Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Honda scoot prices.

Honda scoot prices.

Called in to Honda in Hat Yai the other day as I may soon be looking for a bike for semi-permanent Thai residence.

Not sure how the prices compare to BKK, Phuket and Pattaya etc but the three I looked at were quoted at:

1) PCX 150: 78,000

2) Forza: 165,000!!!

3) Zoomer: 55,000

On top of that would be tax/insurance. PCX seems a bit steep as I think they were being had for 68K previously BUT I think that may have been the 125 version. The Forza is well pricey!!!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
    PCX seems a bit steep as I think they were being had for 68K previously BUT I think that may have been the 125 version.
    never seen a PCX for 68K....mostly around 72/73K for the 125cc

the 150cc would be what you were offered at 78K I imagine

PS...the rest of your prices are around the same as what is available here on Samui
    Last edited by bacwaan; 7th June 2013 at 17:21.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I asked the price of a PCX 150 a few months back and they said around 75K, that was in Chiang Mai.

BTW I rented one and did nearly 1500km, great bike and a noticable improvement over the 125.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

New prices will be fairly standard around the country. Tax and compulsory insurance come to a little over 400 baht a year all told.

The PCX is a fair price for what it is; a little cheaper than the CBR150R. You pay for the extra cc's and the stylish looks.

The Forza is a 300 cc machine. The CBR250R starts at about 110,000 baht for non ABS. The CBR500's are over 200,000.

The Zoomer looks to be a slightly pricier incarnation of the Click / Scoopy family.

A basic Wave 110i (kick start and drum brakes) starts at about 37,000, and there are various versions going up to about 50,000 for a 125i. The Dream has gone a bit more retro in its styling, and is now marketed as the Cub, at about 42,000 baht.

You decide your budget, and chose a bike to suit.

I bought a 2nd hand 1997 Dream 100 ten years ago for 15,000 baht. A couple of years ago I had the engine overhauled at a cost of just over 4,000 baht. Now it has done 215,000 km, is still reliable and getting better than 100 mpg (US). It looks good for a good few more years..... as long as I can get gasoline (benzine) to run it on, which is getting to be a hassle.

Bikes made in the last 10 years are gasohol compatible. My 16 year-old machine isn't, I discovered a few years ago when gasohol was introduced.
    Last edited by Mick; 8th June 2013 at 18:14.

Yah, I like the PCX, price seems OK too. Just seemed to recall people picking them up new around 68K at one time IIRC BUT it was the 125. Seems like a good price for the 150, likely what I'll go for.

The Forza is a bit pricey for what it is I think, personally I'd rather have a CBR at 50K less, albeit I'm less inclined towards the sports styling (and riding position) these days.

The Zoomer looks a bit odd, bit like a Tonka toy with small / fat tyres but sure different.

Listed the prices just to see if it was the same elsewhere. Seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post

BTW I rented one and did nearly 1500km, great bike and a noticable improvement over the 125.
    agree...go for the 150...definitely worth the (5kish?) extra...a lot more torque + speed off the mark

Yah. I like the PCX a lot, esp the 150.