Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Phuket Standoff as Taxis Blockade Cruise Liner

News Ferret

Phuket Standoff as Taxis Blockade Cruise Liner

Breaking News Local Phuket taxi drivers take the law into their own hands and again blockade cruise liner passengers as Phuket's public transport crisis escalates.

More...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    It will serve them right, when all the liner co's boycott Phuket.

Pull it off all of the cruse's for 6-12 months and see what happens. But make it known every month that the mongerals are the reason why there is no business in town.

When I was in Patong, I never took a tuck tuck or taxi. I took a metred cab from the airport, nice guy driving, he told me he got 5k bt a month and drove 12hr shifts. I asked for his phone no so I could give him the business for my return trip to the airport. He told me he can not come into Patong to pickup anyone or his house will be burnt and him bashed. I thought he was kidding but he was seriously scared, said his cousin lost his house.

One day while walking down Bangla, a guy at a tour stand handed me a piece of paper with a phone no. on it, it said airport 400bt I think... All the taxi places say 900bt so I kept it.
    The day I left i went to a taxi rank and asked how much to airport? 1,100bt I laughed and started to walk away, "Ok I do very good price 800bt, get in" I said I get for 400bt he walked up to me waving his finger and said NO you not get out of here for 400bt, so i walked away laughing, and stood on the corner where he could see me make a phone call to the private driver, then I sat on the step and waited. The taxi driver was swearing and going off, he was kicking the front wheel of his cab.

The driver turned up 15mins later, in a near new toyota, popped the boot and we threw the bags in and bolted. He was an older man, spoke good English, and he told me he was risking big trouble doing what he does, but it was the only way to support his wife, child and grandkids, he had no education or training, driven cabs all his life, not in Patong, up north, and in Bkk. I hope he is still ok.

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    It will serve them right, when all the liner co's boycott Phuket.

Pull it off all of the cruse's for 6-12 months and see what happens. But make it known every month that the mongerals are the reason why there is no business in town.

When I was in Patong, I never took a tuck tuck or taxi. I took a metred cab from the airport, nice guy driving, he told me he got 5k bt a month and drove 12hr shifts. I asked for his phone no so I could give him the business for my return trip to the airport. He told me he can not come into Patong to pickup anyone or his house will be burnt and him bashed. I thought he was kidding but he was seriously scared, said his cousin lost his house.

One day while walking down Bangla, a guy at a tour stand handed me a piece of paper with a phone no. on it, it said airport 400bt I think... All the taxi places say 900bt so I kept it.
    The day I left i went to a taxi rank and asked how much to airport? 1,100bt I laughed and started to walk away, "Ok I do very good price 800bt, get in" I said I get for 400bt he walked up to me waving his finger and said NO you not get out of here for 400bt, so i walked away laughing, and stood on the corner where he could see me make a phone call to the private driver, then I sat on the step and waited. The taxi driver was swearing and going off, he was kicking the front wheel of his cab.

The driver turned up 15mins later, in a near new toyota, popped the boot and we threw the bags in and bolted. He was an older man, spoke good English, and he told me he was risking big trouble doing what he does, but it was the only way to support his wife, child and grandkids, he had no education or training, driven cabs all his life, not in Patong, up north, and in Bkk. I hope he is still ok.
    Geesh JC. Hope your guy is still alive. 555 Not something you want to flaunt in full view of the cartel guys!

As bad as these guys are, and as many complaints as there are about them, I don't expect any changes anytime soon. And if there are, they will most likely be for the worse.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Got one of the private taxi guys from the Airport 650BT drove well and even had seat belts. 55555
    Nice little corolla with mostly all its rear tyres. 5555
    Was happy enough to use him for the return trip his English passable and he arrived right on time to take us back to the airport.
    Should i post his number????

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Got one of the private taxi guys from the Airport 650BT drove well and even had seat belts. 55555
    Nice little corolla with mostly all its rear tyres. 5555
    Was happy enough to use him for the return trip his English passable and he arrived right on time to take us back to the airport.
    Should i post his number????
    He sounds like my guy.5555
    If you post his number, best be in members, or by PM.