Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arliss Michaels

Thread: Melbourne to Bangkok direct

Foundation Member Cadet Gold

Melbourne to Bangkok direct

It seems that Thai is the only airline that flys direct to BKK. Anyone know if this is correct?
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Jetstar fly direct... I normally use Jetstar but my last trip (current ) Thai Air was cheaper... and if Jetstar fly direct I guess Qantas do too!

Thanks PBB. Just had another look and appears that J* only flies direct on Sundays and Tuesdays.

I thought it was Tues + Thurs... maybe Thurs from BKK!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I am a big fan of Jetstar after my last direct Melb to BKK flight last trip. No one woke me up to ask if i wanted breakfast . I honestly would fly Jetstar over Thai Airways any day. The issue is no one flys direct to Phuket (well other then Stractegic but not counting them after all there issues), I know Most of my future trips will be via BKK any way so doesn't really effect me now.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I am a big fan of Jetstar after my last direct Melb to BKK flight last trip. No one woke me up to ask if i wanted breakfast . I honestly would fly Jetstar over Thai Airways any day. The issue is no one flys direct to Phuket (well other then Stractegic but not counting them after all there issues), I know Most of my future trips will be via BKK any way so doesn't really effect me now.
    One advantage of living in WA, that Pacific (Virgin) Blue still direct to Phuket. May cost a little more but worth it for the convenience.

One disadavantage of living in WA, having to put up with all those Fcukwit WCE supporters 555.
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    One disadavantage of living in WA, having to put up with all those Fcukwit WCE supporters 555.
    Don't you mean the Budgy followers?? 5555

Do Thai Airways have sales directly on their website? It seems that the price via their website is consistently $200 to $400 dearer than via webjet, travel, etc.

Did you try wego? (the link at the top of the forum in green)
    I have heard that Thai Airways rarely have a sale, but the likes of Flightcentre and STA travel get regular specials with them....
    seriously an overrated airline IMO.. the only thing I liked about it was the time it flew 11pm MEL to 5:30am BKK...
    best going with Jetstar IMO!
    When are you planning to fly? can keep an eye out for specials if you like!

Have been using wego also...about $1,100 at the moment.

I prefer the day flights and direct. Jetstart timing doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Hope to fly next month.

school holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Have been using wego also...about $1,100 at the moment.

I prefer the day flights and direct. Jetstart timing doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Hope to fly next month.
    Good to hear you are heading back. If you are there in October myself and and think a couple others are going