Phuket Taxi and Transfers

View Poll Results: What's your favourite Thai Domestic Airline ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thai Airways

3 30.00%
  • Bangkok Airways

6 60.00%
  • Air Asia

3 30.00%
  • Nok Air

2 20.00%
  • Thai Orient

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By meese
  • 3 Post By Minder

Thread: favourite Domestic Airlines

favourite Domestic Airlines

what's your favourite (thai) domestic airline ?

Who's your least favourite ?
    Last edited by josho; 22nd May 2013 at 15:54.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Only flown with AA and Nok....... for me it comes down to who has the cheapest ticket on the day.

Last trip to Udon Thani I flew with AA there and Nok on the way back.

Just keep in mind that luggage is included with Nok in the price.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Only flown with AA and Nok....... for me it comes down to who has the cheapest ticket on the day.

Last trip to Udon Thani I flew with AA there and Nok on the way back.

Just keep in mind that luggage is included with Nok in the price.
    I've only flown with BKK, Thai & Nok. I like all of them, but i find thai airways charge way to much for there flights. also ive noticed lately there's not to much of a price difference between nok and BKK.

I just booked 4 domestic flights with Bangkok airways for $220 AUD (6,400 baht)
    Last edited by josho; 22nd May 2013 at 17:13.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    I like Air Asia, efficient, rarely late. I don't like it on some flights you are bussed to/from the terminal.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I've only used Bangkok Air and Thai , I dislike budget airlines and would rather pay a bit more for less hassle and better service , plus from what I've read getting to DM can be a bit of a nightmare with traffic , so I will stick to Swampy and U-Tapao for internal flights

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I will go with the cheapest, so usually AirAsia, but don't like going to DMK from Pattaya. If Bangkok Airways opened up more flights from U-Tapoa/Pattaya I would happily pay a little extra to use them, flew with them 3 times last trip.

I like those little planes with propellers... and a cute TG in the seat across from you, smiling at you all flight... and then you follow her to bag pick up... she reaches seductively for her small pink case... and then turns... and runs off into the sunset without even a backward glance... so fickle... 555
    josho likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I like those little planes with propellers... and a cute TG in the seat across from you, smiling at you all flight... and then you follow her to bag pick up... she reaches seductively for her small pink case... and then turns... and runs off into the sunset without even a backward glance... so fickle... 555
    sounds like bangkok air to me 5555
    Quarky likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I'll use Nok whenever I can over the others .... for me going to DMK is like visiting an old friend and arriving there means I have to go past Soi Cowboy to get home ...

I will switch to the first domestic Thai airline that follows the Cebu safety model however...

Enjoy..
    Quarky, jontymate and Mick like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Can't say that I fly much these days. If I can't go somewhere on two wheels, I don't tend to go. It must at least a year since I even rode in a car or a bus.

My last flight was three years ago, with Air Asia, which was all I dislike about flying. I did enjoy the walk to the plane at the KL LCCT though.

About four years ago I flew from Bangkok to Phuket with a mate. From booking to landing, the whole process was surprisingly pleasant. Getting picked up at the airport by my mate's wife was the icing on the cake..... no need deal with HKT airport transport so called service.

Six years ago I flew from Don Muang to Phuket by some low cost carrier, I cannot remember which one, but not Air Asia. Someone else booked that for me.
    Last edited by Mick; 28th May 2013 at 09:25.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I have used most of them, and surprisingly, I like Orient Thai.... Sure they fly old planes around the joint, have limited routes, and have been known to stack the odd plane, in another guise.... But they seem to be pretty good at what they are doing these days... The beauty of OT, is check in... Go to Phuket or DM, and check out the length of the AA ques, sometimes nearly out the door, depending on the time. Walk over to OT checkin, 2 minutes and you are done. Also, they give you a decent luggage allowance if you need.. Most times the fare is somewhere near the 100 AUD return (DMK - HKT), sometimes more but you can generally get the fare for that

AA are good, but checkin, no matter where you are can be bloody tedious. Only because they are cheap and many people choose to use them.. As an aside, in December last year, I bought a DMK - HKT return for July this year for 48 AUD return with AA, on spec... turns out i will be using it afterall.... so I won't be complaining considering the price.
    Last edited by dave01; 28th May 2013 at 09:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I'll use Nok whenever I can over the others .... for me going to DMK is like visiting an old friend and arriving there means I have to go past Soi Cowboy to get home ...

I will switch to the first domestic Thai airline that follows the Cebu safety model however...

Enjoy..
    All very choreographed, but the crew look like they are enjoying themselves, which must be a good thing.

Nok Air for sure at the top for me.

@ minder

that is a brilliant idea 555. wish they did that on all flights