Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Don Muang Airport

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Don Muang Airport

When in LOS I heard a rumor that soon all Budget airlines will be travelling to Don Muang only rather the Swampy. Does anyone know the truth behind this?

I have to say it is not really a bad idea. At times Swampy is very busy and Don Muang is a huge airport with no traffic going throught it. Location wise it is probably better for me

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Don muang is the military airport so I guess what happens will be down to them.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Maybe the likes of AA domestic would be ok but not international
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Transferring from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang would be troublesome... From what I understand the transfer for domestic airline to Don Muang has already occured (or is about to)
    I wonder if they will provide shuttle buses between the two airports and if so, what the travel time would be.

I wonder if there are enough overnight hotels in Don Muang airport area... Could get interesting from a business perspective....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Air Asia booking notification is 1 October when I was looking at HK and KL flights
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Air Asia booking notification is 1 October when I was looking at HK and KL flights
    Don Muang/AOT have already put on extra staff and improved some services which were lacking since commencing LCC operations at the revamped International Terminal.

AirAsia website bookings will show BAK as airport code during the transition from BKK to DMK.

Transfers to and from Suvarnabhumi will no doubt be improved although a taxi @ ~275Bt is the best option at present.

Amari Don Muang is one of very few hotels adjacent DMK if you must stay overnight, between flights. It's an older property with good facilities and not expensive if booked direct, online.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    My AA flight from Phnom Penh for Nov. 26, originally booked to fly into Phnom Penh, will not land at Don Mueang. I received an email will all new boarding pass information. AA has moved all their operations to Don Mueang, so the same is true of my return AA flight to Phnom Penh in December ... leaving from Don Mueang, rather then BKK.

Ironically, my domestic flight to Chiang Mai is with Bangkok Airways, and they continue to operate out of BKK. So fly in to Don Mueang on the 26, and leave from BKK on the 27. Fortunately, I build in the one day stay in Bangkok coming and going, so do not have to worry about a direct transfer from one airport to the other.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Why did you book Bangkok Airways, VG?

I've always used Nok Air, out of DMK, very very good airline/service/prices and very easy to match up flights with AirAsia after Oct 1.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Why did you book Bangkok Airways, VG?

I've always used Nok Air, out of DMK, very very good airline/service/prices and very easy to match up flights with AirAsia after Oct 1.
    Well I booked the flights prior to AA's switch to DMK, so that was not a consideration. Price of the Bangkok Airways flight was very similar to Nok, and the flight times worked out a little better for me. I've flown them a couple of times in the past, and had nothing but good experiences with them. Always wanted to fly Nok at some point, tho, as I love the color schemes on their fleet.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Well I booked the flights prior to AA's switch to DMK, so that was not a consideration. Price of the Bangkok Airways flight was very similar to Nok, and the flight times worked out a little better for me. I've flown them a couple of times in the past, and had nothing but good experiences with them. Always wanted to fly Nok at some point, tho, as I love the color schemes on their fleet.
    mmmmh .... you LIKE the colour schemes? ## 5555

Must admit, Nok (bird's) look beautiful in flight ... BUT, the staff are what makes it a truly enjoyable experience ...

... and they have a very catchy signature tune played over the PA system ...
    Cheers, Rob.

Domestic > International transfers at DMK

Domestic > International transfers at DMK are so quick and easy... a matter of 5 minutes walk from domestic Arrivals to International Departures.

The Int. terminal has been fully re-decorated and is very efficient in all respects ... a far cry from the 'cattle-auction and stampede' days at Suvarnabhumi.

We transited from Nok Air arrivals to AirAsia departure gate without queuing once! Food and Duty Free shops inside (after Immigration) are good, and include Maccas, Subway, and a PeriPeri chicken outlet.
    Cheers, Rob.

Domestic > International transfers at DMK are so quick and easy... a matter of 5 minutes walk from domestic Arrivals to International Departures.

The Int. terminal has been fully re-decorated and is very efficient in all respects ... a far cry from the 'cattle-auction and stampede' days at Suvarnabhumi.

We transited from Nok Air arrivals to AirAsia departure gate without queuing once! Food and Duty Free shops inside (after Immigration) are good, and include Maccas, Subway, and a PeriPeri chicken outlet.
    Very nice to hear Rob, as I'll be lading there is about three weeks on AA from Cambo. Staying the night in a hotel in BKK tho before taking flight to CM the next day, just didn't want to tempt fate.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Returning via AA into DMK was so much simpler than Suvarnabhumi, less walking distance, faster (virtually no waiting) immigration process, and within 10 mins of deplaning we had plucked baggage off the carousel.... unbelievable, but true!

We'd booked online for one night at Amari @ 1500 Bt. One may walk across via the skybridge and use elevator/escalator if carrying bags, or call for a hotel porter. 20 mins after deplaning we were in our room!

I bought street food for brekky. 500m down the road and opposite a 7-11, there's a busy train station and loads of food vendors. The moo bing is superb! Amari do a buffet breakfast for 150 Bt which is well patronised by guests and coach tourists... a noisy restaurant at times.

Back across the sky bridge and up to 3rd floor in the elevator, one comes out into DMK at NokAir departures. AirAsia is 30m away. Knowing we were ~ 7kg over-weight I bought into their FF club @ 200 Bt each which immediately gave us +5kg extra allowance... cheaper than excess baggage fees and 2 years member entitlements.

Departing DMK domestic is a breeze. Shops and cafe's in departure gate precinct are new, clean and have quality food/drink and giftware items. Plus NokAir pax have access to free wi-fi.

We are very impressed with DMK LCCT terminal. AOT have done a fine job!
    Arliss Michaels likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Returning via AA into DMK was so much simpler than Suvarnabhumi, less walking distance, faster (virtually no waiting) immigration process, and within 10 mins of deplaning we had plucked baggage off the carousel.... unbelievable, but true!

We'd booked online for one night at Amari @ 1500 Bt. One may walk across via the skybridge and use elevator/escalator if carrying bags, or call for a hotel porter. 20 mins after deplaning we were in our room!

I bought street food for brekky. 500m down the road and opposite a 7-11, there's a busy train station and loads of food vendors. The moo bing is superb! Amari do a buffet breakfast for 150 Bt which is well patronised by guests and coach tourists... a noisy restaurant at times.

Back across the sky bridge and up to 3rd floor in the elevator, one comes out into DMK at NokAir departures. AirAsia is 30m away. Knowing we were ~ 7kg over-weight I bought into their FF club @ 200 Bt each which immediately gave us +5kg extra allowance... cheaper than excess baggage fees and 2 years member entitlements.

Departing DMK domestic is a breeze. Shops and cafe's in departure gate precinct are new, clean and have quality food/drink and giftware items. Plus NokAir pax have access to free wi-fi.

We are very impressed with DMK LCCT terminal. AOT have done a fine job!
    Some great info there KR, and though no Airport Link (yet), DM sounds as though it is running along smoothly and has benefits (just as long as BKK does not flood 555). Will be flying Nok Air one day, based on your great wrap for them.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Some great info there KR, and though no Airport Link (yet), DM sounds as though it is running along smoothly and has benefits (just as long as BKK does not flood 555). Will be flying Nok Air one day, based on your great wrap for them.
    I was thinking the same thing..... I wonder if flights will be cancelled or relocated to Swampy.....
    Spot likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    We used Nok Air from Swampy to Surat, easy.

I am wonderring about the connection between Swampy and DMK, S not a seasoned air traveller and it is all new so any tips before Jan 6 appreciated.. Khup
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post

I am wonderring about the connection between Swampy and DMK, S not a seasoned air traveller and it is all new so any tips before Jan 6 appreciated.. Khup
    taxi.........

Yep, TAXI @ ~ 300Bt.

I meant to look at transfer options listed on DMK's info desk but was distracted by the absolutely gorgeous babes in NokAir sales!

NB: Rug up for arrival, especially DMK's ground floor area, the a/c is ~22c .... freezing! Jo says it's always been that way 555
    Spot likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

You can get a flight apparently!....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

My last trip 1yr ago, there was a mini bus service we took from DMK to Swampy, need to have alot of time between flights as they sit and wait till the bus is over full 5555
    I am assuming there is a return service.Can't remember the price, wasn't much.

We flew Nock Air as well, they seem good.

Maybe email Swampy for comute details.
    Spot likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast