Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cheap Flights EAST COAST to BKK

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

What a crap site.... wants sign-up or page doesn't load! Looks like Qantas $799 return... assume from Syd/Bne?

I know Scoot sells AA OOL to BKK via KUL but which airline does Scoot sell on BNE > SIN > BKK route?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    What a crap site.... wants sign-up or page doesn't load! Looks like Qantas $799 return... assume from Syd/Bne?

I know Scoot sells AA OOL to BKK via KUL but which airline does Scoot sell on BNE > SIN > BKK route?
    Oh bugger I signed up and get the emails same from Thai and Airasia. Yep $799 return with off peak dates variable up until December. It was Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Cheers Rob
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

No worries Spot.... we got 2 x BKK > OOL > BKK for AUD$950'ish for Nov anyway. Always handy to keep a breast of specials.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I'm getting about 679.00 return Perth to BKK Jetstar via Changi end of Nov...Not unhappy going through there.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Scoot are advertising OOL- BKK (via SIN) for $198

Link to Member's Sale

Scoot.jpg
    Last edited by Norabunga; 13th June 2012 at 16:06. Reason: spelling

No worries Spot.... we got 2 x BKK > OOL > BKK for AUD$950'ish for Nov anyway. Always handy to keep a breast of specials.
    OOL? Thats a new one for me? Coolangatta?

Yup. OOL is the iata code for Coolangatta airport.

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    OOL? Thats a new one for me? Coolangatta?
    Yes and a pain to get to from Brisbane airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    Yes and a pain to get to from Brisbane airport.
    I usually rent a car. Doesn't cost a lot and makes it much less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    I usually rent a car. Doesn't cost a lot and makes it much less painful.
    Some more info, pease

Not sure what info you want. I just hire a car from one of the majors. (Budget, Avis etc). There's no re-location charge between BNE <> OOL so just costs one day rent. Last time I booked a cheapy fom OOL - BNE (Hyundai Getz iirc) and ended up being given a Holden Statesman. I think sometimes they just give you whatever they have that needs re-locating.

I've signed up because Scoot is Singapore Airlines ... yippee! SIA were once THE top airline and I think their entry into LCC market bodes well for SEAsian travel markets.

They're getting brand new B777's, my favourite aircraft, so it's looking like a win win for Oz/Thailand travel and a healthy competitor for AirAsia.

Singapore Airlines' Scoot takes off | Stuff.co.nz
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    Not sure what info you want. I just hire a car from one of the majors. (Budget, Avis etc). There's no re-location charge between BNE <> OOL so just costs one day rent. Last time I booked a cheapy fom OOL - BNE (Hyundai Getz iirc) and ended up being given a Holden Statesman. I think sometimes they just give you whatever they have that needs re-locating.
    Best and cheapest way Nora, for sure. 1 hour door to door and costs, what, ~ 1/4 of a taxi fare? Even the train/bus/shuttle options are a PITA, slow and frigging expensive!
    Cheers, Rob.

Best and cheapest way Nora, for sure. 1 hour door to door and costs, what, ~ 1/4 of a taxi fare? Even the train/bus/shuttle options are a PITA, slow and frigging expensive!
    Guys
    Sorry if I sound like a dumbass but I know more about Dunnydo than Brisbane. The AA flight leaves about 8.30am and from Mackay I will have to fly down evening before and get some accomadation in Gold Coast near airport. I don't even know where airport is, can't beleieve there is no train to the Gold Coast.
    Just trying to get the plan underway.....

The closest suburb to the airport terminal is North Kirra.
    The Airport Motel is just across the car park from the terminal (walking distance).

Gold Coast Airport Motel

I'm not recommending it. I've never stayed there. I have family I can stay with half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast
    Just letting you know that's the closest place to the airport.

Cilla there is a train to the gold coast and you should be able to take the train from Bris airport to Roma st and grab the train to the gold coast then bus down to Coolangatta. In fact I think they may have put a Brisbane gold coast train in direct from the airport. Either that or get a Coolangatta shuttle bus from Roma st. The bus terminal is above the train station.

It is easy and cheap once you know how, ie do it the first time and its all easy and stress free. The Visitor info centre at Roma st used to have very helpful people there..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Cilla, there is a train that goes from the airport to Robina cost $14??? It does a lot of stops on the way so it takes 2hrs??
    You then have to get from Robina to the airport, taxi would be $30?? or more.

All the motel's around the airport, walking distance is a long walk, are very old, have timber floor and paper thin walls. I wouldn't stay in any of them. Also you are then stuck there without transport and there isn't much to do, the Nth Kirra surf club is ok and has quality food.

I agree with Rob, hire a car for a day then you can stay in Coolangatta or Tweed Heads at whatever level of accomodation you want. It will also let you see the area as your mobile.
    If you haven't been there, Greenmount Point, at the Eastern end of Coolangatta has a parking spot and viewing lookout with the best view of the Gold Coast, on a clear day you can see all the way to Stradbroke Is.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Scoot Airlines have arrived at Coolangatta.

Check out the name on the plane.

Barry! - FFS.

Barry Boeing.jpg

Barry !!! How gay.
    Cheers, Rob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast