Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: In-room safe in all rooms at the Nana?

In-room safe in all rooms at the Nana?

The hotel's website seems silent on whether they have these. Other booking sites seem inconclusive with some referring to safe deposit boxes in lobby, and some older Trip Advisor reports indicate some rooms have them. Can anyone tell me whether all rooms in the Nana have an in-room safe? (Or is it that these are are not mentioned in hotels
    amenities as they are routine everywhere now?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrodders View Post
    The hotel's website seems silent on whether they have these. Other booking sites seem inconclusive with some referring to safe deposit boxes in lobby, and some older Trip Advisor reports indicate some rooms have them. Can anyone tell me whether all rooms in the Nana have an in-room safe? (Or is it that these are are not mentioned in hotels
    amenities as they are routine everywhere now?)
    They are not routine in all hotels in bkk, especially older hotels like the nana. If not , they will definitely have safe deposit boxes athotel reception.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    X|0|0
    0|X|0
    0|0|X...relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Ever had any problems with the at reception safes? Not something I have ever used so wondering whether there are hassles getting access 24/7?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I prefer the reception safes in the older hotels to the tin box that might be partially bolted down to the plywood in the wardrobe of my room. I have NEVER had a problem a safe at reception other than when I forget to grab my passport and other items at check-out. Also don't lose your key - that can be an expensive mistake as they will charge you several thousand baht to replace a safety deposit box eye.

Enjoy.
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Be wary of the newer hotels fitted with cheap electronic safes.
    I was at Sea me Spring too in Patts earlier this year and the safe failed to open on my last day there.
    They have a sign that says "No assistance with safe opening after hours".
    My taxi was coming at 3.30am that next morning.
    Imagine getting stuck without access to your passport and valuables and missing your flight.
    Lucky I checked it about 5.00pm and they got someone to open it. Took ages and they didn't look like they knew what they were doing.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Last time at LK mansion, they told us all the reception safes were full and nothing available in room.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I've hidden my valuables in the room before now due to various circumstances ... including the room safe being in three pieces on the floor .... or not bolted down ... then I always leave a wad of small notes highly visible on a table on the presumption the thief will grab that and go and not look further .... I've had stuff stolen in LOS but never from a hotel room .... not even the "decoy" cash...

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

Hide valuables somewhere the maid would never look ... rubbish bin, under mattress ... or carry cash with you. I hid 10k Aussie under the hotel mattress last week rather than walk around Soi4 with it. Got robbed anyway ... now worth only 9.9k ...
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Was with in a shuttle bus from hotel to FRA when a German bloke started to panic, he called back to the hotel to tell them he has left his laptop in the room, the immediate reply was Yes we have it, he had hidden it behind the dresser!!
    Two hotels I have stayed in that boasted in room safes and when I asked where? they handed me one!
    Been lucky so far as I only seem to loose my leather trouser belts, once in Dubai and once in PP but have been with groups whom lost camera's and money from their rooms, the later forgot to lock his safe door.
    Have been to many hotels which have a front desk safe and they seal your stuff in an envelope which you then sign across, bit ackward when you need those extra $$ and the p4p is standing next to you!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I prefer the reception safes in the older hotels to the tin box that might be partially bolted down to the plywood in the wardrobe of my room. I have NEVER had a problem a safe at reception other than when I forget to grab my passport and other items at check-out. Also don't lose your key - that can be an expensive mistake as they will charge you several thousand baht to replace a safety deposit box eye.

Enjoy.
    I am the same, I am quite happy with the lobby safes at my usual hotel in Pattaya.
    Between their key and a sturdy lock that I carry. I feel happier than having all my stuff in a cheap room safe that, may or may not be well secured to the bottom of the cupboard.

I have yet to lose any money or valuables in LOS aside from one credit card that I dropped on my second visit.
    I was walking past a bar on Bangla when a lady started waving and shouting at me. She had my card in her hand as it had fallen out my wallet the night before.. Too bad that I had just had it blocked 5555

yeah i do admit that these new electronic safes don't look very safe at all. will need to start leaving my money with the hotel staff in the future

so far so good for me for safes when i visit my normal hotel in Patong... i'm always skeptical about hotel safes but i figure its always better than not putting it in the safe....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    There are also bags with wire closures at the top. The bags have interwoven steel mesh throughout and make them slash proof. I usually keep my laptop, iPod and phone in it. I have had no problem at all. The bag is called PACSAFE. The bag also lashes to furniture so they would have to have a woe cutter to get it. The good thing is it takes up nearly no space and weighs nothing when packing it. I bought mine on ebags