Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hotels not to stay at

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Hotels not to stay at

There are a few thread of Hotels that are recommended to stay at but not ones that should be avoided.

Nipa Resort (Patong) - On my last trip we had a terrible experience at a hotel that we had stayed at in the past. In Patong we stayed at Nipa Resort, this was to be our 3rd stay at the hotel. The first 2 experiences were great and as we had made a few friends there we were to return to this hotel once again. I had been in contact with one person of whom we have come to consider family when in Thailand and were given an upgrade from superior room to Deluxe. But from there is had gone bad.
    Every morning between 0600 and 0730 you would hear very loud (Thai) talking, which woke us up. The cleaners we talking (more like yelling) at eachother from one side of the hotel to the other. The rooms were clearly not sound proof at all and the cleaners had no respect for any of the guests. We would also recieve phone calls from reception early morning (on 3 occassions) where they had dialed the wrong number.

The food at the hotel restuarant was very bad, Noy and myself were both sick after eating there each time, so we stopped eating there all together (including the breakfast we paid extra for) Most of the staff we very rude and would not even treat Noy like a human. There is no wifi in the rooms, you must gather in the lobby to use wifi. Also found that most of the guests at this hotel were Russian's, who did not speak English or Thai and there were no Russian speaking staff at the hotel. Personally (from experience) the Russian guests are rude, look down upon you and make it uncomfortable to use the hotel features.

One 2 occassions things went missing from our room. One day a beer was missing from the bar fridge and another day a Teddy bear i had brought Noy went missing. We reported the missing Teddy Bear to Reception who told us they would look for it. There were signs everywhere saying if anythign went missing from your room it was the cleaning responsibility and reception was to be contacted. The next day we went back to reception to see what the outcome was and Noy was told that it could nto be found "it is gone now". Noy quoted the signs from around the hotel and expressed her sadness. The staff then got angry and were very rude towards Noy. Noy then raised her voice as The staff just did not care. after 5 minutes of arguing one staff memeber made a call and all of a sudden the Teddy bear was foudn but we could nto get it back for 2 days... When we did eventually get it back it smelt as if it was used by another person.

In conclusion we will never return here again and do not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a shame as it used to be a great hotel, but new staff have replaced old staff and attitude has changed totally.

I'm always suspicious when my teddy goes missing...

I have always been lucky in hotels... and I have probably stayed in hundreds during my life time. I can't think of one bad experience... I guess I am overdue. Even the worst hotel I have stayed in ever (Woraburi Hotel Suk Soi 4 Bangkok) wasn't that bad. Just better ones around... I remember at one hotel last year there was blood and crap on my sheets, but they swapped them when I asked... so no worries. Though they couldn't get the blood off the walls. But then I forgot about it.

In Romania I stayed in a place which was just like a hotel out of the film "Hostel". Dirty sheets, dirty towels, no hot water... and no English TV. Strange screams at night etc. And when I used to leave my room these stray dogs were waiting outside. A few tried to attack me... but a few well aimed kicks and they moped away...

But once you accept it for what it is, I found it sort of cool and exciting...

I am certain to find my next hotel is awful... as I am well overdue...
    Last edited by Quarky; 8th May 2012 at 21:26. Reason: alzheimers
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Had 3 now in LOS.... first was in Phuket The Baumanburi Hotel, it was cheap and the common areas were well presented... It was the guy jackhammering outside my window at 8:30pm that put me off.....

The second was the I Residence Hotel in BKK (I think it was Silom), I had booked over the internet and had organised for Thip to meet me there.... I had sent Thip an email of the hotel location which stated that it was in Sathorn, when she got there, there was no record of my booking, after producing the booking number they realised that it was the I residence in Silom that I had booked at..... After getting there myself It was far from the Hotel that I had seen on the internet and I was far from happy, I'm not a fussy customer but when I found the Yabba pipe in the cupboard I cancelled the remaining 2 nights that I had booked....

The 3rd was the BS Residence near swampy, this hotel came highly recommended from a member on a FB page.... I was told to mention the FB page for a discount... On arrival (no prior booking) we were met at the reception by 2 young girls who had their heads down in their phones texting away... they looked up to welcome us but the phones never left their hands... I told them about the FB site and that the owner of the hotel had mentioned a discount for all members, we were told that no discount was available or even an upgrade... We then made our way to the room and the first thing I did was jump in the shower which flooded, after getting out I realised that they hadn't supplied towels, I got Thip to call through to the reception and she was told that she was welcome to come to the reception to pick them up!.... Breakfast the next morning, we were the only ones in the dinning room so the staff members decided that it was OK to sit around and eat the food and watch the TV... just lacked professionalism for the rating of the hotel.
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 9th May 2012 at 12:08.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Even the worst hotel I have stayed in ever (Woraburi Hotel Suk Soi 4 Bangkok) wasn't that bad. Just better ones around...
    Comes highly recommended by Wooders!

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    He'll sleep anywhere that lad... 555

I think it may have been refurbished since I was there 3 years ago...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    There are a few thread of Hotels that are recommended to stay at but not ones that should be avoided.

Nipa Resort (Patong) - Most of the staff we very rude and would not even treat Noy like a human.
    G4 not happy to hear this, what was the reasoning in your opinion, and did you speak up on this matter with either the staff or Management.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    G4 not happy to hear this, what was the reasoning in your opinion, and did you speak up on this matter with either the staff or Management.
    They just seems to treat every girl like a bar girl and from what I have seen in Patong the Bar Girls dont get treated very well by "non Bar girls". I told my friends who worked there who passed on the message to the owner. I also sent an email stating our experience and as i booked with Agoda I left bad feedback about the hotel.

Things have changed a lot in Patong since I have last been there. It was hard to find a place where Noy was treated like a human. I was even very surprised that when I got to MTB that the staff would not even talk to her or her friends that were with us, they were still paying customers...

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The second was the I Heritage Hotel in BKK (I think it was Silom), I had booked over the internet and had organised for Thip to meet me there.... I had sent Thip an email of the hotel location which stated that it was in Sathorn, when she got there, there was no record of my booking, after producing the booking number they realised that it was the I residence in Silom that I had booked at..... After getting there myself It was far from the Hotel that I had seen on the internet and I was far from happy, I'm not a fussy customer but when I found the Yabba pipe in the cupboard I cancelled the remaining 2 nights that I had booked....
    I stayed here on the last 2 nights of my trip and have to say the hotel was not too bad (other then the ants everywhere), it was just a shame the location had nothing to offer.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Distantpeak
    Even the worst hotel I have stayed in ever (Woraburi Hotel Suk Soi 4 Bangkok) wasn't that bad. Just better ones around...

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    I am with Distantpeak on this one - worst hotel I have stayed at in LOS - lousy location -so so hotel - never again - but not that bad, just much better and better located to be had for the price ...

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    The lack of respect for your wife/GF is an ongoing thing at a few places not just hotels in LOS erkks me a little.

Reception that can't takes her eyes off Thai Lacon or that new Iphone that keeps going off......Complain will make very little difference.

The answer is to go elsewhere.

Waraburi AHHHHHHHH never again service bad room just ok, Heavan@soi4 about the same no windows flooding shower. APK resort and spa same same.

What did they all have in common about the same price point!!!
    1300 to 1700 bt!
    When you shift into the mid 2200 to 2700bt a night things change.

Citrus 2200bt a night, loved it good room, breaky great, service very good....Go figure..

There are so many hotels in Thailand so why settle for second best... You are on holiday so you want a good experience.

I am with Wabbs though when he says Citrus on Soi 22 is a great place to stay. Good, Staff, good food, nice hotel and great location IMO

Welcome back BTW G with you on that Citrus will be a no brainer for me when in BKK will just stay there.
    All into saving money but i still want to have a good room and 70.00 Oz is a cheap room in my book.
    Try getting a room in Perth i paid 180.00 for a 500bt room comparison in LOS.
    Mrs W looked at the room and went Mai Koh Jai 180.00??
    I explained was cheaper to get room in city than taxi to city then home...Now that is sad.55555

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I stayed here on the last 2 nights of my trip and have to say the hotel was not too bad (other then the ants everywhere), it was just a shame the location had nothing to offer.
    Made a mistake G4.... The hotel was I Residence which is right next to The Heritage... I too have stayed at the Heritage a few times as it is close to the BTS... No complaints what so ever!

Made a mistake G4.... The hotel was I Residence which is right next to The Heritage... I too have stayed at the Heritage a few times as it is close to the BTS... No complaints what so ever!
    Heritage Hotel is close to BTS and Thai CC which is why I stayed there but I could not see myself there for any other reason.. One this that did shock me was the house around the corner from it with the Ferrari, Porsche and 3 BWM sports cars. I later found out that that you have to have a lot of money to live in that area (I honestly could not see why)

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    See PBB, if you write trip reports when fresh in your mind, you don't make mistakes like this 555
    wabbits likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I stayed in the Marriott Pattaya once, just to see how the other half live. Oh boy, now I know. What a difference. Pity they don't do those massive discounts for Thai nationals anymore.
    I will be checking out the Citrus next time in BKK so maybe they better be put on notice why their sales are going up next year?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Thai Laos Riverside Hotel - Nong Kai.

So bad I wrote a scathing review here > Thai Laos Riverside Hotel (Nong Khai, Thailand) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    The lack of respect for your wife/GF is an ongoing thing at a few places not just hotels in LOS erkks me a little.

Reception that can't takes her eyes off Thai Lacon or that new Iphone that keeps going off......Complain will make very little difference.

The answer is to go elsewhere.

Waraburi AHHHHHHHH never again service bad room just ok, Heavan@soi4 about the same no windows flooding shower. APK resort and spa same same.

What did they all have in common about the same price point!!!
    1300 to 1700 bt!
    When you shift into the mid 2200 to 2700bt a night things change.

Citrus 2200bt a night, loved it good room, breaky great, service very good....Go figure..
    Whilst I never stay in hotels in BKK.. elsewhere I make a point straight up of handing over Dao's Aussie passport with mine having the same last names. Seems to get a differing reaction in 70 % not all though.

All after the price has been negotiated by Dao alone without my face. I just love the look when I arrive with the passports.
    Last edited by jontymate; 9th May 2012 at 16:51.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Whilst I never stay in hotels in BKK.. elsewhere I make a point straight up of handing over Dao's Aussie passport with mine having the same last names. Seems to get a differing reaction in 70 % not all though.

All after the price has been negotiated by Dao alone without my face. I just love the look when I arrive with the passports.
    A couple of years away from that point...Have noticed if there is a chance to put a TG down it is taken

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    See PBB, if you write trip reports when fresh in your mind, you don't make mistakes like this 555
    Dont start!.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast