Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: LEK Car Rental - Udon thani

LEK Car Rental - Udon thani

I highly recommend Lek Car and Truck Rental Udon Thani, operated by farang, with a new late model well-maintained fleet plus airport pick-up and drop-off at no extra charge.

We had a 3.0D Vigo double cab with leather, all electrics, incl GPS for 5 days for visiting Nong Khai and Khon Kaen last October @ ~AUD$50 per day. The roads around the NW of Isaan are very good and traffic more sedate than Phuket, Bangkok or Chaing Mai.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    have to agree Rob.... could get a little bit cheaper but Lek was happy to do an early morning drop off at the airport and the other mob didn't have the free GPS.... happy with the car and the service

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Stupid question but do Taxi's/Tuk Tuks operate in Udon? or is hiring a car the only option for travelling there?

both taxis/Tuk Tuks and BHT buses..... but your best either getting a bike or a car.... I'm sure I looked at where Noy lives, IIRC she's about 30klm out of Udon Thani and if thats right get a car... it also means you can travel around a bit

Its a pretty big city

Gary, we've discussed this b4. Get a hire car from airport and drive to Noy's village ... east of UDT as PBB said about 30k's, because once you're there you are stuck! You may find it quite agreeable to camp in her village, although you will be sleeping alone!
    I believe you'd be better off making daytime visits only and returning to hotel each night

The NB Hotel is just on the outskirts UDT, you pass it on your left heading east, a nice big room is only ~900 baht per night. Food is excellent too!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    You may find it quite agreeable to camp in her village, although you will be sleeping alone!
    I'm glad my future Mother In-law is a modern women...... 555

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Gary, we've discussed this b4. Get a hire car from airport and drive to Noy's village ... east of UDT as PBB said about 30k's, because once you're there you are stuck! You may find it quite agreeable to camp in her village, although you will be sleeping alone!
    I believe you'd be better off making daytime visits only and returning to hotel each night

The NB Hotel is just on the outskirts UDT, you pass it on your left heading east, a nice big room is only ~900 baht per night. Food is excellent too!
    Yeah I do remember talking about this a little bit but have a terrible memory. I am still very iffy on driving a car in LOS and Noy has driven a car once. I think Noy wants me to stay at her Mums house with them. I know we will have to sleep along but we have 3 nights in BKK beforehand and another 2 weeks together after that. As well if Visa goes to plan have 3 months together. I guess the 3 nights in Udon will have to just resist the urges. Now I will talk to her again as I liked the idea of staying in a hotel but Noy wants to stay with her mum if she is going to be coming home with me.

It would compare to driving a car around Ballarat..... nothing really to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    It would compare to driving a car around Ballarat..... nothing really to worry about
    Oh yes, I have done that and I was 10 at the time 5555

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I'm seriously considering renting a car out of Phitsanulok to make the trip to Ban Mung to see Nui's family and visit her village. She has informed me that Phitsanulok to Nern Maprang is a 3 hour bus ride .. its only 30 miles! 10 miles an hour seems brutally slow. Nern Maprang is still close to 10 miles from Ban Mung, so not sure how she suggests we do the rest of that trip.

It seems a much better option to me to just rent a vehicle in Phitsanulok and drive out there myself, but looking at car rental agencies, are there any that have a better rep across Thailand? So far I've found Budget and Avis that have an agency in Phitsanulok, and Avis comes in much cheaper. Any info is welcome.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Thanks for that G4orce, those are helpful ... probably only spending a couple of days there, but all info ahead of time is good.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Car rentals BKK any recomendations???

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Don't know of any in particular Wabbs, but this site does a good job of searching around Cheap Car Hire Thailand | Compare & Book Thailand Car Rentals Deal
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

cant you just rent from the airport and take off from there? all the major renters are in there!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Don't know of any in particular Wabbs, but this site does a good job of searching around Cheap Car Hire Thailand | Compare & Book Thailand Car Rentals Deal
    Will have a good look at this site A M cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    cant you just rent from the airport and take off from there? all the major renters are in there!
    Only good if heading directly up country...Think we will be in BKK for a few days first.
    Half thinking of just getting one and heading out directly...Could be in Surin by Lunchtime first day..HMMMMMM home cooked pad Ka pow gai.5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    When are you on the move Wabbs ? If later this month you can drop in Prakhon Chai on the way and i will buy you a beer 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Far cheaper and less hassle to use taxi's whilst staying in BKK. Just finding a parking space can be a real problem!

Try SAWASDEE Rent a Car | Bangkok | Thailand | Car Rental | Car Hire | ABOUT US for rental if you really need a car.
    Cheers, Rob.