Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Japan apologizes to war prisoners

News Ferret

Japan apologizes to war prisoners

The Japanese government on Thursday apologized to former Canadian prisoners of war for their suffering during the Second World War, according to a Canadian statement.

More...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    The Japanese government on Thursday apologized to former Canadian prisoners of war for their suffering during the Second World War, according to a Canadian statement.

Worthless ... a political stunt and an insult to those they still deny murdering and mistreating .... the Jap Governments have denied any wrong doing for decades ...

I was talking to ex-Australian army man, Bill Slape the curator of the Hellfire Pass Museum in Kanchanaburi a few years ago - as fellow Aussies he would not let us leave till we had a beer with him and he is the most fluent Aussie thai-speaker I have ever met - he mentioned how common it is for young Japs to come out of the Museum crying and distressed ...

No one has ever told them what really happened and how the other races were mistreated and murdered by their grand parents etc .....

I imagine how I might feel - I am proud of my grandfather's service in WW1 and I loved him dearly .... how would I feel to one day find he was worse than a Nazi ?

Only the dead have seen the end of war ....
    Life is the unexpected ...

But does anyone apologise? The USA, UK, Australia or NZ... I am sure every one of those countries has committed atrocities during war... but have any of them apologised for anything unseemly they have done or are doing now? History is told by the victors...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    But does anyone apologise? The USA, UK, Australia or NZ... I am sure every one of those countries has committed atrocities during war... but have any of them apologised for anything unseemly they have done or are doing now? History is told by the victors...
    We apologised to our indigenous folk... I'm still scratching my head over what it achieved
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    We apologised to our indigenous folk... I'm still scratching my head over what it achieved
    We apologised to the Maoris as well... and gave them the coastline...

But I'm thinking more about countries apologising to other countries...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Germany acknowledged the crimes of the Nazis ...
    Russia admits the existence of the Stalin era ...
    Japan denies any wrong doing and remains proud of what it achieved in WW2 ...

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Life is the unexpected ...