Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Changone

Thread: Strategic Airlines

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

Strategic Airlines

http://www.flystrategic.com.au/
    These guys have taken over the routes that Virgin Blue gave up.....
    they are a full service Airline meaning meals, luggage and entertainment are supplied for the price of a low cost airline.... it is a direct flight from either Melbourne or Brisbane to Phuket for $299 one way

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Prices are nice mate Brisbane to Phuket cheap as.
    Will be interest in what you think.

I will be interested too as It will be the GF point of view, she's flying solo and not really keen on the idea.... she's flown the last 2 times with me and we got the standard 3rd degree by immigration at Melbourne airport.... she's a little worried they will give her a hard time ...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I will be interested too as It will be the GF point of view, she's flying solo and not really keen on the idea.... she's flown the last 2 times with me and we got the standard 3rd degree by immigration at Melbourne airport.... she's a little worried they will give her a hard time ...
    Sometimes new things are a little scary for TG's they never really seem to like travelling alone.
    Once she has done it once by herself she will be fine.
    Interesting point i asked Mrs W how many members of her family have ever been in a plane.....not one.
    I am happy Mrs W has no fear of flying just a unreasonably large fear of storms.5555

Our last trip out of BKK there was a huge lightning storm.... suvarnaboom was lighting up like a christmas tree.... there was a few unhappy TG's reluctant to board the plane..

Just looked at price comparison Strategic will be cheaper than Air Asia when you add the extra's you need to add with air asia.
    I read that right all drink complimentary on international flight ..seems quite cheap.
    Convenience wise wonder what is easier? fly BKK to KL to GC or BKK to Phuket to BRIS 50/50 i think.
    Am looking forward to hearing about how it goes.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Strategic not flying out of Perth (yet!), see Pacific/Virgin Blue have whacked on Luggage Fees from December 9 $30 each-way, luckily I booked a week before that date and don't have to pay it - this time. There prices starting to climb with that, may have to look around for the next trip at a better deal.

http://www.flypacificblue.com/Person...gage/index.htm
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Strategic are awsume in their prices, fly T'ville to Bali for $199 each way. AA bali to Bkk is more, $ 375 return.

Anyone know who else is cheap Bali to Bkk or Philli's?

Doing some research today thinking i might be booking tickets soon fingers crossed..

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Strategic are awsume in their prices, fly T'ville to Bali for $199 each way. AA bali to Bkk is more, $ 375 return.

Anyone know who else is cheap Bali to Bkk or Philli's?
    Strategic is cheapest if the flights ara available on dates required other wise i cant find anything cheaper than Air asia mate.

Flights have gone up HKT-MEL $415

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Strategic is cheapest if the flights ara available on dates required other wise i cant find anything cheaper than Air asia mate.

Yes W if your in a place that has AA. it is the cheaper.

My problem, here in T'ville is I have to fly to GC the day before, stay over night because they leave so early.

So there is $250 extra airfares and the cost of hire car/taxis and motel.

Yes PBB same here, the fares are up unless your booking a longway ahead. $299 and $399 now.

There has been talk that they are looking to include other destinations from here, so hopfully they may fly to BKK or HKT direct.

Strategic Airlines
    WINTER WARMER SALE STARTS 9AM MONDAY!! Brisbane - Phuket or Bali from $309*. Melbourne - Phuket from $329*. Perth - Bali from $199*. Prices are one-way and include taxes. Conditions apply. Call 135 320 or book online at Fly Strategic > Home or visit your local travel agent.

'Ropable' Aussie Passengers Trapped on Phuket - Again!

Seems like Strategic may not be a reliable choice ....

'Ropable' Aussie Passengers Trapped on Phuket - Again! - Phuket Wan
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Not so Strategic now!
    Sad maybe they are in trouble already?

I've been getting alerts all morning on my FB page

VC535 Townsville to Brisbane (Operating as normal)
    VC202 Bali to Perth (Operating as normal)
    VC226 Brisbane to Bali (To Be Advised) Aircraft Change Pending
    VC227 Bali to Brisbane (To Be Advised) Aircraft Change Pending
    VC247 Phuket to Brisbane (TBA) Awaiting Engineering

Our aircraft is currently awaiting parts which are currently enroute. We will have a further update from our engineers shortly. Safety First is our first priority and we completely understand that our customers affected would like to get to their destinations. We are working very hard to make this happen.
    All customers on affected flights are asked to remain in their accommodation and await further updates...........

I did read on another forum some time back that a maintenance staff said that they were cutting corners on their maintenance program!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    After a flying start, Strategic seem to have come back down to earth.

With only one plane flying from Australia to Phuket already needing "Repairs".
    They probably struck it lucky with the Volcano Ash crisis not having planes in the air..555

Seems like these "Low cost carriers" are a little like the banks and are

"Sponsored"

Jetstar - Qantas in disguise
    Tiger - Singapore Airlines in disguise
    Nok Air - Thai Airways in disguise

and "Non-Sponsored"

Malaysian Entrepreneur Tony Fernandes has
    Air Asia
    (Which he started with two old planes, and friends in high places right after 9/11)
    They have strong tie ups all over SEA and rumour has it that Virgin's Richard Branson will soon be acquiring a stake

They a formidable opponent for

Strategic Airlines

But just who are "Strategic" and what do they do?
    Part of a marriage between a former freight carrier and Paul Stoddart's failed Ozjet
    They started out in 2008 saying,

“Our new airline will be a full charter airline that will also offer leasing options to airline operators around
    the world".

Then by November 2010 it was,

"$299* one-way Brisbane-Phuket “Thai-riffic Fares!”
    as Strategic Airlines takes off for Thailand!"

Now history tells us that Ozjet was going to storm the domestic business travel market and steal a 10% market share from Qantas by offering "business class" at half the price.

One of their big issues then was;

The question mark with regard to the size of the fleet and therefore the problem it would have with flexibility.

Strategic have now got six planes in total, and only one on the Brisbane to Phuket route and the strain is already starting to show with the first batch of disgruntled stranded passengers and no fall back plan.

They have ordered another six planes, so lets hope they last long enough to get them all into service.

I'm getting a bit deja vu here.

wabbits likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Good summation there C1, it appears hard to break into the market especially with no back up or back up plan. Whilst the low cutters cannot get into the ball game the others can add on little bits here and there and we have no choice but to pay.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

^^All they need now is a down turn and a fuel hike.............................................. .... . . . . . . . .

Strategic Airline is changing to Air Australia, I have heard that they will no longer be a full service airline but more like Jetstar where you pay for your inclusions.. luggage, food, entertainment, etc...
    They are having a goodbye sale which is worth a look...
    Strategic Airlines
    FARE-WELL STRATEGIC SALE!!

Say "fare-well" to Strategic Airlines and "G'day" to Air Australia with these good-buy fares:

Brisbane - Bali: Economy from $249* & Business from $649*
    Brisbane - Phuket: Economy from $329* & Business from $729*
    Melbourne - Phuket: Economy from $329* & Business from $729*
    Brisbane - Honolulu: Economy from $349* & Business from $749*
    Melbourne - Honolulu: Economy from $349* & Business from $749*
    Perth - Derby: Economy from $199*

To book or for more information, visit Fly Strategic > Home

*Subject to availability on selected flights only. Terms and conditions apply. Honolulu services commence 14th Dec 2011 and are subject to regulatory approval. On sale until 21 Nov 2011 or until sold out. Perth - Derby sale is valid for travel on Fridays only.