Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Pracha: Bangkok won’t be flooded

News Ferret

Pracha: Bangkok won’t be flooded

Bangkok city will not be affected by the widespread flooding, Deputy Prime Minister and director of the Flood Relief Operation Centre Pracha Promnok said at a press conference on Friday.

More...

Can't believe they are making these statements...it is a natural disaster, and they have very little influence on the outcome. A lot of rain overnight just upstream from Bangkok also.

If a few more walls go, then this could create a domino effect. Only Buddha knows the outcome, and they are all praying for a good outcome...fingers crossed.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more with you on that..............Couple of classic statements in that article

he flow was only 3,600 cubic metres per second, lower than earlier expected 3,800 cubic metres. Moreover, several dams have now reduced the amount of water being released, he said.

3600 and 3800.... so that's about a 5 percent less ...yep plenty of room for error in that....555

“The level of the flow in Chao Phraya which will arrive in Bangkok on Oct 15-16 will not be higher than 2.3 to 2.4 metres. The floodwalls in Bangkok are 2.5 metres high, therefore, Bangkok is safe,” said Mr Chalit.

Another classic.....1 metre = 1000 millimetres.......so there is 100mm spare...that wouldn't leave me to confident...but for all concerned i hope he gets it right
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Couldn't agree more with you on that..............Couple of classic statements in that article

he flow was only 3,600 cubic metres per second, lower than earlier expected 3,800 cubic metres. Moreover, several dams have now reduced the amount of water being released, he said.

3600 and 3800.... so that's about a 5 percent less ...yep plenty of room for error in that....555

“The level of the flow in Chao Phraya which will arrive in Bangkok on Oct 15-16 will not be higher than 2.3 to 2.4 metres. The floodwalls in Bangkok are 2.5 metres high, therefore, Bangkok is safe,” said Mr Chalit.

Another classic.....1 metre = 1000 millimetres.......so there is 100mm spare...that wouldn't leave me to confident...but for all concerned i hope he gets it right
    I know this is classed as an 'Act of God' but it will certainly test the newly appointed government..... as a high percent of the people of Bangkok voted for the opposition they will looking for a few heads to role no doubt!