Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Sizzler

Sizzler

Thai branches of this American chain of restaurants have introduced a new menu featuring exceptionally succulent kurobuta pork. The meat comes from a species of black pig raised in Japan and is prized for its impressive tenderness, unique flavour and supposed nutritional value.

More...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Will it work if you have to use a knife?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Funny thing, Sizzler is managed (or was) ex Australia. Anyways, Thai pork is sweet and tender enough ... bought a kilo last week @ 120 baht ... 4 meals later still have 500g left in freezer.
    If you like USA style fast food, we have 'em all here ... but why come to Thailand for a Mac, KFC or pizza?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Funny thing, Sizzler is managed (or was) ex Australia. Anyways, Thai pork is sweet and tender enough ... bought a kilo last week @ 120 baht ... 4 meals later still have 500g left in freezer.
    If you like USA style fast food, we have 'em all here ... but why come to Thailand for a Mac, KFC or pizza?
    A lot do though KR , many tourists very reluctant to give the local cuisine a real go, and the FF outlets in Patong do a roaring trade.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    A lot do though KR , many tourists very reluctant to give the local cuisine a real go, and the FF outlets in Patong do a roaring trade.
    Agree AM,
    I think a lot of it is the scared factor.

Scared to drink the water, or clean teeth in it. Don't have ice cubes in drink.
    Scared to try any different food for fear of getting a bad belly.

They all want to have a "Safe" holiday and go back home the same as they came. ( still unaware or wise of anything they visited)

I know most of us here are adventurious people, but in reality we are a very, very small part of the people that visit LOS, the majority of who are "Drones" in my opinion.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I love to eat my Thai food when in LOS, but in Vic we do not have a Sizzler so I try to get there once on a trip to MBK. I knwo when i went with a group of mates, they were scared to eat the Thai food and stuck to the familiar FF places as they saw them as safe... I worked at Maccas for 7 years and I know better... 5555