Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Changone
  • 1 Post By Ya Kha

Thread: Thai Airways Special - Be quick

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Thai Airways Special - Be quick

Just booked our next trip to Thailand.
    Thai Airways $883 each. Perth/BKK/HKT/BKK/Perth
    From 15th Jan - 10th Feb. Four different flights.
    Will be staying in BKK then Phuket, then Village, then Patts.
    Best value I've seen for some time, finishes midnight tonight.

wabbits likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Very tempting.
    Aiming for one before Christmas and Songkran for a first time

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    A good price for sure C1, thought I would check out todays prices with Thai Airways, Perth to Bangkok 15/1/13 return 29/1/13 is $990 , not too bad a price. Perth to Phuket same dates is $1540, how do they work them prices out ? 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    A good price for sure C1, thought I would check out todays prices with Thai Airways, Perth to Bangkok 15/1/13 return 29/1/13 is $990 , not too bad a price. Perth to Phuket same dates is $1540, how do they work them prices out ? 555
    Bugger iot it expired 31 August, now waiting for jetstar and air asia want to go around 16 / 12 return around 12/01...

Dam....
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    The best thing about the special was you could do a stopover (BKK-HKT return) without affecting the base price (Perth/BKK/Perth).
    Every time I tried that before the price went through the roof.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Getting ready to book my next trip for January 2013, Perth to Bangkok return with Thai $990(Aud) which is not bad for high season.

What has surprised me though is the Perth to Chiang Mai price, now is $1060 return which is a great price, I havent checked for a while but it was $1340 for many months. Might have to jump on this price for Chiang Mai, good value IMO

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Getting ready to book my next trip for January 2013, Perth to Bangkok return with Thai $990(Aud) which is not bad for high season.

What has surprised me though is the Perth to Chiang Mai price, now is $1060 return which is a great price, I havent checked for a while but it was $1340 for many months. Might have to jump on this price for Chiang Mai, good value IMO
    Good price... just had a quick look at Jetstar $867 without the extra's
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Good price... just had a quick look at Jetstar $867 without the extra's

The direct flight with Thai for the extra $120 for me PBB 555

C1 jumped on a good deal when he booked.

Thai International operate domestic flights* into CNX and HKT under the Thai Smile LCC umbrella to compete with AA. The bonus is you transit via BKK and if choosing carefully the time between flights can be as little as 90 mins.
    Thai Smile operate 747's 777's and A320's into CNX.
    *other destinations via NokAir, ex DMK.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Thai International operate domestic flights* into CNX and HKT under the Thai Smile LCC umbrella to compete with AA. The bonus is you transit via BKK and if choosing carefully the time between flights can be as little as 90 mins.
    Thai Smile operate 747's 777's and A320's into CNX.
    *other destinations via NokAir, ex DMK.

Already onto the changeover times thanks Rob, they do mention the flight to CM is now Thai Smile, an extra $70 for Bangkok to CM return leg, great value............

Already onto the changeover times thanks Rob, they do mention the flight to CM is now Thai Smile, an extra $70 for Bangkok to CM return leg, great value............
    Certainly is We usually fly Nok domestically as both ground and cabin staff are so pleasant but will also use Smile in preference to AA. AAX are great KUL to OOL ... no complaints there.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar

Rivo just looked mid Jan about $630 one way, are you planning later in the month ?
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Rivo just looked mid Jan about $630 one way, are you planning later in the month ?

Looked for January 19th (Saturday) return 3 weeks later, Perth to CM, $1060 including taxes return.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Looked for January 19th (Saturday) return 3 weeks later, Perth to CM, $1060 including taxes return.
    If you want just a one way ticket to BKK, $608

Wedding Bells Rivo?:thats out there:---------
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.
    "True suffering is brief, but it lives on in your own thoughts".

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:20.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I'm looking at April (Easter) and Jetstar is still the cheapest by a mile from Melbourne..... At this stage it's around $1600 cheaper for Thip the kids and I to fly with Jetstar.... That's a lot of beer!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Airlines in general around holiday time out of Oz can be scary pricing. TG's three months up mid January which is quite high. I have been going daily to Airlines, Webjet and Wego to see if i can score a fair deal. Originally "pre add ons" Tiger had a good price $289, but due to yours truly been a procrastinator missed the boat, same day fare now $406, Jetstar have always been high $400's this period now spiking $500. Air Asia had fares at $369, but just kept checking and yesterday had a fare $319, so snapped that up, as $100 cheaper than Tiger and $200 cheaper than Jetstar.

My luck something better may come along but not prepared to risk it.