Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Phangan Full Moon Party Bus Crash: 10 Killed, 17 Hurt

Phangan Full Moon Party Bus Crash: 10 Killed, 17 Hurt

Tourists bound for the popular full moon party island of Phangan were among 10 dead and 17 injured when a VIP bus crashed early today.

.........more

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Jesusss thats a mess if i travel on buses again i will be near the back....Speed i wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Jesusss thats a mess if i travel on buses again i will be near the back....Speed i wonder.
    Cause unknown at this stage. Graphic pics on TV news this morning with bodies being hauled out of wreck/covered with blankets.

We have seen many crazy bus drivers in just one year/15,000 km's. Speeding and illegal over-taking is chronic. When a coach fills your RV mirror at 130 clicks you tend to pull over and let him pass! Worst case was 2 inter-city buses racing each other and hogging the yellow line, forcing drivers onto the shoulder(s). Jo's cousin came up from BKK via Surin at Xmas and said driver was plied with rum and doof doof cranked up to keep him awake!

I avoid traveling close to heavy vehicles, dropping back or accelerating past, leow leow, as we've seen some very unsafe loads and many over-turned trucks.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Like when i drove to Surin and back started cautious and just got swallowed or rounded up. Driving the same speed within reason felt much better.
    Staying well clear of heavy trucks or things with odd loads and buses...

Latest....
    The driver lost control of the first-class, air-conditioned Transport Co. Ltd vehicle and it crashed into an electric power transmission pole on Surat Thani-Nakhon Si Thammarat Road in Kanchanadit district.

Ten people including the driver and Amit Jain, an Indian, were killed in the crash. Five bodies were unidentified and were sent for autopsies at Surat Thani Hospital.

Another 17 persons including Thais and foreigners were injured and are being treated in local hospitals.

The bus carried 24 passengers, the driver and two bus attendants, leaving Bangkok at 7.50 pm on Monday en route to Phangan Island in the southern province of Surat Thani.

According to the initial investigation, the front right tire burst, causing the driver to lose control and the bus hit the electric pole at full speed.

Electric transmission wires were ripped apart and gas was leaking from the disabled bus. Local authorities cut the electricity, while a responding fire truck stood by at the crash site. (MCOT online news)
    Cheers, Rob.