Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By jontymate
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Tiger pulling the plug on Australia???

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Tiger pulling the plug on Australia???

Tiger Airways' future is in limbo over grounding | Herald Sun

Do you think this is the end of Tiger Airways in Australia? This could be bad for us.... I hope if they do go belly up that someone will take over to keep the prices down

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    How good would it be if Air Asia started flying domestic here in Oz.... I'm sure it might have already been tossed around the boardroom as a possibility!
    wabbits likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    How good would it be if Air Asia started flying domestic here in Oz.... I'm sure it might have already been tossed around the boardroom as a possibility!
    5555 I doubt they'd be interested, Aus is too small in population, too large in area. Tiger's demise is overdue, their service - lack thereof, and poor maintenance has been going on way too long. Surprising really, given the parent company's history.

It's interesting to watch AA operations at Suvarnabhumi and KL LCCT - very slick turn-a-rounds, and on time! They rely on efficient ground staff - passenger handling, baggage and engineering staff - impossible to coordinate in Aus to the same degree although Virgin do an excellent job.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Stung by compass. I will only ever fly with the big ones. Stung by Ansett. Internally I go Qantas still. I rack up a free flight to LOS every year.

I like to go on Thai airlines. It is direct and I just feel I am halfway there when I go through the boarding gate.

Best airline in my opinion is Emirates not for travel to LOS but in general.
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Stung by compass. I will only ever fly with the big ones. Stung by Ansett. Internally I go Qantas still. I rack up a free flight to LOS every year.

I like to go on Thai airlines. It is direct and I just feel I am halfway there when I go through the boarding gate.

Best airline in my opinion is Emirates not for travel to LOS but in general.
    Can't beat AirAsia's specials and they're a profitable carrier with a very young fleet! As far as full-service airlines are concerned, yes, Emirates is #1 in my books! I recall when Singapore Airlines then later, Air New Zealand, were top-rated. So many ups-and-downs in the airline industry and the budget off-shoots usually do not survive (a la Freedom Air) or suffer horribly from 'cut-price' management (Jetstar)!
    Minder likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I can't go past Emirates as well.

I wonder how Strategic are faring? They have reduced their number of flights on many routes.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    AA for me and easy for Joy if she flies alone. Service good on time good price.