Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NokAir - flying smiles!

NokAir - flying smiles!

We flew HKT to BKK with NokAir, in January. It was my first NokAir flight [I have since booked 2 more for March, their schedules allowing far more flexibility than other airlines]

After 26+ AirAsia International and internal flights, NokAir's timetable, destination airport - Don Muang, and excellent price suited best. Nokair.Com = We Fly Smiles

Jo had only ever flown Thai or AirAsia and was similarly impressed with the service ... so here's a bit about it all ...

Baggage allowance is 20kgs so that was a plus straight off! Next was the check-in at HKT, no queue, and even a young lady to assist with language, baggage or whatever, on our side of the counter!
    Boarding was, well, boarding... same same as any aircraft, but.... we were allocated seats in row 33 on this A320 and so I climbed the forward steps and headed down the back.... wrong! Row 33 is the 2nd row!
    The flight was excellent, absolutely no complaints and a BIG plus is the little bag of food everyone gets - a small water and a bagel or mini-pizza thingy - very tasty!

DM airport suited us because Jo's family live in the Rangsit area and we'd booked into the Don Muang Amari Hotel. Book 2 nights @ ~Bt 1400 per night and you get an upgrade to the Executive Suite - complete with balcony, desk, sitting area, and a capacious bathroom with double basins, shower and a bath.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    How did the price compare to AA?

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    How did the price compare to AA?
    Cheaper!!! Although you can't beat AA's super specials. I have 2 tickets for next month, HKT to UTH that I will never use, they cost me AUD$12 in the BIG seat give-away.

Always shop around.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have added it to my favourites now. Not many Carriers stop at Don Muang any more. I no that Noy's sister live right near that and I plan on going to stay with them again in the future

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Might have to check out the quality of the hostesses.... 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I just did the sums for Mrs W bkk to HKT then HKT to KL and on to GC
    and me GC to KL then HKT return under 1200.00 just with Air Asia.
    Will look at Nok but as Mrs W is Ban Pree may be too hard for that one flight but if staying Sukumvit would not worry which airport i flew from.

I have unusable tickets for March 1 KUL to HKT (and return) but I don't think promo tickets are transferable. Can change dates and times only I think otherwise you could have them!
    Cheers, Rob.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I have unusable tickets for March 1 KUL to HKT (and return) but I don't think promo tickets are transferable. Can change dates and times only I think otherwise you could have them!
    That would have been handy thanks anyway Rob.

I just booked a ticket for Noy to fly from Udon Thani to Bangkok in a couple days with Nok air and would have to say it was a different experience, Good but different. I had to pay by for the ticket by Credit Card and this is where it became "different" just before I went to hit the purchase button I saw a note saying if you are paying with an International Credit Card you must show the card upon checking in unless they can deny the departure. As I was not going to be there for this flight I saw this was going to be an issue. I called the Customer Service and was happy to hear how well the call taker could speak English. I was told if I was to email them a copy of my CC and Passport then purchase the ticket over the phone 15 minutes later that everything will be fine.

So ticket was purchased and I would have to say I was happy with all the help the call takers gave me, A good thing as well was they do not have tickets so just show ID and Ref number and Bob's ya Uncle. I just hope I don't get a phone call from an upset Noy saying they would not let her on the flight.

In conclusion the price was very good, service even better and none of those extra costs that AA sting you will for baggage and seat selection.

and Thanks Rob for the incite, that was my reason for using Nok Air over AA

Noy will love Nok.... check-in and in-flight service is superb!
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I was going to fly Nok on my trip in July, but sadly their last flight does not leave Bangkok late enough, as I'll be doing a full-day tour of Ayutthaya that same day. I tried Air Asia, but I found their website a complete nightmare, with pull-down menus that didn't work, repeated error results at the last stage of their reservation process that would boot me back to stage one with all the data lost ... I went through that process three times, typing in all of Nui's and my info, only to have another "Error on the Page" boot me back again.

Finally I gave up and checked flights and prices for Bangkok Airways. Their return price was right in the ballpark with both Nok and AA, their website worked like a charm, and the confirmation email has printable e-receipts that you display at check-in. No extra baggage charge or charge for in-flight snack like AA either.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Noy will love Nok.... check-in and in-flight service is superb!
    Noy told me everything was great, she was a little worried going by herself but they looked after her well. No issues checking in, boarding etc. Would have to say a good experience all up

VG, which browser did you have trouble accessing AA with? I had trouble with Chrome in the recent past but ok now.
    AA website used to be optimised for IE and everyone was having similar problems. My only gripe with AA now is those bloody add-ons you have to CANCEL when going thru final booking process.
    Cheers, Rob.

VG, which browser did you have trouble accessing AA with? I had trouble with Chrome in the recent past but ok now.
    AA website used to be optimised for IE and everyone was having similar problems. My only gripe with AA now is those bloody add-ons you have to CANCEL when going thru final booking process.
    I was using IE ... but with pretty high security settings, which might have something to do with the problem. I tried lowering a few of the security settings during my travails with that website, but didn't seem to help.

No biggie tho ... Bangkok Airways price came in very competitively, and I've flown with them before, and found them excellent.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Resurrecting this old NokAir thread, as I just booked a one way ticket for my return from Phuket to Bangkok at the end of my upcoming trip. They have a great seat sale on right now, and got the ticket for only 927 baht! That is like $30 Canadian!! Ridiculously cheap, how do they even afford to fuel the plane for that? Is that their normal one way fare, or is this just a really good sale?
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    ^^^^ VG, you expect fuel with that?? I bet when you buy a house you want glass in the window's too 555555

Does seem exceptional price.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

"Nok smiles" have had two incidents recently Trang 6 Aug and Udon Thani 6 Oct both where the aircraft has found the soft verge but have to say their prices are good!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    I always use Nok to DM in Bkk from Phuket.
    Thats about half price VG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    I always use Nok to DM in Bkk from Phuket.
    Thats about half price VG.
    Nice! Thanks for that Chob ... good to know I got a bargain! 555

The price has a very limited 15kg weight restriction, but I was planning to pack lighter anyway. Always take way too much stuff.

Never flown Nok before, but read good things. Bangkok Airways has been the airline I have always flown with, but their lowest one-way price for that same day is 2,290 baht.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

nok air is Thai Airways low cost subsidiary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast