Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By justcruzing1
  • 2 Post By chelski

Thread: Thai men Accused of Killing Aussie

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Thai men Accused of Killing Aussie

Have a read of this article Australians are racist, says men accused of killing Luke Mitchell | Herald Sun

The below is a quote from the article.
    Extradition would be a breach of their rights and "unsafe", said Sophon Tatichotiphan
    If Tourists have to be trialed in Thailand for committing a crime there then they should have to be trialed in Australia IMO. I believe some Aussies can be racist but our courts will generally treat everyone as an equal. I feel if they were trialed in Thailand they go easy on them and the punishment will not be whats deserved..

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    pot/kettle...try living in Thailand for a few years with a decent hold of the language...what you hear about yourself said in front of you can be shocking

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    pot/kettle...try living in Thailand for a few years with a decent hold of the language...what you hear about yourself said in front of you can be shocking
    Everyone has a bit of a racist side the them, I know Noy has translated a few things that have been said about me in the past and even Noy found some of it shocking

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    We wouldn't extradite one of our own to stand trial in LOS... It works both ways

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Xenophobic.....might be the way to discribe it or is it jealousy for someone with more money.

Though with that understanding it might give you the opportunity to out Thai them so to speak.

BacW it is not a bad thing though to be disillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Xenophobic.....might be the way to discribe it or is it jealousy for someone with more money.

Though with that understanding it might give you the opportunity to out Thai them so to speak.

BacW it is not a bad thing though to be disillusioned.
    I never respond directly to comments....but I will later join the conversation and speak in Thai...just so they know i understood their comments...does create some red faces at times....but I do not aim to embarrass or cause loss of face

as for disillusionment....I swing from that to a deep love for the country/people and every other emotion in between on a daily basis...just a part of living here for me/ a farang..easy to be more romantic about a country when you are not living in it though 555
    Minder likes this.

I never respond directly to comments....but I will later join the conversation and speak in Thai...just so they know i understood their comments...does create some red faces at times....but I do not aim to embarrass or cause loss of face

as for disillusionment....I swing from that to a deep love for the country/people and every other emotion in between on a daily basis...just a part of living here for me/ a farang..easy to be more romantic about a country when you are not living in it though 555
    There you are out Thai-ing them.55555

Just understanding how it is and still loving a place is a better way to be.
    Having lived for a Period in LOS you see far more than a short term visitor, not all is picture post card but still better to see a place for what it is.
    I think as a Farang you would see the real LOS if you had no money.........

Though i must admit i dont care what i am thought of there here or anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I think as a Farang you would see the real LOS if you had no money.........
    wouldn't want to be here without money....life would be harsh

however living modestly...(nice apartment but just a scooter, surfboard and golf clubs as my worldly possessions).....is something I recommend...flashing cash does not impress Thais...quite the contrary....you are judged by Thais on how well you manage money...not how much you spend

wouldn't want to be here without money....life would be harsh

however living modestly...(nice apartment but just a scooter, surfboard and golf clubs as my worldly possessions).....is something I recommend...flashing cash does not impress Thais...quite the contrary....you are judged by Thais on how well you manage money...not how much you spend
    If people know you have money then your Mrs becomes a centre for small loans.5555
    Poor Mrs W she had this prob lucky after 2 non returns she hardened up.5555

Simple life i agree with, lived with less in LOS but it felt like more if that makes sense...

taken a while, but now they've been sentenced

Thai men who murdered Good Samaritan Luke Mitchell have been jailed for 24 years

Two Thai men who hunted down a Good Samaritan, repeatedly stabbed him and then flew to their homeland have each been sentenced to 24 years in jail for murder.

Thatiya Terdputham, 40, and Sarud Seehaverachart, 33, must spend at least 18 years in prison for their roles in killing Luke Mitchell, who was repeatedly punched, kicked and stabbed outside a Brunswick 7-Eleven on May 24, 2009. The pair were in September found guilty of murder by a Supreme Court jury.

Fuelled on whiskey and intent on retribution, Terdputham, Seehaverachart and friend Teparat Tepsut armed themselves with knives and a meat cleaver, jumped in their black Mercedes-Benz and went looking for Mr Mitchell.

Mr Mitchell, who had been out with sister-in-law Daniella and her friends, had earlier fought with the Thai men while protecting his sister-in-law, who had exchanged words with the men when they confronted another man.

Mr Mitchell, 29, died in hospital.

The three Thai men flew to Bangkok on one-way tickets in the hours after the attack.

Tepsut told the jury he had stood guard for his friends during the attack.

He pleaded guilty to murder and gave evidence against the pair and and was jailed for 15 years, to serve a minimum 11 years.

The court heard Terdputham and Seehaverachart were arrested in Thailand in late 2010 and spent years in a Bangkok prison before they were extradited to Australia.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Still quite a soft sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Still quite a soft sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "while protecting his sister-in-law, who had exchanged words with the men when they confronted another man."

18 years is plenty enough. Especially for killing some sh*t for brains who decided to side with some loud mouth C*UNT who stuck her nose where it don't belong.

Moral of the story, don't try and be a fucking hero.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    "while protecting his sister-in-law, who had exchanged words with the men when they confronted another man."

18 years is plenty enough. Especially for killing some sh*t for brains who decided to side with some loud mouth C*UNT who stuck her nose where it don't belong.

So Bacon what are you not telling us about this case that I do bot seem to have seen anything about along these lines in the media ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Well this is interesting.

Today I had to go to the police station in Cannonvale to get some doc's witnessed, like by a JP.

In front of me was a couple, he had a black eye, broken nose, she had some stitches in her left eye brow and scratches.

While waiting for the cop to photo copy their statements, I asked what happened?

Turns out they were out last night and walking down the main street of Airlie, a girl was distraught, crying and claimed her boyfriend was abusing her, smacking her around etc so when the boyfriend turned up, the guy tried to intervine and keep him away from her.

It went way wrong, the guy smashed this bloke AND the girl turned on his missus and punched the crap out of her.

Now in the middle of all the rucus, the guy looses his wallet with all their holiday money and cards in it.

Now I am sure they were just trying to look after the girl that seemed to be in fear of a bashing or worse.

Ifr it was me I would have done exactly the same thing, even though I'm well past my use by date.

If not then you can't ever expect anyone to come to your aid when it happens to you.

Now on the case of the Thai guys, I think it was a soft sentance as well.

They went home and got weapons, it was pre meditated not just a fight in the street gone wrong. 26 to life would have been my judgement.
    Quarky and KRIS-ONE like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    I love this bit, it shows how soft the justice system is in Australia.
    "Terdputham, the court heard, developed post traumatic stress disorder from his time in jail in Thailand, where he witnessed stabbings and suicides. Prison in Australia would be onerous given his condition, Justice Beale said, and would also be for Seehaverahart given he has no family support in Australia. Terdputham's mother lives in Melbourne". So fcuking what if he has post traumatic stress disorder, do the crime and do the time.

Prison in Australia will have colour TV, 3 meals a day, exercise and all the support that the people who get sent there want for their time there. I hope the warders leave their cell doors open for a few minutes and let a few of the locals give the guy some revenge on their behalf. It will not bring him back, but might make his folks feel a bit better to know some old fashion justice had been handed out on his behalf.

Imagine if you went to Thailand or anywhere in Asia and done the same thing, if you survived a few weeks you would be lucky, no segregation or colour TV there I am afraid, sleep with the locals with one eye open all the time to make sure no none sticks you with a blade.
    Tingtong and Cuzzy like this.