Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Thailand tourist rules

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Thailand tourist rules

Has anyone seen the latest update?

I see they say October but that may be just other Asian countries?

And they are talking about quarantine at resort where you can just stay at the resort?

That may end up being a real hassle for expats, if you are getting stopped and show proof you live there

I don't even know if I went and and stayed at a quarantine hotel, Ao and Nut may not be allowed?

All up in the air

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    No point even thinking about travel until both your own country and your destination are back to normal
    Last edited by Stillearly; 14th May 2020 at 05:53.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I doubt international travel without isolation, will happen before 2022.

You will have to accept you will spend 2 weeks in isolation if you want to enter the country, so you need a very good reason for the travel. Further, when you return to your own country you will probably have to isolate for 2 weeks as well.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I doubt international travel without isolation, will happen before 2022.

You will have to accept you will spend 2 weeks in isolation if you want to enter the country, so you need a very good reason for the travel. Further, when you return to your own country you will probably have to isolate for 2 weeks as well.
    Yeah
    I don't know if it will be 2022
    I actually think there will be International travel in late 2021 if no huge flare ups

I would fly to Thailand and do the 2 week isolation at a nice resort but only if Ao and Nut would be allowed to join me
    I'd likely stay 1 month to 6 weeks

Isolating at home wouldn't be an issue
    I would just send Quincy to the boarders for 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No point even thinking about travel until both your own country and your destination are back to normal
    They are talking US/Canada border opening June 21st

If that's they case I may do August/September in Boston
    I'd have to isolate for 2 weeks in Boston, maybe a hotel?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Yeah
    I don't know if it will be 2022
    I actually think there will be International travel in late 2021 if no huge flare ups

I would fly to Thailand and do the 2 week isolation at a nice resort but only if Ao and Nut would be allowed to join me
    I'd likely stay 1 month to 6 weeks

Isolating at home wouldn't be an issue
    I would just send Quincy to the boarders for 2 months
    and another two weeks isolating when you return home ..... it just won't be practical for the majority of people ... only really the retired who split their time between home and another country

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    and another two weeks isolating when you return home ..... it just won't be practical for the majority of people ... only really the retired who split their time between home and another country
    Of course it wouldn't be practical for most people.
    But I'd like to see my wife and stepson and I can likely get the time

I can do the 2 weeks back home easy

But for a normal tourist, I wouldn't go to Thailand
    How much fun is there going to be had even after the 2 weeks at the hotel?
    I doubt much at all

I think a bigger discussion is if they do implement this 2 week quarantine it could be a real hassle for expats that live in those designated areas
    I could see them getting stopped a lot to prove Presidency

Just watched an interview with the world head of the airline association and he said they expect international air travel not to back to normal till 2023.

They are hemorrhaging millions of dollars and he said they are reliant on Gov. bailouts or 80% of companies will go broke and close.

Hey Bacon, forget about the Cessna for $40k wait a bit and you might get a 737 for that. 555555
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Just watched an interview with the world head of the airline association and he said they expect international air travel not to back to normal till 2023.

They are hemorrhaging millions of dollars and he said they are reliant on Gov. bailouts or 80% of companies will go broke and close.

Hey Bacon, forget about the Cessna for $40k wait a bit and you might get a 737 for that. 555555
    When he says get back to normal, that doesn't mean their won't be flights

If borders open their will be flights to get there, maybe not as convenient as we are used to though.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Any prediction to do with travel (including domestic) out beyond the next couple of months is BS and isolation has infected their brain. Total guess. Same for investment markets, economics, jobs, working arrangements, etc.
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ I expect we will be drinking in bars again here before any new tourist arrivals can come in..atm its only a max of 200 people arriving per day (at the international airport Swampy) and they are all Thai Nationals returning from O/S...they are all tested immediately and put straight into Govt Q facilties for 14 days and then require the same SI period again when released to their homes...there are also Self Isolation (14 days) rules in place for Thais moving back to their own provinces

Rumour around here is that bars may open without music and dancing sometime in August..but thats probably wishful thinking from a few bar owners I know....

I have a Thai friend currently in Japan. She has been told another 80 days until she "might" be able to return to Thailand. So even Thai Nationals being blocked entry? Or maybe Japan is seen as a hot spot?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I heard WHO saying today that this virus ain't going away and lifting restrictions getting mass infections again imposing restrictions again.... rinse and repeat over and over might be the norm now.
    Scary stuff if so and I don't know if I'll ever get to Europe again like I'd planned....LOS maybe.
    “There's someone in my head, but it's not me.”
    ― Pink Floyd

Domestic visitors to Chiang Mai must pre-register with data via a LINE app and make location inputs whilst in the province. It's a reasonable means of tracing ppl who arrive by air though I'm not sure what roadside checkpoints require.

I can see limited international air travel commencing around end of August with very strict guidelines and health requirements before travel and whilst in transit.

NZ & Aus, trans Tasman travel will be interesting if it commences around August, (the coldest month) and may be limited to specific regions. Eg: AKL to WA or QLD permitted, NSW/Vic a no go zone. But I'm only guessing.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

^^^ Yes Rob and I wouldn't think Kiwi's would want to travel to Vic or NSW which are the two worst states for C 19. Especially if the weather is cold and wet.

Talking to my friends and family in Sydney, they all think the Gov. is relaxing things too soon. Talking to friends living in rural NSW and they think it should be done faster, at least in the rural areas as they don't have cases.

Here in Qld they are letting the brake off fairly quickly, this weekend we can travel up to 150klm from home but can't stay overnight, so just a day out but it is getting better.

We have had another run of no new cases for the last 4 days, we have had several runs of 3 or 4 days with no new cases. The thing will be to see what happens in the next 2 weeks to know if there is any effect from the release of lockdown.
    kaptainrob likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I have a Thai friend currently in Japan. She has been told another 80 days until she "might" be able to return to Thailand. So even Thai Nationals being blocked entry? Or maybe Japan is seen as a hot spot?
    Thais wanting to return home atm have to apply to do so..and then they are given a number and told to wait..as I said atm they are only letting in 200 returnees a day as they say that is all they can cope with...no one else is allowed in..that is an embargoed figure..
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Has anyone seen the latest update?

I see they say October but that may be just other Asian countries?

And they are talking about quarantine at resort where you can just stay at the resort?

That may end up being a real hassle for expats, if you are getting stopped and show proof you live there

I don't even know if I went and and stayed at a quarantine hotel, Ao and Nut may not be allowed?

All up in the air
    Could be interesting to follow this guy to see how many problems he get into on his trip in Isaan

Dupree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Repriation flights started this week I believe

Repriation flights started this week I believe
    What Nels says seems to make sense.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast