Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thailand unlikely to do asylum seeker deal

Foundation Member Cadet Gold

Thailand unlikely to do asylum seeker deal

Thailand unlikely to do asylum seeker deal | The Australian

Looks like Rudd has lost his excuse to visit GoGo bars in BKK.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Running out of countries!!... maybe Antarctica could be an option....
    And It's funny how Thailand even thought that Australia had some sought of deal with Timor

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have not really kept up to date with all this stuff but I can't see why is is so easy for asylum seeker/boat people can get into Australia, but it is so hard when it comes to legit people going throught the right paths with Visa's and what not.

Also why is it that the Asylum seekers are getting a pension higher then what out Pensioners are getting? How is that right?

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I have not really kept up to date with all this stuff but I can't see why is is so easy for asylum seeker/boat people can get into Australia, but it is so hard when it comes to legit people going throught the right paths with Visa's and what not.
    With the hoops they are putting you through for a TV it is hard to believe that tourism and education are large industries in Australia. So much for embracing Asia!

You think the Tourist Visa is bad, have a read about Partner Visa's and similar. They are almost forcing couples to be apart as they wait 12 months to get approved. Sounds like they would prefer to see the relationship end then allow them into the country legally...

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    With the hoops they are putting you through for a TV it is hard to believe that tourism and education are large industries in Australia. So much for embracing Asia!
    Its only certain parts of Asia... getting a PR for a Singaporean girl is a piece of cake compared to a Philla or Tg

Not meaning to sound racist but it must be like a walk in the park for the Chinese, Japanese and Indians... There are so many of them over here

There are actually more immigrants from Anglo saxon countries... they just blend in better than an Asian

and most of the people you see Chinese, Indian and Japanese are here on study visa's which allows our students to get a good education at a bargain price... they will only allow so many International students in each course (paying full price) to subsidise any Australian students!!

I stand corrected 555

There was a show on the ABC last night about how people from Asian and Arab countries are huge spenders on cosmetic surgery, the reason being is that they want to blend in more... they realise that Europeans are more accepted into western societies and because of this they try to emulate their looks i.e. skin bleaching, eye and nose reconstructions...
    When I was growing up in the SE suburbs of Melbourne the new immigrants were moved into purpose built suburbs like Ashburton and Springvale..... The majority of immigrants were Italians, Greeks and Hungarians (the Wogs) in these suburbs, but once again the community would bark up about all these immigrants not realising that the good old 2 Bob Pom was nearly 10 to 1 of the European immigrants.... You just don't notice them as they are accepted, the same way that the wogs are accepted now.....

it seesm to go through stages, my dad tells me as he was younger that there were so many Anglo/Wogs immigrating here then of recent there seemed to be more and more Asians and it looks like now were are going to be getting all the Sudanese... Craig, did you notice the population of Sudanese slowly growning in the area? I know they are building a Commission Estate around the corner from us..

Yeah I've seen them... only because they're 6'+ and very black!!.... but this is what I'm saying, it's community ignorance not community racism.... The Sudanese are the new immigrants on the block, all the Indians and Pakistani's will be loving it as the emphasis is now off them!! But still more Anglo saxons come in (unnoticed) than anyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Yeah I've seen them... only because they're 6'+ and very black!!.... but this is what I'm saying, it's community ignorance not community racism.... The Sudanese are the new immigrants on the block, all the Indians and Pakistani's will be loving it as the emphasis is now off them!! But still more Anglo saxons come in (unnoticed) than anyone else!
    Yeah very good point, I would have to agree with that myself. I swear i saw a 7+ footer not long ago. He asked me a question about buses and I started to talk to him for about half an hour. He was a really nice guy and by the end of it he thanked me for talking to him, as most would just stare or walk the other way. Too bad there as the few that give the whole race a bad name.