Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Want to tell us...where is your favorite hotel, guest house, in..... BKK?

  1. #1
    Mrs M.
    Guest

    Want to tell us...where is your favorite hotel, guest house, in..... BKK?

    Hello dreamers, Its another hot day in Perth.

    I just went over to the neighbour cross the road for lunch. We cooked "Kaeng Kiew Wan Fish" and "Fish curry" This one we eat with Chinese noodle and lot of vegetable. This one Mr M like just to eat it with plain rice. But he love Green curry.
    I know I know that this is not the cooking forum ^_^ .

    Ok lets get on with the business. We often talk about lot of places in Thailand and what to see, where to eat, where to stay, etc.

    I am intereted to know what is your favorite hotel or guest house, or where ever you often stay, whats is the price, what you like about the place, etc. and if you got some photo that will be wonderful but if you don't I am still greatful.

    But I always thinks photo make things more interesting, same as when you want to order food and they got big pitures on the menu, that make it easier doesn't it ^_^

    Lets sperate places, This thread is for BKK in any area. Bangna, Sukhumvit, etc.

    ***I just think it would be easier for some one looking for some ideas where to stay in the future. ***

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Its not in those area's, but by far 'The Banyan Tree' is the best place I've stayed in followed by Sukothai..... I will do a review with pics soon

  3. #3
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Hello dreamers, Its another hot day in Perth.
    It's been one HOTTTTTT summer here.

  4. #4
    Mrs M.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Its not in those area's, but by far 'The Banyan Tree' is the best place I've stayed in followed by Sukothai..... I will do a review with pics soon
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Its not in those area's, but by far 'The Banyan Tree' is the best place I've stayed in followed by Sukothai..... I will do a review with pics soon
    Woahhhh ^_^ I have heard about this place, looking forward to see your review

  5. #5
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,030
    I like a few hotels in Bangkok. Aspen Suites on Soi 2 and Citadines on Soi 23. But I loved the apartment complex I stayed in for 3 months on Soi 36... very well appointed, clean and secure and good value.

    Rung Aroon Mansion







    Last edited by Quarky; 1st March 2011 at 05:13.

  6. #6
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    I like that mate the way i am feeling could drop myself there for 3 months in a heart beat.
    Whats the bond?
    .

  7. #7
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,030
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I like that mate the way i am feeling could drop myself there for 3 months in a heart beat.
    Whats the bond?
    Bond (Deposit) was 2 months rent in advance. Plus first month's rent. Got full deposit back at the end no problems.

  8. #8
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Same same as when i was at Hyde Park same same level wise but full of Germans and the agent never told us a bout the new Hyde Park II going up next door.......BANG BANG BANG did not suite an expats life 555555 lost 1 month as i decided to depart.
    .

  9. #9
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,030
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Same same as when i was at Hyde Park same same level wise but full of Germans and the agent never told us a bout the new Hyde Park II going up next door.......BANG BANG BANG did not suite an expats life 555555 lost 1 month as i decided to depart.
    Actually... they demolished a building close by for a week while I was there. Lucky I went up country most of the week and missed the noise... but nice big bathroom. I think I prefer it over most hotels I have stayed at.

  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    .....But I loved the apartment complex I stayed in for 3 months on Soi 36... very well appointed, clean and secure and good value.


    Nice looking place DP, what was it costing you per month?
    Life is the unexpected ...

  11. #11
    Mrs M.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I like a few hotels in Bangkok. Aspen Suites on Soi 2 and Citadines on Soi 23. But I loved the apartment complex I stayed in for 3 months on Soi 36... very well appointed, clean and secure and good value.

    Rung Aroon Mansion







    Thanks for sharing, it look like a very nice place

  12. #12
    Mrs M.
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    Hello dreamers, Its another hot day in Perth.

    I just went over to the neighbour cross the road for lunch. We cooked "Kaeng Kiew Wan Fish" and "Fish curry" This one we eat with Chinese noodle and lot of vegetable. This one Mr M like just to eat it with plain rice. But he love Green curry.
    I know I know that this is not the cooking forum ^_^ .

    Ok lets get on with the business. We often talk about lot of places in Thailand and what to see, where to eat, where to stay, etc.

    I am intereted to know what is your favorite hotel or guest house, or where ever you often stay, whats is the price, what you like about the place, etc. and if you got some photo that will be wonderful but if you don't I am still greatful.

    But I always thinks photo make things more interesting, same as when you want to order food and they got big pitures on the menu, that make it easier doesn't it ^_^

    Lets sperate places, This thread is for BKK in any area. Bangna, Sukhumvit, etc.

    ***I just think it would be easier for some one looking for some ideas where to stay in the future. ***
    We are usually staying in Bangna area when we want to stay in BKK. In a 3 stars hotel (I am not whats their rate, but I think i will it 3), AVANA hotel.

    We had been staying at this place since 2005-2006 sometime from there. And now the new airport make this place more popular because not too far from airport, and convenience enough to get around. And it great value. 900THB including breakfast for a big lovely stardard room if you got a Thai ID ^_< like me. But still not too bad for a foreigner which is around 1300thb including breakfast. I think they have quite good breakfast range. I never want to miss the breakfast. The menu might look simple but if you know That dish, The cooks seem to always got it right .

    This place was like our BKK home. but we got our own place and will only be there when we need too.avana2.jpgavana1.jpg

    Little tip, if you had choice don't get the delux room, from experience we got a small round dinning table with 2 chairs and a razor brade in the bathroom for 1800thb if I am not wrong. but I could be wrong, they might improve it and if you stay there and there is something I should know, bring it.

    It would cost you around 300THB to go to airport from the hotel by a taxi, which would take around 40-50 minutes. They have a taxi waiting to service with no charge to customer and by meter.


    I will just leave it here and then Mr M. and take over about reviewing more......

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    ^I thought the bar area down stairs was very good nice space to have some drinks with friends.
    I know Mrs W thought it very good value when we saw you there.
    .

  14. #14
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Nice looking place DP, what was it costing you per month?
    As I only stayed 3 months it was 13,000 baht per month + water (300 baht per month) and electricity (On average was 1000 to 1200 baht per month).

    For a year long contract you can get 11,000 baht per month for this room:







    There is a small kitchen area (Which you can't see in pictures above) with a fridge and microwave around the corner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •