Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Elephant Rampage North of Phuket: 'One Dead, Tourists Injured'

News Ferret

Elephant Rampage North of Phuket: 'One Dead, Tourists Injured'

Breaking News Two male elephants fight over a female on a tourist trek through Khao Sok National Park north of Phuket, with one Swiss woman trampled to death and several other tourists injured.

More...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I suggested awhile back to Mrs W we go elephant trekking, she said no way to dangerous. At the time i sorta said to self really.
    We rode past Elephant village back of Pattaya you could see some Elephants, Mrs W just stiffened in fright as we passed..
    Not unfounded it seems.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    saw a doco recently on tattoos in Thailand.... they were first used on the mamouts to protect them against the elephants... they were applied by the monks and were thought to hold special powers of protection... it is thought to be one of the most hazerdous jobs in LOS

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I thought Elephants were universally loved in LOS seems they are equally feared...
    Mrs W likes images and statues.

Yes an elephant has a sh1tty day someone dies.......

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I think my day would be kind of sh1tty if I was getting smacked around the head