Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Bus and Driver hire

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Bus and Driver hire

Myself and Noy are looking for a way to get to and from Noy's village during our wedding ceremony next year and the best option we have come up with is a "Shuttle-type" Service. The only problem is that we have had a lot of trouble finding anyone who would do this. Does anyone know if something like this would be possible in Udon Thani? I would imagine in bigger touristy place liek Bangkok it would be easier to find but every company we have talked to cannot help us or even recommend anyone.

Ideally what we would like is a small bus (maybe 25 seater) that can pick people up at a designated location in Udon Thani and take them to the wedding, followed by taking them back later on after the wedding. As it is a little bit of a rabbit warren to find Noy's house I am told a Taxi is not possible unless people know the way and can direct.

Any other ideas would be great as I am not too sure if this idea is even possible at the moment

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

That looks great, Thank AM. Not too badly prices either, could hire 2 for the day if we had to.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Not of any use in Udon , but good general info and maybe useful to G for his buck show , is that Ive found a Minibus with driver who will do 12 hour shifts for 3,300 a day ( Hkt only).
    This is 14 seats unlimited runs BTW.

Not bad for Phuket that is dastardly expensive for transport compared to the rest of LOS.

Depending which hotel guests book/stay at you might making it a prerequisite that the hotel provide their own vehicle(s). Most hotels run some sort of shuttle bus anyway.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^ Good thought Rob,
    If the number of guests are too many to fit their bus they will find another one quick smart if they want the business, probably use another competitor's.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Depending which hotel guests book/stay at you might making it a prerequisite that the hotel provide their own vehicle(s). Most hotels run some sort of shuttle bus anyway.
    It is about a 35-45 minute drive (Probably should have mentioned that earlier) from Udon Thani to Noy's village. I guess I could ask the hotel if they could look for that service and if available provide it, as they would know what is and isn't available. In my experiences if you have the money you can get just about anything in LOS..