Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hotel Booking sites

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Hotel Booking sites

I normally use Booking.com , it's a great site , doesn't charge upfront and allows a free cancellation ...brilliant when you find Expedia a month later is offering the same hotel about 50% cheaper , so Booking.com now cancelled and booked up and paid with Expedia

Not sure how many hotels they have in their Sale , but Intimate by Tim in Pattaya is one they are offering a deal with , THB 2K per night instead of 3k and free WiFi

probably the easiest thing to use is use Trivago or another comparison site , but very happy I could switch when this deal came up
    Last edited by Stillearly; 21st June 2013 at 06:49.

Is there a better site for booking just flights than Kayak SE? Especially multi-city flights...

Damn... just realised this is a hotel thread... sorry... 555

I use Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com... and recently priceline...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is there a better site for booking just flights than Kayak SE? Especially multi-city flights...
    I always use Kayak as well , but Skyscanner also gets mentioned a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I always use Kayak as well , but Skyscanner also gets mentioned a lot
    On Skyscanner... I can't seem to find a multi-city option. Just seems an in and back option?

^ Not sure , they don't do Business either , but they get praised for cheap flights on a lot of Forums
    Quarky likes this.

Never booked on-line..... have seldom even booked. Just rock up and take what's going.

Given that I don't travel at peak travel times, it works ok for me.

Cadet Gold
    I like Agoda very much. When I was in LOS last time I would book on Agoda the next day just to get the rewards

I usually do check Trivago though to see if other sites have a better price.

I normally book direct with the hotels these days. I've found the best rates that way and you don't have to pay upfront

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    I normally book direct with the hotels these days. I've found the best rates that way and you don't have to pay upfront
    I find sometimes booking direct from the hotel is more expensive if booking in advance. Some of the online booking agents like Expedia buy large amounts of rooms and get a better deal. They also do good flight accommodation combo's.

In low season I have just booked a flight and then just showed up at a hotel and got a good deal at reseption.

i mainly use booking.com and sawadee.com sometimes i will use flightcentre but that's only if there's a special on.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Where to start?

For rooms, you really should use an aggregator, to consistently find the best deals. Sure sometimes you will get a deal with a hotel, but you will consistently do better using a service such as this one.

These guys are good Compare Hotel Prices Worldwide - DirectRooms

You will see the prices from heaps of companies, like Agoda, expedia, booking.com etc, all laid for you to make your choice .... A pretty good search engine

For flights, in my view Skyscanner is damn hard to go past.... To understand what skysanner actually is,you need to understand it is not a travel agent as such, but an air fare aggregator........ You are not buying tickets from them, but rather they are a conduit for people like, Expedia, or Emirates, or Singapaore Ariines etc...Again it will show the prices from various companies for the same flight.. As an example, last flight I booked was with bravofly, via skyscanner... was a pretty decent saving. Did the booking then checked with Emirates, and sure enough the flight was confirmed....

For Aussies, and i guess anyone else, we are global after all, surprisingly STA Travel, throws up some pretty decent fares.. and No, You don't need to be a student. They do seem have pretty decent fares most of the time
    Last edited by dave01; 22nd June 2013 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

These guys are good Compare Hotel Prices Worldwide - DirectRooms

You will see the prices from heaps of companies, like Agoda, expedia, booking.com etc, all laid for you to make your choice .... A pretty good search engine

For Aussies, and i guess anyone else, we are global after all, surprisingly STA Travel, throws up some pretty decent fares.. and No, You don't need to be a student. They do seem have pretty decent fares most of the time
    pretty much the same as hotels combined http://www.hotelscombined.com.au/

yeah i agree 100% to on that one, STA are a good travel site just recently booked Brisbane-Bangkok return for $693
    Last edited by josho; 22nd June 2013 at 10:34.

the only prob i have with STA is there average hotel prices/deals
    Last edited by josho; 23rd June 2013 at 22:11.

DP (sorry can't figure your flag is it Romania!) if it is out of UK try using carltonleisure.com
    Last edited by mechime; 23rd June 2013 at 16:25.

Quote Originally Posted by mechime View Post
    DP (sorry can't figure your flag is it Romania!) if it is out of UK try using carltonleisure.com
    cheers... I have already booked my flights from the UK now. But checked Carlton to see if I had lost out. Thankfully the best Carlton price was 200 more than I paid for the same flight... using Kayak.

Just luck of the draw. I shall add it to my list though... thanks.

DP, find that strange 200 like for like! so I panic and try mine, being mindfull of flight times and tried my next booking dates and with Kayak, came back to the same as I bought on Opodo for LHR-HKT-LHR on Thai in August back Sept, phew, maybe a few pounds saved using agents I don't like the sound of their customer feedback.
    Do you skip across from Romania to UK? On my last flight thru SIN, I sat next to a 1st Mate and he had been routed thru LHR by his Co. from his home City Sarajevo, seems UK is still cheaper than most of Europe for Int'l flights, hard to believe when you look at the airport tax; be interesting to hear if others found this.

Quote Originally Posted by mechime View Post
    DP, find that strange 200 like for like! so I panic and try mine, being mindfull of flight times and tried my next booking dates and with Kayak, came back to the same as I bought on Opodo for LHR-HKT-LHR on Thai in August back Sept, phew, maybe a few pounds saved using agents I don't like the sound of their customer feedback.
    Do you skip across from Romania to UK? On my last flight thru SIN, I sat next to a 1st Mate and he had been routed thru LHR by his Co. from his home City Sarajevo, seems UK is still cheaper than most of Europe for Int'l flights, hard to believe when you look at the airport tax; be interesting to hear if others found this.
    I live in the UK. Usually fly from Manchester. But found a really cheap multi-city flight from London to NZ. So stuck the exact same dates in... and was 200 more. But then, so was expedia which I often use too...

In saying that. Kayak and Expedia prices seem to change by the day if not the hour... just checked now... and my exact flight is now 35 more on Kayak than I paid a few days ago! Tomorrow... who knows?

By the way.... it was Kayak I searched on... but when you book the flight it was ebooker I ended up going thru...

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Just booked my first hotel with booking.com
    If I don't book direct I generally have used agoda.

I like the free cancellation policy up to 20 Dec - although I feel a little uncomfortable not having paid anything.
    I pay the hotel direct in baht is my understanding?

That's right , when you check out

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Check in do you mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast