Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hotels in Bangkok...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

Hotels in Bangkok...

I have stayed at a few hotels now, some good some bad.... my current recommendation would have to be the Heritage Hotel
    The Heritage Bangkok On Silom Area - Free Internet - Hotel Official Web Site
    it is situated right next to the Chong Nonsi BTS station.... Our last stay we rented a corner suite as we wanted a bath tub... It is close to most things, but for me the best feature was that it was just a few stations away from the Aussies Visa centre....The suan Lum night bazaar is only a couple of stations away, which is a good place for a bargain and a bite to eat also offering live entertainment...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    ........The suan Lum night bazaar is only a couple of stations away, which is a good place for a bargain and a bite to eat also offering live entertainment...
    Not anymore. Saw its remains the other day....it is just a messy building site now

Closing of Suan LumThe property was leased from the Crown Property Bureau by P Con Development until March 31, 2006. Tenants were given until April 2007 to vacate the premises, but until late 2010 many vendors remained open. As of early 2011, the night bazaar is now closed. Plans are to develop the property into office buildings, retail areas, residential and entertainment complexes

Enjoy

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Not anymore. Saw its remains the other day....it is just a messy building site now

Closing of Suan LumThe property was leased from the Crown Property Bureau by P Con Development until March 31, 2006. Tenants were given until April 2007 to vacate the premises, but until late 2010 many vendors remained open. As of early 2011, the night bazaar is now closed. Plans are to develop the property into office buildings, retail areas, residential and entertainment complexes

Enjoy
    wow..... only there last September..... heard it was bought by the Arabs for re-developed

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have stayed at Siam@Siam and was very impressed. Walking distance to MBK and great facilities available. I will be heading to BKK in June but plan to try something different this time. Would like to stay on the Suk as I want to see a little more of the Nightlife BKK has to offer

Aspen Suites in Soi 2, Sukhumvit for my lower Suk stays...

Aspen Suites Hotel Bangkok Thailand - Best discount hotel rates

and for Middle Suk stays... Citadines

Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok Bangkok Thailand - Best discount hotel rates

Both modern and guest friendly.

I have used the Nasa Vegas Hotel in Ramkhamhaeng Road on the last three occasions.
    Prices start at 690 baht per night and a daily coupon based free gym and spa visit.
    Good value and not far from Sukhumvit and Silom areas.

Bangkok: Great Value Hotel And Surrounding Area Tips engagingthailandtips Blog

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Ning and I booked into the Bossotel Hotel 1200 per night plus breakfast.

Riverside, walk to BTS and one stop from the Visa centre.

Bossotelinn Hotel Website

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    On my first trip to Bangkok I stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites, and have to say that it was by far the best hotel I stayed in of the four I used during my stay. It is not the cheapest, rather mid-priced, but right around the corner from Soi Cowboy, the ramp to skytrain is right outside the door, and the entrance to MRT is less the a block away. An air-conditioned mall with currency exchange, shops, pharmacy, etc, is right outside the door. Not much for views, and no balcony, but the rooms are really well appointed and very clean.

I've already booked the first three nights of my upcoming trip in July there.

Sukhumvit Accommodation | Boutique Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok Thailand | Free wifi internet hotel | S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel in Bangkok Thailand - Official Website

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Grand Sukumhit Hotel on Soi 6 near Nana BTS was a great stay. Staff were excellent, and soft beds!

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    I can recommend the following hotels

Majestic Suites - right next to Soi 4. As a guest you can use the gym,pool at the sister hotel, Majestic Grande on Soi 2.

President Palace on Soi 11. Rooms are very comfortable, great buffet breakfast and decent sized pool.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    I have used the Nasa Vegas Hotel in Ramkhamhaeng Road on the last three occasions.
    Prices start at 690 baht per night and a daily coupon based free gym and spa visit.
    Good value and not far from Sukhumvit and Silom areas.

Bangkok: Great Value Hotel And Surrounding Area Tips engagingthailandtips Blog
    Have booked flight dates in October and TG's sister who lives in the area, gave us this recommendation Hotel, so just looking at the moment looks value for money. Through Wego, good rates from Agoda and Expedia.

Thanks Giggsy your blog on the Hotel is excellent
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 29th July 2011 at 13:31.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I recently stayed at Aspen Suites on Soi 2 and tbh was not very impressed. I then stayed at The Dawin on Soi 4 and was very impressed with that one(Very modern also). I think in my next stay in October(same same AM) I would like to stay in Soi 11 and leaning towards President Palace at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I recently stayed at Aspen Suites on Soi 2 and tbh was not very impressed. I then stayed at The Dawin on Soi 4 and was very impressed with that one(Very modern also). I think in my next stay in October(same same AM) I would like to stay in Soi 11 and leaning towards President Palace at the moment
    What didn't you like about Aspen Suites? I loved the place when I stayed there a couple of years ago... be interested to hear your thoughts?

In Bangkok I now usually stay at Citadines Soi 23 as like the location better.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    What didn't you like about Aspen Suites? I loved the place when I stayed there a couple of years ago... be interested to hear your thoughts?

In Bangkok I now usually stay at Citadines Soi 23 as like the location better.
    Location was a big thing. The breakfast was disappointing. I thought the room was a waste of space, Kitchen was not very practical (no pots and pans), The staff were rude and pushy to myself and Noy. and The bed was not comfortable and on wheels (which is not good during the physical activities 555). There were a lot of good things as well but the bad things stand out a lot more as a general rule.

Location was a big thing. The breakfast was disappointing. I thought the room was a waste of space, Kitchen was not very practical (no pots and pans), The staff were rude and pushy to myself and Noy. and The bed was not comfortable and on wheels (which is not good during the physical activities 555). There were a lot of good things as well but the bad things stand out a lot more as a general rule.
    Location? Too close to Nana? I liked the quietness of it, but prefer the Soi 23 area I must admit...

I loved the big rooms... that feeling of space. And I liked the kitchen.

I must admit I didn't launch myself enough to test the bed on wheels out... 555

The staff were good to me and my TG I was with... especially when she threw up all over the reception floor... 555

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    I think in my next stay in October(same same AM) I would like to stay in Soi 11 and leaning towards President Palace at the moment
    We stayed at President Palace on our trip to BKK, WOW it was great. We booked a Club level room, no wheels on our bed..

P1040138.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    We stayed at President Palace on our trip to BKK, WOW it was great. We booked a Club level room, no wheels on our bed..

P1040138.jpg
    How did you play "bedroom dodgems" then?

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    How did you play "bedroom dodgems" then?
    dodgems, no, but hide n seek was fun 555

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    dodgems, no, but hide n seek was fun 555
    I'm a bit of a spoilsport.... I always cheat.... and don't bother hiding... but I seek a lot... 555
    Annie likes this.

MojitoZ
    I have stayed at Royal Orchid Sheraton and Lebua at State Tower, both of which were great. They are obviously on the high end but what you get for the price compared to what you'd get in Oz is great. Lebua usually has good deals through Agoda. If I were staying in Bangkok for anything over a week I'd be looking at something cheaper, but that's the longest I've ever stayed there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast