Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Air Asia BIG Sale

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Wink Air Asia BIG Sale

AirAsia is having another sale, based on BIG points, their frequent flier program. There are a number of flights going for 0 BIG points, Bali to Perth, Bangkok (DMK) to Phnom Pehn and a few others, but you still have to pay airport taxes. I got a few from DMK to Ubon in Feb, tax only a couple of dollars. Think travel period is Jan-April 2014.

Bawdy ---------
    Last edited by Bawdy; 2nd April 2013 at 12:48.

do you have a link to this sale bawdy? and any deals from gold coast airport ?

There are 2 sales on atm, one with points, the other with plain old dosh, just look up AirAsia.com.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    The Bali 0 point sale was appealing - $105 return (taxes).

Then I remembered I prefer Thailand

^ Yeah, I wanted a flight to P Phen, but taxes added up too, so got a couple of DMK-Ubon, just a few dollars including taxes.

I'm in Phuket at the moment. We flew with air Asia and honestly it was the worst travel experience I've ever had. I should have known better. Tickets were $750 AUD return. Makes Jetstar look first class.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    I'm in Phuket at the moment. We flew with air Asia and honestly it was the worst travel experience I've ever had. I should have known better. Tickets were $750 AUD return. Makes Jetstar look first class.
    More info Bren if you can, be interested to know what was bad for you.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren View Post
    Details please Bren, I am about to book the missus on AA from BKK to Sydney for next month

^ At check in we were 2 kgs over. They made us take stuff out. I have flown a lot and never before had this. I'd understand if it was 5 or 10 kgs. Seats are small. No entertainment. My TW brought noodle cups 555 and they wouldn't give her hot water for them. They actually said to her " no nothing free with AA" 555. She said she would pay for it but they still said no. Air hostess very moody. One minute she was friendly, next minute she was grumpy. The stop off in KL was unbearable. We had to walk for about 10 mins on the runway. AA section was Sooo dirty. I have been to KL airport before when I flew with Malaysia airlines and I thought it was great but the AA section was crazy. Extremely busy. Announcements were so loud I had to have a panadole. I bought noodle soup and found a hair in it. My TW sat down and got chewing gum on her. It was one of those days that everything went wrong. Anyways at least we got here. Normally I'm not one to complain. I just thought I let BMs know.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Sounds like a fun trip Bren , NOT NOT NOT !!!
    !qq!

Sounds like you just had one of those days Bren.
    AA can be good for price, just did the Phill's for $500 cheaper than I could with PAL, but because I booked one leg Syd-Kul then another booking Kul-Clarke, my bags couldn't be booked to go through so I had to collect them and book in again, pain in the arse, I would suggest booking food online at over half the price as buying on board.
    Some cheap flights within asia ATM, KUL to Krabi return for $88, it leaves before the Syd-Kul connection arrives though

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlew View Post
    Sounds like you just had one of those days Bren.
    AA can be good for price, just did the Phill's for $500 cheaper than I could with PAL, but because I booked one leg Syd-Kul then another booking Kul-Clarke, my bags couldn't be booked to go through so I had to collect them and book in again, pain in the arse, I would suggest booking food online at over half the price as buying on board.
    Some cheap flights within asia ATM, KUL to Krabi return for $88, it leaves before the Syd-Kul connection arrives though
    Bringing the Missus over next month on AA BKK to Sydney, can you give me the process in KL for transfers

Sure, easy as. She will exit the plane the old fasion way down the stairs and across the tarmac. She will follow the herd along a pathway under an awning, when she enters the terminal building there is a set of stairs and an escalator about 10 meters ahead. She needs to look to her left and there is a sign say "'INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS" over the door, in she goes. its on the same level as the tarmac that she entered of, so no going upstairs at all!
    There they will want to see her passport, visa documentation and itinerary of her ongoing flight. She needs to print this out before leaving LOS. They will issue her the next ticket KUL-SYD and tell her the gate it departs from.
    Its very easy and my TG did it from BKK KUL Bali on her own and I hadn't been there before to even tell her this info, its not hard so she will be right.
    I'd book food for her to eat on the plane with your ticket purchase, she wont have to change money into Ringgit's to buy food at the airport then, also Aus $ or Ringgits are the currency on board AA KUL-SYD leg also I think, although she is able do this if she wishes. Also book it as one ticket BKK-KUL-SYD and her bags will be transferred.
    Last edited by dlew; 14th April 2013 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    Bringing the Missus over next month on AA BKK to Sydney, can you give me the process in KL for transfers
    What dates, I will have 3 TG's in Sydney from the 10th May for a few days.

AirAsia can be a crap trip ... especially up front where the 'puter seems to fill every frigging seat including row (12?), without windows. Down the back is good!

KL's LCCT departure terminal PA system is bloody noisy... one should stay in one of the coffee shops, hog the seat(s) for an hour or more, no problem.

After a few trips you get the hang of it. Next trip I'm booking Thai and/or Scoot (SIA) unless a significant saving.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Yeah, I normally book a seat at the rear if travelling with AA, as I will next month from HKT, the seats are only 2 across by the windows in the tail section, more comfy IMHO.

I flew air Asia bangkok to phuket and back...good plane, comfortable, on time and a bargain I would certainly fly again at least short hop....only downside was the worst looking ladyboy I have ever seen happened to have the seat next to me on the flight down....:-)

personally i havent flown with AA, but i have several friends that have with mostly good reviews. for me personally i wouldn't bother flying with AA. there are several reasons for this. (1) theres no flights out of Brisbane (2) long layovers between second flight ( sometimes having to stay overnight) (3) no food or personal entertainment

now if you want all the extras (personal entertainment, food, extra legroom, short layover etc.) its gonna cost you, for me id rather spend the extra and fly direct with thai airways.

(not unless i find a really good special with another airline that already has the extras without the added premium)

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    To me , it doesn't cost that much more to fly Thai once you factor in the layovers,food and entertainment (let alone drinks ) on the cheap carriers ! Plus , last trip just done,i had to change flight dates to come home ,and was yes sure no problems , thats all done for you , no charge ! Try getting a cheap carrier to do that !
    josho likes this.
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have flown AA, both long haul and short haul...

Short haul they are fantastic.... they do what they promise and they are fairly effective.. and the price is usually right

Long haul, not so much... I won't do the KL - SYD leg again.... it is a dreadful flight. As has been said before, the seats are small, so if you have a bit of size about you, I would advise strongly against AA.

I think I will stick with 800 odd AUD return with Emirates to BKK.. there really is no saving with AA, if you can get a decent full service airline fare. AA, for what they are, are overpriced on the long haul flights, when compared to others.

To the bloke who bagged the flight over, well, if you are returning with em, it is far worse going home, imo..... good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast