Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Two Aussie Tourists Knifed: Patong Tuk-Tuk Thugs Accused of Attack

  1. #1
    News Ferret
    Guest

    Two Aussie Tourists Knifed: Patong Tuk-Tuk Thugs Accused of Attack

    Breaking News Australian tourists say a tuktuk gang set upon them in Patong, knifing two young men and putting them in hospital. The incident is likely to intensify concerns about safety and security.

    More...

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    this wont look good in the Sydney Herald tomorrow......

  3. #3
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by News Ferret View Post
    Breaking News Australian tourists say a tuktuk gang set upon them in Patong, knifing two young men and putting them in hospital. The incident is likely to intensify concerns about safety and security.

    More...
    Can someone actually describe a "tuk tuk" gang to me, do they do drive by bashings travelling around in a tuk tuk or do they just use a tuk tuk to get where they want to square off with someone. I've met some ok Tuk Tuk drivers in my travels and some average ones but they all seem to get tarred with the same brush.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 26th February 2011 at 20:48.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  4. #4
    Rock & Roll
    Guest
    The Australian Embassy should issue an official warning to their citizens that they should NOT visit Phuket because it is unsafe. And let it be known to the Thai authorities that they will NOT retract that warning until Phuket cleans their act up!

    This act of thuggery was yet another black eye for Phuket, and a disgrace for the entire country.

  5. #5
    Cadet silver Jaffaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Downunder Pub, Chiang Mai
    Age
    62
    Posts
    162
    Never do or especially say anything rude to a Thai.
    I was told the great majority of Thai men have a gun in their car, so dont give them the finger.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

  6. #6
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffaman View Post
    Never do or especially say anything rude to a Thai.
    I was told the great majority of Thai men have a gun in their car, so dont give them the finger.
    I cant Imagine it was an unprovoked attack..... Aussie can be the best and also the worst travelers in the world

  7. #7
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,286
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I cant Imagine it was an unprovoked attack..... Aussie can be the best and also the worst travelers in the world
    My thoughts PBB i dont think tuk tuk guys are good guys but there must be something that set them off. Sounds like these guys may have got the blame for something others did...maybe.
    The best bet is to smile and say mai ben rai.
    The powers that be should remove any tuk tuk driver that has a incident like this.
    Get the Baht bus system same same Pattaya.
    .

  8. #8
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    My thoughts PBB i dont think tuk tuk guys are good guys but there must be something that set them off. Sounds like these guys may have got the blame for something others did...maybe.
    The best bet is to smile and say mai ben rai.
    The powers that be should remove any tuk tuk driver that has a incident like this.
    Get the Baht bus system same same Pattaya.
    How can they confirm that they were all tuk tuk drivers , or just a mob who arrived in some tuk tuks? BTY not condoning anything, but there has to be more to this than has been released in the press
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •