Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Arriving BKK

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

Arriving BKK

Gday all,

I'm going to be landing at the new airport in BKK... I am wondering if the joint is busy at 1am, or would it be a good idea to uses the BFS service? I know BKK immigration can be ordinary at times

For those unfamiliar with BFS, it is a service that greets you on arrival and whisks you through immigration, etc.... for about 30 bucks it seems like a bargain

Bangkok Flight Services

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Gday all,

I'm going to be landing at the new airport in BKK... I am wondering if the joint is busy at 1am, or would it be a good idea to uses the BFS service? I know BKK immigration can be ordinary at times

For those unfamiliar with BFS, it is a service that greets you on arrival and whisks you through immigration, etc.... for about 30 bucks it seems like a bargain

Bangkok Flight Services
    New airport?
    BKK is Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok International) and no need for any assistance ... easy as mate!
    DMK is the 'new' old Don Muang airport ... rejuvenated for LCC's ... also easy as to arrive or transit through.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    New airport?
    BKK is Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok International) and no need for any assistance ... easy as mate!
    DMK is the 'new' old Don Muang airport ... rejuvenated for LCC's ... also easy as to arrive or transit through.
    I call it the new one (Suvarnabhumi) because my girlfriend pisses herself laughing when i try to get my tongue around it 555

I am arriving Emirates from Sydney at about 1am.... I have heard stories, but I woulda thought it was pretty quiet that time of the day?

I have used both airports, and never had any real issues, but i have never arrived at Suvarnabhumi, only departed..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    I have flown into Swampy more than 10 times in the past 18 months, and the longest it has taken me to get out the door was one hour and that was when my bags were lost/still in Singapore, so the hour included doing the paper work on my bags.

Money is not a big issue yet wasted, but TG would think you're ting tong. And she won't forget it...you will never be able to refuse paying 1000 baht or less for anything. 555
    Last edited by Nomad; 10th May 2013 at 21:04.
    Minder likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    If the first lot of immigration you arrive at has queues , walk a little further , there are a few

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    I call it the new one (Suvarnabhumi) because my girlfriend pisses herself laughing when i try to get my tongue around it 555

I am arriving Emirates from Sydney at about 1am.... I have heard stories, but I woulda thought it was pretty quiet that time of the day?

I have used both airports, and never had any real issues, but i have never arrived at Suvarnabhumi, only departed..
    Just call it So-you-wanna-boom-boom-me.. That will quite your lady up for a bit..555
    Sometime customs go fast, sometimes slower.. But always had to wait for my bag to arrive after, so fast-track will not help you in this..

One tip if you hate waiting in line... There is the regular customs, where everyone goes, and which is always very busy (especially for addicts like me, who need a smoke first), but then there is the second customs area about 50 meters further.. Which will be less crowded.. Don't tell anyone, it's a secret..555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I guess the biggest issue is that arriving at that time most of the nightlife in Bangkok closes at 2 am. Pretty poor arrival times with Emirates out of Oz. JetStar arrives at 8 pm out of MEL, so plenty of time for both Bangkok and Pattaya nightlife.
    josho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Just call it So-you-wanna-boom-boom-me.. That will quite your lady up for a bit..555
    Sometime customs go fast, sometimes slower.. But always had to wait for my bag to arrive after, so fast-track will not help you in this..
    I only bring carry on..... I have a load of clothes already up there Thanks for the tip about about the 2nd area

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    I guess the biggest issue is that arriving at that time most of the nightlife in Bangkok closes at 2 am. Pretty poor arrival times with Emirates out of Oz. JetStar arrives at 8 pm out of MEL, so plenty of time for both Bangkok and Pattaya nightlife.
    That wont be a worry for me on arrival, I am pretty sure madam will want to go straight to the loom 5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Mrs M and I always use the Thai passport queue, as do most Thai-Farang couples even though this farang is still on his farang passport
    On the rare occasions that I travel alone I still use that queue as its usually empty - the officer seldom blinks but at the most just gives me that look for a moment, then opens the passport, see the multiple Thailand stamps and proceeds without comment....but as was mentioned, if you have checked baggage you still end up waiting for it.

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Mrs M and I always use the Thai passport queue, as do most Thai-Farang couples even though this farang is still on his farang passport
    We even did this with my kids in tow and then Thip spotted the new automatic machines (for Thais only) and was through in under a minute.... we still had about a 5 minute wait.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Dave, I have done the Sydney to BKK on Emerites 3 times, the flight you are taking.

At no time was there more than 4 or 5 people in front of me, the place is deserted at that time.

One time, I took awhile to go to the toilet and find a new form to fill out, by the time I got to immigration I walked straight up to the counter.

Have a great trip.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Dave, I have done the Sydney to BKK on Emerites 3 times, the flight you are taking.

At no time was there more than 4 or 5 people in front of me, the place is deserted at that time.

One time, I took awhile to go to the toilet and find a new form to fill out, by the time I got to immigration I walked straight up to the counter.

Have a great trip.
    Thanx for that..... it was just i had heard some horror stories, but i ma guessing that is thru peak times... cheers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    What I did find was going home on afternoon flights the place was a sh1t fight, especially with all the rude families from Dubai etc and Ruskie's. Que jumping, pushing and shoving and all lines at least 20& people.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Welcome dave01

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Welcome dave01
    Is he here already?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Just a few posts :-)

Thanks mate

I will be arriving BKK on 22/7 staying there till the 30th. Will head down to patong, catch up with Mr Smiley for a couple, two mates are arriving there the 29th and need a wing man, so I got the job... AND i really suck at that... ask Smiley 555

I willl be in patong till the 8th August then Head back to BKK for a week before heading home...

Back again the end of october f or a couple of months as well

life is tough

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    two mates are arriving there the 29th and need a wing man, so I got the job... AND i really suck at that... ask Smiley 555
    I wouldn't go that far, I end up spending more baht then I usually do when you're in town. Granted, since I've become a saint I haven't been sinning like I use too, 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast