Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chelski

Thread: IBIS Hotel Bohput

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar

IBIS Hotel Bohput

Just wondered if anyone had stayed there recently, just wondered what it was like. I know its only 3 star, but have been offered a great deal for later in the year.

Also just looking and see that BKK Air is now doing direct flights from KL to Samui at around $200AUD each way.
    Flying AA to KL and then fly on to Samui from Perth in June can get for about $700 return which is not bad. Only problem is the flight time as it means an overnight in KL.

I checked Firefly and was a bit cheaper with the flight but also means an o/n in KL plus the flight to Samui is at lunchtime, where as the BKK Air is early in the morning.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Haven't stayed at this one, but more than 10 others. Two things normally a good guide for Ibis, property age and room size.

Also, Accor has recently rebranded. Old ibis is the top of their ibis range. All Seasons is next tier down and Formula 1 is budget version of Ibis.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Haven't stayed at this one, but more than 10 others. Two things normally a good guide for Ibis, property age and room size.

Also, Accor has recently rebranded. Old ibis is the top of their ibis range. All Seasons is next tier down and Formula 1 is budget version of Ibis.
    OK Cheers for that

Might be worth PM'ing Bacwaan he might know. He has his fingers on the pulse of Samui hotels.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I rode past it today...its more Mae Nam than Bophut but only 5 mins on a scooter to the Bophut Fisherman's Village....exterior is nothing special but I'd expect a decent 3 star behind the facade

you will need a scooter but Mae Nam has an OK beach....I like to use the section belonging to the "W" Hotel as it is nice and deep there and they keep it clean....its on the mainland (west) side of the island so no real wave action

Go cart track and shooting range are nearby...lots of restaurants both Thai and tourist...and supermarkets like Big C and Tesco (with the cinema inside) are only a 10 min scoot away.....not much there as far as girlie bar action but there are a few beachside pubs in the main street of the fisherman's village and Chaweng is about 20 mins away on a scoot....nice ride over the mountains nearby...well worth doing

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I rode past it today...its more Mae Nam than Bophut but only 5 mins on a scooter to the Bophut Fisherman's Village....exterior is nothing special but I'd expect a decent 3 star behind the facade

you will need a scooter but Mae Nam has an OK beach....I like to use the section belonging to the "W" Hotel as it is nice and deep there and they keep it clean....its on the mainland (west) side of the island so no real wave action

Go cart track and shooting range are nearby...lots of restaurants both Thai and tourist...and supermarkets like Big C and Tesco (with the cinema inside) are only a 10 min scoot away.....not much there as far as girlie bar action but there are a few beachside pubs in the main street of the fisherman's village and Chaweng is about 20 mins away on a scoot....nice ride over the mountains nearby...well worth doing
    Cheers for that, I have stayed before in Bohput at a place called the Carpediem which is located on the other side of Fishermans Wharf area.

We had friends stay at the Bandara at the same time, which I think is in the same area as the Ibis, so walking to and from Fisherman's is no real problem.
    I like it up there, but think 7-8 days there will be enough, will probably head to Lamai for the 2nd week.

Will probably be there for the last week June and 1st week July.
    Spot likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Carpe Diem......... Mate it hits me on the head for its Latin meaning.... And alzhimer has taken it out of my head right now.... Buggar I know it it just wont come to me........ :/
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Seize the day?

Oh well all is booked now, got a flight with Singaopre Air for $825.00 return from Perth to Samui book via the SA website. Good connections on the way out, but not so good on the way back, but for that price, am willing to put up with it.

Considering that the return flight from Singapore to Samui with BKK air was about $500 Singapore Dollars, $825.00 out of Perth return is a good deal.

Have about 16 days all up, will spend the 1st 7 or 8 days in Bohput at the Ibis and the rest of the time down in Lamai.
    Will sort out where to stay there later

So being unexpected trip, this is a big bonus

You'll enjoy Lamai. Nice laid back place. I've stayed at both the Lamai Wanta and a bungalow on the beach at Lamai Inn 99. Both places I recommend. Though if you can get the bungalows at a good price, they would be my first choice...

There is a tourist Guide at Lamai who often hangs around the Bikini Bar... he knows all the good places to go night and day... 555

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You'll enjoy Lamai. Nice laid back place. I've stayed at both the Lamai Wanta and a bungalow on the beach at Lamai Inn 99. Both places I recommend. Though if you can get the bungalows at a good price, they would be my first choice...

There is a tourist Guide at Lamai who often hangs around the Bikini Bar... he knows all the good places to go night and day... 555
    pretty sure Khun Chelski and I have met before 555

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    pretty sure Khun Chelski and I have met before 555
    Not the founder member of the Supergirls Bar fan club by any chance is it, who had the envious job of smacking one girl in particular's ass most of the short time I was there 55555.
    Is a horrible job but someone had to do it 55555