Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Changone

Thread: Air Australia bust already...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Air Australia bust already...

So it seems there are people stuck in Phuket due to Australia's newest low cost airline going under.... I know I would not be complaining being stuck there 555 http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226273368748

Sure hope no BM's have booked flights with them as looks liek no refunds will be given if paid by cash...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    They were still taking bookings 2 days ago
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    What a mess, up to 100,000 tickets will not be honoured, so where did the money go?
    Good to see Quantas is doing the right thing and offering ticket's at the same cost to get people home, and then they can get reimbursed by credit card coverage or travel insurance.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    The airline lost a big government contract last year, we're chased out of the Perth market by the Asian based airlines, and as of late December 2011 travel insurers were saying they wouldn't cover airlines that went insolvent. This one looks like it will get messy.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    The airline lost a big government contract last year, we're chased out of the Perth market by the Asian based airlines, and as of late December 2011 travel insurers were saying they wouldn't cover airlines that went insolvent. This one looks like it will get messy.
    They used to do a lot of work for the Defence forces didn't they? They have had terrible perfomances at a passenger carrier. Every time I am at the airport they have delays on their flights... I have not heard many good stories about them either. I just like the idea of having more low cost Airlines to keep the other cheaper... I wish Virgin did not stop flying to Phkuket from Melb.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    What a mess, up to 100,000 tickets will not be honoured, so where did the money go?
    Good to see Quantas is doing the right thing and offering ticket's at the same cost to get people home, and then they can get reimbursed by credit card coverage or travel insurance.
    Read elsewhere that reported that some insurance companies would not insure against this aiirline on tickets. If that is not a calm before the storm hint.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The Flight Centre told me 3 weeks ago that they would deal with any other low cost airline except them.... even though they dont have AA on their books you can still book flights and pay for them with The Flight Centre
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The Flight Centre told me 3 weeks ago that they would deal with any other low cost airline except them.... even though they dont have AA on their books you can still book flights and pay for them with The Flight Centre
    There was a lot of finger pointing between flight centre, australian airlines, and the insurers late last year over not paying out when an airline goes bust. With 4,000 stranded and all paying for flights home, their is certain to be a $hitstorm in the making.
    wabbits likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?