Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Drought hits paradise island

News Ferret

Drought hits paradise island

The severe drought is threatening to quickly spread over many parts of the country, with water on the world-renowned tourist getaway of Phi Phi Island set to run out as early as this month.

More...

Most of Thailand is facing drought, not just Phi Phi. (Phuket may be exempt though)

Warning central region farmers NOT to plant rice will fall on deaf ears whilst this crazy rice subsidy remains .... two different stories merged for media sensationalism!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Errrmmm...spot the deliberate mistake.

"Some 2.5 million visitors arrive on Phi Phi, a part of Krabi, every day, with many staying the night...."

Maybe they drank it all...
    Last edited by Changone; 16th March 2013 at 16:10.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Our village reservoir in Hua Kwan (Kamala) has run dry and we await water being piped over from Kathu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Our village reservoir in Hua Kwan (Kamala) has run dry and we await water being piped over from Kathu.
    Is that the only water source? I seem to recall there being another dam or spring.

Ping river - Chiang Mai is looking pretty sick and I hate to think what our regions water reserves are like .... but .... the moat's been cleaned out and re-filled in preparation for Sonkran!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Is that the only water source? I seem to recall there being another dam or spring.

Ping river - Chiang Mai is looking pretty sick and I hate to think what our regions water reserves are like .... but .... the moat's been cleaned out and re-filled in preparation for Sonkran!
    You can get the village supply or go onto a metered PAYG supply from Kathu.
    Our well is kaput since the nearby piling work and "It hasn't rained for weeks , Doreen" for the tank refills.

It's the first time here I've had to buy water - 300 baht a week wont bust me.
    Last edited by Zablive; 16th March 2013 at 16:13.