Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Thailand tops Australian traveller death list

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Thailand tops Australian traveller death list

Thailand tops Australian death list

Would be interesting to see the list adjusted on a per tourist basis. I suspect Laos may jump near the top of the list, and Thailand would fall down the list considerably.

RIP to all those that have fallen.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Did you cop this idiot???

Mercury H8 hours ago

Thais hate foreignors and if they kill one they are proud of the fact.
    I read an article on a trustworthy website a few months back about a Thai who brutally killed a man simply because he was a foreignor, and for no other reason.

I did do a response to him, that tore strips off him, it seems they deleted it within 2 mins.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Thailand tops Australian death list

Would be interesting to see the list adjusted on a per tourist basis. I suspect Laos may jump near the top of the list, and Thailand would fall down the list considerably.

RIP to all those that have fallen.
    I think they have convienently left NZ off that list as it is the biggest tourist destination of Australia.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I think they have convienently left NZ off that list as it is the biggest tourist destination of Australia.
    How many Kiwi's die in Australia...

Now according to different media Australia may be more dangerous for tourists as the numbers of deaths is up there a bit.
    Over the last 7 years 2433 tourists have died here a fair number by drownings..Wonder if this includes any boat people though they might not be considered tourists.55555
    Most people pay less to see the Kimberly.5555
    4.3 tourists are murdered in Australia on yearly basis...How do you .3 murder someone??55555
    Thailand seems like a safe haven to me.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Maybe the Thai stats should allow for the lethal combination of old/tired tickers and beautiful TGs...555
    Changone likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    How many Kiwi's die in Australia...

Now according to different media Australia may be more dangerous for tourists as the numbers of deaths is up there a bit.
    Over the last 7 years 2433 tourists have died here a fair number by drownings..Wonder if this includes any boat people though they might not be considered tourists.55555
    Most people pay less to see the Kimberly.5555
    4.3 tourists are murdered in Australia on yearly basis...How do you .3 murder someone??55555
    Thailand seems like a safe haven to me.
    I think you have to convert this to a percentage as Australia would be NZ's most popular destination
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    .....A wounded WW1 British officer dragging himself over the shell strewn trenches looking for a safe place to hide spots a crater and slides in, only to come face to face with a badly wounded Aussie Digger. Shocked and temporarily lost for words, he composes himself and say's to the Digger "Did you come here to die?". The Digger props himself up on one arm, looks up at him with a pained expression and says "Naaw mate...I came here Yesterdaay".

I do agree a lot of older Aussies are choosing to spend their last days in Thailand, but I am sure some are going with smiles on their faces.

wabbits likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    .....A wounded WW1 British officer dragging himself over the shell strewn trenches looking for a safe place to hide spots a crater and slides in, only to come face to face with a badly wounded Aussie Digger. Shocked and temporarily lost for words, he composes himself and say's to the Digger "Did you come here to die?". The Digger props himself up on one arm, looks up at him with a pained expression and says "Naaw mate...I came here Yesterdaay".

I do agree a lot of older Aussies are choosing to spend their last days in Thailand, but I am sure some are going with smiles on their faces.

You might change that to 'best years', retirement or something less morbid! 555

Statistics can be manipulated to prove whatever the 'promoter' wishes ... like Labour/National 'spin doctors' ahead of elections.

There happen to be many 'missing persons' in other countries who are NOT counted ... they are ONLY missing. Add these visitors and tourists into Myanmar/Indonesia/Cambodia/Laos stats and see how it all stacks up.

I do agree, Thailand is dangerous for old fella's with dodgy hearts, or tourists who suddenly decide on taking up motor-bike or elephant riding. For anyone else, it's "death by natural causes' ... ok na!
    wabbits likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!