Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: On 8 on 8

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

On 8 on 8

Been looking and for location to food entertainment and just general good spot Soi 8 Suk seems to be the choice this time.

Anyone stayed here .....[SIZE=3]On 8[/SIZE] Looks good.

Looks comfy, price ok ... might check it out in 2 weeks time as very close to NZ Embassy, flood dependent....

Looked at Heaven on Soi 4 not bad deal, Citrus and the Davis all real nice but i like the look of On 8 let us know if you stay there.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Accommodation on Sukhumvit in Central Bangkok

This place is older but cheaper - probably quieter - has a pool - is on the same soi - and full of fellow mongers - and has never used the words "hip" or "chic" in its adverts....

(P.s Ah.. Soi 8 ... is there still a BJ bar in the left hand side soi about 50m from Suk? ....Lolitas wasn't it?)
    Life is the unexpected ...

Have a look at that when i get home blocked at work..How rude.
    I like thoughs funky hotels though i would not put the Davis in the catagory.
    Having a pool would be an advantage.
    Heaven was somewhere we stopped for a drink last stay when doing the trek back to Crappyburi, San miguel 65 bt every third drink free.....Happy.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I just checked the On8 for the same day I booked the President Palace for. Same quality room for almost identical price. However, the President Palace is not chic, avante-garde, trendy or hip like the On8.

Even the name "On8" is trendy, hip, chic and avante-garde!! Whereas calling your hotel "President Palace" is so old-school it makes you want to cry!!

*tongue firmly imbedded in cheek*

On a more serious note, On8 is ranked 55th out of 644 hotels in Bangkok, and that is not too shabby.

President Palace, btw, is ranked #38, and the S Sukhumvit Suites, where I usually stay, is ranked #48. All are in the same price range, and all have great location.

Just looked them up .... Heaven is #101, Davis #166 and Citrus is a very respectable #45.
    Last edited by vanguy77; 26th October 2011 at 16:59. Reason: additional useless info
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Speaking of hip and happening.55555 Check this one out ****hip hip a pot om us****

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Speaking of hip and happening.55555 Check this one out ****hip hip a pot om us****
    Cool name... I could see myself coming in after a bender and trying to play a game of billiards 555

^ looked at some of the rooms and thought might make me spew with a bit of drink in me.555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Good recent reports from BM on another forum about On8.
    Have a look at Aspen suites (Soi 2) from around 1600THB per night up.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Good recent reports from BM on another forum about On8.
    Noise might be an issue - site photo shows the place is right on the corner of Soi 8 and Suk and next to the escalator leading up to Nana Skytrain (next to the Family Mart there) - so upper floors of the hotel, front rooms would be only metres from the Skytrain tracks?

The place seems to hip, chic and happening for me, daddy-oh

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Noise might be an issue - site photo shows the place is right on the corner of Soi 8 and Suk and next to the escalator leading up to Nana Skytrain (next to the Family Mart there) - so upper floors of the hotel, front rooms would be only metres from the Skytrain tracks?

The place seems to hip, chic and happening for me, daddy-oh

Enjoy.
    Don't know about you older blokes, but I tend to go to sleep well after the skytrain finishes
    wabbits likes this.

Just requested if they had rocking chairs......No Nope might be no good for Minder now that you just had your birthday.5555555
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Don't know about you older blokes, but I tend to go to sleep well after the skytrain finishes
    I don't know about you younger blokes but I tend to like to stay asleep well after the skytrain starts at 6am

[SIZE="4"](the old fella ain't deaf yet ya know!)[/SIZE]

Enjoy.

I don't know about you younger blokes but I tend to like to stay asleep well after the skytrain starts at 6am

[SIZE="4"](the old fella ain't deaf yet ya know!)[/SIZE]

Enjoy.
    Just take the batteries out of you hearing aid 55555555555
    Minder likes this.

Just requested if they had rocking chairs......
    I guess that makes a change from the gynecological chairs you usually ask about ....

I guess that makes a change from the gynecological chairs you usually ask about ....
    True.......But all in the name of science

Did find out that they cater for the elderly...

True.......But all in the name of science

Did find out that they cater for the elderly...
    Let me know if you find a zimmer mit floats ok ... Geespot will be ecstatic
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have to say I stay at President Palace in Soi 11 and will be back. I loved it thee and So did Noy the only thing I can say is that it is not a good location for Food (Thai Food). We spent a long time looking for a good Thai restaurant around the Soi1- 23 area. I asked the people who worked in the area who said There was nothing good in the area and then told me to go to some place I could not repeat if my life depended on it 555. They said the area is set up for all the Indian and Arabic Expats in the area.

I do think this area is great for the Entertainment though. I was around there on the 31st and was very quiet but no sign of floods in the main Touristy Sukhumvit area (just dont go to the Grand Palace...)

^^I agree with what you are saying G4 hence On 8 as it is a top spot for just walking out the door and having it all just there.
    Talking last night we may stay 2 nights at the Davis then 2 nights on 8.
    The nights when we will be off taxi ing it about will stay Davis then when we are walking about On 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast