 4 or 5, air operators shall be responsible for the expensesincurred for the transportation of the passengers to be isolated, quarantined, confinedfor observation, and immunized, including the expenses for the care, hospitalization ofsuch person and the prevention and control of international communicable disease inaccordance to the Communicable Diseases Act B.E.2558(2015)

11. Air operators shall strictly comply with measures for the surveillance, preventionand control of dangerous communicable diseases as issued by the Ministry ofPublic Health under the Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 (2015).12. Air operators shall notify their staff at the airport of embarkation and the flightattendants of the above guideline and require their full compliance. The flightattendants shall also make additional on-board public announcement of suchguidelines to the passengers.This notification shall be effective from 22 March B.E. 2563 (2020), 00:00 Thailand local time onwards.Issued on 19 March B.E. 2563 (2020).
    TLandHim likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Platinum
    Does any company offer travel cover for Covid-19?
    Most policies have an exclusion for pandemics and this is now classed as one

(Is pandemic a shortened version of "panic about an epidemic"?)

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Does any company offer travel cover for Covid-19?
    Most policies have an exclusion for pandemics and this is now classed as one

(Is pandemic a shortened version of "panic about an epidemic"?)
    You are correct in that most travel policies exclude pandemics. AFAIK all new policies specifically exclude Covid 19.

Thailand ihas essentially CLOSED it's borders as a result though I believe it was an erroneous, certainly misinformed decision to apply specific insurance cover.

I think pandemic comes from 'pan' as in panorama and infers wide ranging global epidemic.
    Cheers, Rob.

Bangkok Post article about land border closures, also makes the following assumption

"The country has already imposed a de facto ban on most international flights, by issuing regulations that are deliberately bewildering and almost impossible for a normal traveller to fulfill. They include a requirement for a medical certificate stating that the person is free of Covid-19."

I note some discussion in Australia about Thai nationals on short term visas being given bridging visas due to lack of flights plus Thailands own ridiculous requirement for consular certification of fit to fly status.
    Last edited by kaptainrob; 21st March 2020 at 11:24.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Bangkok Post article about land border closures, also makes the following assumption

"The country has already imposed a de facto ban on most international flights, by issuing regulations that are deliberately bewildering and almost impossible for a normal traveller to fulfill. They include a requirement for a medical certificate stating that the person is free of Covid-19."

I note some discussion in Australia about Thai nationals on short term visas being given bridging visas due to lack of flights plus Thailands own ridiculous requirement for consular certification of fit to fly status.
    1st off good info posted KR

As for the bringing visas.....I think countries are being very compassionate with people in their country on visas
    Many given extension and holding off on requirements like biometrics for 90 days

My WP may be slightly screwed up
    Usually I can do a "flagpole"
    Just drive into US and drive back and get my WP at border as a US citizen
    But looks like I will need to send it in and if it won't be back by my experation
    I can still live and work on "implied status" but I will lose my health insurance
    And also can't leave Canada
    But I can buy a month to month policy at BCAA
    (I hope no one gets upset with my personal story)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Basically what they are saying is NOBODY should even try to come to Thailand for the next 10 months or more. It will be at least that long before they have handle on what they are dealing with. With all the hospitals understaffed and over worked they don't want ANYBODY to come to a hospital or clinic unless it's an emergency. Getting a doctor's test for the virus is almost impossible unless you actually have the symptoms. Hospitals are also the worst place to go if you are NOT an emergency. That is where all the germs are located.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Basically what they are saying is NOBODY should even try to come to Thailand for the next 10 months or more. It will be at least that long before they have handle on what they are dealing with. With all the hospitals understaffed and over worked they don't want ANYBODY to come to a hospital or clinic unless it's an emergency. Getting a doctor's test for the virus is almost impossible unless you actually have the symptoms. Hospitals are also the worst place to go if you are NOT an emergency. That is where all the germs are located.
    Just go and get the virus Ian, if you have survived the virus you are imun and they will great you with open arms ;-)

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Briofoz reported today he bought Corona Virus (special ) Insurance at Krungthai ( light blue colour) Bank on Saturday morning , over the counter.

He said he thought it covered 100k bt hospital treatment and 1 million death pay out .. cost 850 baht

Of course , the question is whether that will ENSURE hospital admission for anyone or farang at all ... if the hospital is Full , its Full , after all...

Though Im confident Bangkok hospital will have beds for cashed up farangs , some how...

My experience with Bkk is that they will see the Insurance is spent on Day ONE .
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I asked at KBank yesterday...I was told for Thai Nationals only...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    From the Bangkok Post

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Cadet Gold
    Has anybody seen a policy with the US$100,000 coverage required for a foreigner to enter, or return, to Thailand?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    Has anybody seen a policy with the US$100,000 coverage required for a foreigner to enter, or return, to Thailand?
    I don't think it exists, just a way for Thailand to save face by not having to ban foreign nationals from entering the country while allowing Thai nationals back in.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Cadet Gold
    Thailand has effectively banned their own citizens from returning as well, requiring them to get the "fit to fly" certificate from the Thai embassy in whatever country they are in. As nobody outside of government halls in Bangkok knows what this is, they are stranded.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    Thailand has effectively banned their own citizens from returning as well, requiring them to get the "fit to fly" certificate from the Thai embassy in whatever country they are in. As nobody outside of government halls in Bangkok knows what this is, they are stranded.
    You said that nasty word again...… "GOVERNMENT"

I sometimes wonder if there is ANY politician with a functioning brain ANYWHERE.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    At least one American CEO cares more about the people than his bottom line....

PS....He's a Thai citizen too! Fascinating guy and obviously has morals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast