The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Airlines that fly to Thailand and local carriers

The artist formally known as Wabbits wabbits's Avatar

Airlines that fly to Thailand and local carriers

Here is a list of Airlines that fly internationally to Thailand.
    I am forever scouting for them on the net lets have them in one place.
    Feel free to let us know who you use and your experience

Tiger Airways

Air Asia

Etihad

Thai Air

Emirates

Singapore Airlines

Virgin Blue

Malaysia Airlines

Strategic Air

Brunei Air

Qantas

Cathay Pacific

Jet Star

British Airways

Lufthansa

Philippine airlines

Thai Local

Nok Air

Bangkok Air

Orient Thai Thanks G4orce

[SIZE="4"]Now if anyone can show me a comparison site that finds available flights for you at a better rate than going direct to airline sites. Please let us know as i have not found any over the time i have need flying so open to being proved wrong[/SIZE].

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Just to add to the Thai Local list

Orient Thai - Not many destinations but still can be usful

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Excelent idea!!
    I have 3 or 4 on my fav's list but don't have them all. This will give me a way of checking all of them.

Thanks Guys.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Quick question: I'm planning to fly back from Chiang Mai to Bangkok at the end of my trip up north ... likely with Air Asia. Would you recommend purchasing the tickets online ahead of time, or would it be just as easy to buy them when i get to Chiang Mai? This will be for August 6, so it will be low season.

I would wait as long as you can and keep checking AA website for deals, Every Friday they have specials(not sure what time in Canada), just keep an eye out for the route your are flying and book it then if you can see it, That way you get a good price. I don't like the idea of booking flights just before taking them as most of the time the more expensive ones are the only ones available. Specials happen regularly with AA

I noticed when I went to purchase tickets for Nui and myself, that it asks for Passport number. I am not sure if Nui has a passport, tho she does have her Thai ID card. Is that sufficient?

Also, the ticket purchase program requests that you choose a meal. Do you really need a meal from CM to BKK? Only about an hour or so isn't it? I notice that they charge extra for everything, even baggage.

Anyone ever flown Nok?
    Last edited by vanguy77; 23rd April 2011 at 20:25. Reason: forgot some stuff

Foundation Member Cadet silver Eamon2's Avatar
    I think you just ignore the passport number bit, especially if it a local flight. When I traveled inside Thai with TG all that she needed was her id card, although she also had passport.
    As for the meals again you do not have to purchase just by pass.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I noticed when I went to purchase tickets for Nui and myself, that it asks for Passport number. I am not sure if Nui has a passport, tho she does have her Thai ID card. Is that sufficient?

Also, the ticket purchase program requests that you choose a meal. Do you really need a meal from CM to BKK? Only about an hour or so isn't it? I notice that they charge extra for everything, even baggage.

Anyone ever flown Nok?
    I know when I flew with AA the Passport number was optional, When checking in one one occasion Noy just handed over her ID and another time her Passport, I dont think it makes a difference for domestic they just want to check names really, Just make sure the name is the same as on her ID Card. Also with AA the meal was optional and at an extra charge although it did look like it was a must pick thing... They charge extra for everything so that the initial price looks cheaper then it actually will be. It is a low cost airline but very good from my experiences so that seems the way most operate

I have not flown with Nok Air but I think KaptainRob has and was happy with them. I think they give a free meal

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I know when I flew with AA the Passport number was optional, When checking in one one occasion Noy just handed over her ID and another time her Passport, I dont think it makes a difference for domestic they just want to check names really, Just make sure the name is the same as on her ID Card. Also with AA the meal was optional and at an extra charge although it did look like it was a must pick thing... They charge extra for everything so that the initial price looks cheaper then it actually will be. It is a low cost airline but very good from my experiences so that seems the way most operate

I have not flown with Nok Air but I think KaptainRob has and was happy with them. I think they give a free meal
    Nok Air's price comes in a bit less, and they also have one set fee for overweight bags, which is again less then AA's scale. Just wondered. Like the new Avatar there G4!

Thanks Eamon and G4, I do see now that AA's passport info is optional. Not sure why I didn't notice that the first time. I'll blame it on LOS Anticipation Fever.

Foundation Member Cadet silver Eamon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Nok Air's price comes in a bit less, and they also have one set fee for overweight bags, which is again less then AA's scale. Just wondered. Like the new Avatar there G4!

Thanks Eamon and G4, I do see now that AA's passport info is optional. Not sure why I didn't notice that the first time. I'll blame it on LOS Anticipation Fever.

I found out the hard way about the optional passport bit, waited until I had all the passport details, 3 days to be precise and the fcuking fare had gone up. Only then did I see I did not need it. LOL

Re NokAir:-

Jo and I have flown NokAir several times and their service is EXCELLENT. Prices compare favourably with AA depending on availability of NOK ECO -v- AA PROMO fares. They operate B737's and all our flights departed on time, arrived early!
    Pro: NokAir have excellent fast check-in, 20kg free luggage allowance, FREE snack and water, extensive schedule.
    Con: NokAir operate in/out of Don Muang BKK airport. Allow ~300baht for taxi between DM and Suvarnabhumi.

NB: If you snag an AA SPECIAL it will be less that the eco/promo fares although these AA specials usually have a very long lead time. I have used some, torn others up!

Tip: Remember to ask AA for Airport Tax refund(s) on on any unused tickets!
    josho likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Re NokAir:-

Jo and I have flown NokAir several times and their service is EXCELLENT. Prices compare favourably with AA depending on availability of NOK ECO -v- AA PROMO fares. They operate B737's and all our flights departed on time, arrived early!
    Pro: NokAir have excellent fast check-in, 20kg free luggage allowance, FREE snack and water, extensive schedule.
    Con: NokAir operate in/out of Don Muang BKK airport. Allow ~300baht for taxi between DM and Suvarnabhumi.

NB: If you snag an AA SPECIAL it will be less that the eco/promo fares although these AA specials usually have a very long lead time. I have used some, torn others up!

Tip: Remember to ask AA for Airport Tax refund(s) on on any unused tickets!
    Flying into Don Muang shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience, as we'll be heading straight to the hotel on Sukhumvit, so taxi will likely be the same as from BKK.

Maybe I just like the flight attendents in their promotional pictures, but I'm leaning towards Nok 555.

david j crow
    Thanks Scottie!
    Malaysia 611 return
    Emerates 880 return
    All good stuff
    Thanks for dinner loved it.

The artist formally known as Wabbits wabbits's Avatar
    Handy having the airline links in one place without the advertising bulldust.

611 is a great price David.

Will pass on your thanks and mine to Joy...beef salad with sticky rice my favourite.
    IMG_164food2.jpg

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

New Airline - local

Wanted to add this too the sticky Wabbs, but closed.

Thai Air LCC Thai Air Smile onto the scene, prices include 20kg Baggage, and in flight snack

http://www.thaismileair.com/

Flights to Phuket launched by Thai Smile Air
    Last edited by Distantpeak; 7th September 2012 at 19:31. Reason: Is this where you wanted it moved AM?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I've reopened this thread as there's no valid reason for it having been closed. [No Moderator note to that effect ... tsk tsk.]

An update is sorely needed on International carriers and Domestic also.

Eg:

We now have VietJet > VietJetAir.com - Enjoy Flying! < flying both Domestic and other Asian destinations. The fact they fly out of Suvarnabhumi makes them attractive to some travelers and fares to Phuket or Chiang Mai start at 1330 thb and 630 thb respectively.

ThaiLion > Cheap flights with Thai Lion Air | Freedom to Fly < is giving incumbents like Thai Smile, Nok Air and Air Asia a run for their money with excellent promo deals and great service. Free checked baggage included and greater seat pitch (legroom) are some of the drawcards.

AirAsia have fantastic fly-thru deals from Chiang Mai to Gold Coast (Aus) and Auckland (NZ). I just booked myself outbound for next week @ A$390, including 20kg baggage, meals and choice of seat, Chiang Mai to Gold Coast with one 3hr layover in KUL. NB: Seat pitch on the AirAsiaX leg (8hrs) is 31", better than Scoot or Jetstar.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I've found AirAsia X to be more comfortable and roomier seating than Virgin and Qantas domestic and pretty similar to Thai Air.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    I would agree with Air Asia. last month our friends got Perth to Bangkok return no baggage $340. Best deal I have seen.

A list of online booking website would be good as a pined post as well as the airlines.

I always check prices on Skyscanner, Gotogate, Airasia website. The Air asia website now does package deals with flights and accommodation. Seen some good deals on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I've found AirAsia X to be more comfortable and roomier seating than Virgin and Qantas domestic and pretty similar to Thai Air.
    I concur on the comfort level (and quality of eye candy). AAX A330 comfort sometimes better than Thai Air as the older 777's have those nasty ICE boxes under the aisle seats.

I'll return on a TG flight out of AKL as some good deals going next month ... will book a window seat.

Thai Airways upgraded their website in the last year and surprise surprise, revenue has risen by 'millions of baht' ... why? ... you can now book all the way thru with Thai or it's affiliated Thai Smile (and others being added will include Nok Air, soon).
    Cheers, Rob.

Cadet Gold
    Ozzy is right to fly from perth is cheap as where i am it cost me 900 return with singapore but the bonus is they fly direct from adelaide to singo and i just get a connecting flight to bkk ,to fly to perth i think costs about 600 from adelaide which sucks big time could have got cheaper through malaysia but they fly to k/l and i have heard its a bit of a shithole so ill stick with singapore air .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast