Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai FM: ‘Ball in Cambodian court’ on bilateral talks, permanent ceasefire

News Ferret

Thai FM: ‘Ball in Cambodian court’ on bilateral talks, permanent ceasefire

Thailand is ready to hold bilateral talks to settle the Thai-Cambodian border dispute and to sign a ceasefire agreement but it depends on the Cambodian decision on its commitment to the United Nations, Thai Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya said.

More...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Hmmm lets hope they sit down and nut this out....often wonder how negotiations go in these cases when NO ONE wants to lose face.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Sorry to seem ignorant,
    What triggered this off?? I had no idea it was happening till Wrabbit's post about Mrs W having to leave village.

This one seems to have slipped under the radar on an international media scene.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Sorry to seem ignorant,
    What triggered this off?? I had no idea it was happening till Wrabbit's post about Mrs W having to leave village.

This one seems to have slipped under the radar on an international media scene.
    I'm sure that its the on going border issue with cambodia.... There is a temple within the cambo border than the Thais believe is theirs..... there has been some ancient text found in the temple that supports the fact that it was possibly part of the kingdom..

Its not been on the news here and not so much even in LOS.
    The numbers they officially reported as dead seem to be less than the village whispers...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Its not been on the news here and not so much even in LOS.
    Correct me if i'm wrong..... I think this skermish has been on going for a fair while now (as in years) it simmers down for a while, then something will happen like an illegal crossing from either side that causes it to flair up again..... I think I read somewhere that it is believed this one started over an accidental discharge from the Thai side

Yes thats right but more inline of the odd shot this is a much bigger deal.
    last time was in the 70s at the same temple and was worse than this from what i have been told.
    so many in villages near by will still have memories of that.
    The temple in question was also close to the last refuge of the Khmer Rouge.