Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Motor Homes in LOS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

Motor Homes in LOS

Just wondering, do they have Motor Homes in LOS and do they rent them etc.

I have never seen one during my trips, but really wasn't looking either.

When I had Jeab over here, she went crazy when one went alongside us at the lights.

I showed her thru one in a dealers yard and she was a wide eyed kid. Never seen one before.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Yes they are starting to appear, there's a manufacturer or dealer here in CM + CarryBoy in BKK make them. Not cheap!

Biggest problem is lack of any facilities - camping grounds/power or secure carparks. Not that Thailand is dangerous, but try getting a TG to stop at night in a dark country lay-by ....
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    A TG dream...food, TV and a bed that is with you 24/7. 555
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Can`t remember seeing one on the road. Seen a few camping grounds but only with smallish tents erected in the main holiday periods of new year and songkran.

It`s not hard to find some sort of room here though so defeats the purpose of towing or driving a van around.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 8th May 2013 at 18:58.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    I did the sums about a year ago in one of my get me there sooner moods.

The cost of the vehicles and return on investment over the period of their life is too high. Compared to ample cheep cheep quality accommodation and transport.

But I guess one could start a camper van scam along the lines of a jet skis.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Likewise, I have seen the odd camper van / motorhome. A few are Thai registered vehicles, and others are expedition type vehicles from some far off land. With no infrastructure, they would have to be fairly self-contained. As others have suggested, with the availability of rooms of some sort just about everywhere in Thailand, they do seem a bit of pointless and out of place here.