Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Banyan Tree BKK

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar

Banyan Tree BKK

The Banyan Tree
    21/100 South Sathorn Road, Sathorn
    I was fortunate enough last May to be able to stay at the Banyan Tree. At the time Bangkok was under curfew due to the Red Shirt riots, I was finding it hard to book hotels and at the time of arrival still had no booking. I wanted something close to the Australian Embassy just for the peace of mind… we got a taxi to Sathorn and did a few walk-ins…
    Usually the Banyan Tree for 3 nights with full western breakfast would be 10,650bht for a 1 bedroom suite; we ended up getting it for 3,600bht… At the time there would have been 20 guests in the hotel, they had close to a full staff on and were just happy to have anyone staying… They would lock the front door every night and it was manned with a guard stopping us from leaving, so our only dinner option was to eat in the hotel restaurant… I found the meals ok just over priced, it was mainly what I would call Farang/Thai cooked by some renowned Aussie chef (so renowned I’d never heard of him)…
    It is close to Lumpini Park and boxing stadium and the closest BTS is only 5 min in a taxi… Around Silom you will find some good authentic food places and street market stalls with a typical Bangkok atmosphere
    It is only 2 doors down from the Australian Embassy and less than 10min from the Australian Visa Centre…
    The jewel in the crown for the Banyan tree is Vertigo… a roof top bar and restaurant nestled onto of the 60th floor, it’s not a place you would have a big night at as the drinks and food are overpriced, but well worth the look…
    I didn’t try the spa service or in house massage as it was not required 555… I found the service second to none and If I could ever justify paying the 10,650bht I would stay there again
    bt1.jpgbt2.jpgbt3.jpgbt4.jpgbt5.jpgbt6.jpgbt7.jpgbt8.jpgbt1.jpg

Looks lovely.... and the view from the rooftop is spectacular...

How did you feel when you found that strange man in your bath?

555.... he was just like the guys in the loo at holywood.... there for a massage and back wash 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    How good is that, what would you get for the same money in OZ......a cupboard with firk all

even to pay full price for this place is good value in western terms..... good place to take the wife or GF for a treat

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    even to pay full price for this place is good value in western terms..... good place to take the wife or GF for a treat
    NICEEEE, isn't it Mr M. ooppss I should not teach crocodie how to swim hOW much is it again?? its niceeee

I could never get Mrs W to stay there if she knew the price she hates when i book a hotel with a 1 at the start....bless

It's funny, I set the bar high by staying there... Now wherever we stay we compare it to the banyan tree...Thip seems to take a lot of pics of the banyan looking out of some really dodgy hotels

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I could never get Mrs W to stay there if she knew the price she hates when i book a hotel with a 1 at the start....bless
    555555555 I like that,

I dont like when Mr M. want to stay at the place that the price not starting with "1" or "2" >_<

SHe thinks its a waste of money she had words with me about this a few times 5555

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    I stayed their for 3 nights in a club room on my honeymoon. (Not this marriage) and I loved it.

Booked dinner at Vertigo one night and ended up only having an entree as the prices shocked me. Entree cost 2000Bt

Went back down got changed and walked to Lumpini Park food court and ate as much seafood as I could eat for 500Bt

Great location and Patongbeachboy got it for a great price as I paid about 8000Bt per night and that was on special.

2000bt Entree was it very very special? Even in OZ 60.00 is a special entree!

Pan fried Scallops

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Pan fried Scallops
    Were they fresh caught that morning by a Scandinavian scallop fisherman and then flown first class on the red eye flight to BKK?

Nope! and there was only six on the plate with a few other bits and pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Pan fried Scallops
    Aaahhh... at least there was more than one... 555

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    555555555 I like that,

I dont like when Mr M. want to stay at the place that the price not starting with "1" or "2" >_<
    I mean 1,XXX OR 2,XXX This rate is okay, but when it start with 3,XXX mai chob

But I am sure its worth for a special occasion
    Last edited by Mrs M.; 3rd March 2011 at 23:45. Reason: my business >_<