Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What type of traveler are you?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

What type of traveler are you?

I read a lot of trip reports and stories of people travelling, how they have this trip booked or have plans to do this tour and while there will go and see this... for me personally I am the complete opposite, as long as my passports in my hand and I have a few clothes in a bag the most effort I put into a trip is booking the airfare....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Similar PBB, but something I have changed into as I got more travel experience.
    No problem now for me to buy a one way ticket and worry about the return one later.
    Plus now will mostly just fly into town and look for a place to stay, as most of my internet bookings have been major overpriced disappointments.
    I still go to town on the travel docs, emergency plans/funds ID copies and personal security though.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Similar PBB, but something I have changed into as I got more travel experience.
    No problem now for me to buy a one way ticket and worry about the return one later.
    Plus now will mostly just fly into town and look for a place to stay, as most of my internet bookings have been major overpriced disappointments.
    I still go to town on the travel docs, emergency plans/funds ID copies and personal security though.
    Yes C1
    unless it is prime time, I'm with you, just book a place for 1 or 2 nights, amazing the difference to the internet prices, if you turn up with cash, especialy if you are there for any long time.

In Pattaya, I got a new hotel room for 400bt a night, 2 blocks from soi Dianna because I took 3 weeks, and it was quiet.

I should have taken it for the year 555555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I read a lot of trip reports and stories of people travelling, how they have this trip booked or have plans to do this tour and while there will go and see this... for me personally I am the complete opposite, as long as my passports in my hand and I have a few clothes in a bag the most effort I put into a trip is booking the airfare....
    I don't plan too much. eg. 2 weeks in Canada booked, staying with a mate. No plans.... except to have fun! Same as when I go to Thailand. I may pre-book a hotel for the first few days... but I like to leave the rest of the holiday open....
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I would rather do disorganised tours and find things off the beaten track.
    Walking around aimlessly holds great appeal open for a diff experience.

So it's confirmed. We're all a bunch of disorganised travel junkies... 555
    wabbits and G4orce like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    We have never ever done organised excursions. Plus they are always a rip off. Love to jump on a local bus to find somewhere nice. Would much rather get somewhere before everyone else arrives. Much more fun to find your own way around. Also we much prefer to walk everywhere if we can. (That is why we were worn out in BKK, not the easiest place to trek!)
    Same with restaurants, get off the beaten track a bit.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I must be a bit inbetween, I like to have where I am staying booked, dont like organised tours. I prefer to have a bit of a plan in my head as to where I would like to go although that often changes if I am enjoying a drink the night before. 555

Motorbike,Taxi or Train are my preferences for getting around LOS, I usually have TG with me so no worries about gettting lost, its a definite 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So it's confirmed. We're all a bunch of disorganised travel junkies... 555
    Not that disorganised, we all end up Thailand 555.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    We have never ever done organised excursions. Plus they are always a rip off. Love to jump on a local bus to find somewhere nice. Would much rather get somewhere before everyone else arrives. Much more fun to find your own way around. Also we much prefer to walk everywhere if we can. (That is why we were worn out in BKK, not the easiest place to trek!)
    Same with restaurants, get off the beaten track a bit.
    When I was in London in the late 80's, and London been so expensive, to break up our stay in the City, we used to grab our Backpack head to the Victoria Bus Station, and jump on the next Bus to wherever for a few days. Would never ever have ended up in Shrewsbury if we had not done that, was a top little place, and just a short drive into Wales.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Have you ever wondered why yourP1020012.jpg Thai girl wants a deluxe room with a spa?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Have you ever wondered why yourP1020012.jpg Thai girl wants a deluxe room with a spa?
    That's why I travel naked! saves a few bucks... also saves any delay and the airport metal detectors... 555

I went on a walk one night in BKK by myself (Dao sleep too Mutt). I was less then 800 metres from our room. I was draged into this placeIMAG0075.jpg

I did not realise there were so many Gay Bars. The Soi where our condo is just full of gay bars. The Gay monger heaven. I woke Dao up to come save me.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

I went on a walk one night in BKK by myself (Dao sleep too Mutt). I was less then 800 metres from our room. I was draged into this placeIMAG0075.jpg

I did not realise there were so many Gay Bars. The Soi where our condo is just full of gay bars. The Gay monger heaven. I woke Dao up to come save me.
    I have to come clean. This bar is like my local in BKK. I never get in trouble from Dao. I know the guys working in there well. After I buy a few "Flamboyant Gentlemen drinks" I practice some Issan with them(Dao gets frustrated with me too easy). Most are not even Gay. Just doing what they do to make a Baht.

I have to come clean. This bar is like my local in BKK. I never get in trouble from Dao. I know the guys working in there well. After I buy a few "Flamboyant Gentlemen drinks" I practice some Issan with them(Dao gets frustrated with me too easy). Most are not even Gay. Just doing what they do to make a Baht.
    Sure sure, another likely story!.... you should get DP to show you round some of his haunts! 555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Sure sure, another likely story!.... you should get DP to show you round some of his haunts! 555
    I keep seeing DP name come up when ever a LB is mentioned. I love to know the history behind this????

I keep seeing DP name come up when ever a LB is mentioned. I love to know the history behind this????
    This was one of the threads he started that got the suspicions pricked! http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...0.htm#post6131

Ok There is something about DP even the name DP makes the mind wonder.5555555555
    Last edited by jontymate; 29th July 2011 at 14:01.

Can any one see the picture I tried to post. I need a lesson on how to post a picture from Picasa.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Hi JM,
    No I can't see it, and I can't help you with Picasa, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast