The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Airlines that fly to Thailand and local carriers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Air Asia have now changed flight times from KL to Chiang mai. Now the conecting times dont line up for my perth - KL - CNX Flights and they dont do the fly through service

Looks like my Air Asia days are over, Need to go with Thai air

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Air Asia have now changed flight times from KL to Chiang mai. Now the conecting times dont line up for my perth - KL - CNX Flights and they dont do the fly through service

Looks like my Air Asia days are over, Need to go with Thai air
    That's a bummer. TG's 787's aren't as comfortable as AAX's A330's and the food (ex BKK) is crap.

I checked for CNX - OOL and the AA scheduling has reversed to a 5hr layover going down, 2hrs coming back so that will allow me to fly SIA down and AAX back.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Air Asia had cheap fares to NZ (Auckland only) last month for various dates over next few months, NZ $583, but as is often the case, lengthy flight times - saw 32 hours and two stopovers, fly Bangkok to KL and Gold Coast Australia then Auckland ... then, for me, additional domestic fares Auckland to Wellington return (crazy, can be up to $712 return at short notice)

Flying from/to Don Mueang doesn't suit me, Suvarnabhumi is on our SE side of Bangkok cuts down travel time

Best option for me remains the Qantas Emirates flights, Qantas Wellington to Sydney, Emirates Sydney Bangkok, less than 2hr stopover.

A 24hr online sale last month had these flights at NZ $749 return, a bargain as flight times suit me better than other airlines.

Be different if I wanted Auckland as there's more options, Thai fly direct, also Malaysia Airlines I've used at times via KL
    Last edited by Hatari; 7th August 2018 at 10:34.
    こんな天気の良い日はサイクリングがいいですねぇ

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Qantas is a 22.5hr flight for me, Perth - Sydney - Bangkok - Chiang mai.

Thai air is still cheaper than Singapore air so guess I just need to spend the extra over AA. Not sure to book now at $880 on the morning flight or wait see if a sale comes up in the next month or so.
    The day before is only $730 but it leaves Perth at 4.30pm so I fly night time. I rather fly day time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234