Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 236
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Jetstar sale

  1. #1
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,630

    Jetstar sale

    Some good prices on sale till 1 July for direct flights if you can fly outside peak periods.

    Just paid ~ $600 return from Melbourne (including 20kg luggage, food, points and free to change all details). $110 cheaper if you don't need flexibility, food and points.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  2. #2
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,950
    Good info mate.

  3. #3
    Cadet silver sib saam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    176
    sometimes, there are cheaper alternatives for budget flights.... jetstar is actually one of the more expensive ones.... their friday frenzy is sometimes rubbish and read the fine print....

  4. #4
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,630
    MEL to BKK return for under $500 (no luggage, no change) at the moment for September and October period, including school holidays. Luggage, points, food and ability to change is another $100.

    Note, if you choose to pay by bank deposit, you avoid credit card fees and have 48 hours to either pay or let it lapse if you decide not to go ahead with it.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Just paid $254 total price for Mrs M and I to fly Singapore to Perth with extra leg room in the Exit row ... I can't fly to Melbourne on my own for that price most days....
    Life is the unexpected ...

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    MEL to BKK return for under $500 (no luggage, no change) at the moment for September and October period, including school holidays. Luggage, points, food and ability to change is another $100.

    Note, if you choose to pay by bank deposit, you avoid credit card fees and have 48 hours to either pay or let it lapse if you decide not to go ahead with it.
    Any pointers on the Bank transfer option Nomad?

  7. #7
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,630
    It is a good way to go about it assuming you have an Oz bank account. Very simple...they tell you the bank account and you just put the booking reference in the description when you transfer the money. I have done it in many times and haven't had any issues, so save on the credit card fees, which given how often I am buying airfares would save me at least $200 a year.

    Only downside is missing out on travel insurance that you may get from buying fares on your credit card. I don't worry about this as I pay ~ $440 a year for annual travel insurance.

    In short, you avoid credit card fees, have a couple of days to look for better fares or alternatively can let it lapse at no penalty.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Just paid $254 total price for Mrs M and I to fly Singapore to Perth with extra leg room in the Exit row ... I can't fly to Melbourne on my own for that price most days....
    Very cheap!

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    lOZt
    Posts
    2,630
    Caters for NZers also..

    Login to your internet banking website and enter the following details:

    Australia (for bookings in AUD currency only)

    Bank account name:-Jetstar Airways
    BSB number:-063-000
    Account number:-10955200

    New Zealand (for bookings in NZD only)

    Bank account name:-Jetstar Airways
    Account Number:-12-3113-0105216-01


    Step 2

    Copy and paste your booking reference number ABC123 in the Payment Page payee description or payee reference field (that gets provided to Jetstar). Payments made without booking reference numbers or incorrect booking reference numbers will be cancelled and the funds returned to you.-Payment must be made within 48 hours to reach Jetstar within the allowable time period of 3 business days.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

  10. #10
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Very cheap!
    Agreed, so I've booked another one for February next year as well.

    Not a huge fan of Jetstar but you get what you pay for - and the exit row seats are okay, plus the flight times are good for us and as a Qantas Club member we can use the lounge before the flights (several scotches, a night flight and the next thing I know I am having breakfast in Changi!)

    I use the Direct Debit payment also - hate those damn credit card fees.

    They do make it easy enough to avoid them - IF you have a suitable bank account <7>

    +++++++++++++Internet Banking Instructions | Jetstar++++++++++++++

    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you bank with one of the following banking institutions, you will not be able to pay using internet banking:

    Australia:

    Citibank Australia
    HSBC
    Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank
    Wide Bay Australia

    New Zealand:

    HSBC

    Accepted Aussie Banks
    Adelaide Bank
    AMP Banking
    ANZ Bank
    Bank of Queensland
    Bank of South Australia
    BankWest
    Bendigo Bank Limited
    Commonwealth NetBank
    ING Direct
    National Australia Bank
    Rabobank Australia
    St.George Bank
    Suncorp Metway
    United Overseas Bank
    Westpac Bank

    Accepted Kiwi Banks
    ANZ Bank
    ASB Bank Limited
    BNZ Bank
    Kiwibank
    National Bank of New Zealand
    TSB Bank

    Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,677
    Quote Originally Posted by sib saam View Post
    sometimes, there are cheaper alternatives for budget flights.... jetstar is actually one of the more expensive ones.... their friday frenzy is sometimes rubbish and read the fine print....
    I've noticed that too. Got an offer for $250 return to Lomok. Who the fuck wants to go to Lomok? I don't even like Bali anymore, much less it's retarded cousin.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  12. #12
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,950
    Good posts !
    I like plenty of info on this sort of stuff so thanks Minder for the last entry.
    Minder likes this.

  13. #13
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,677
    Funny I didn't check my email straight away tonight. Just found this Friday frenzy deal from Perth to Singapore.

    Last edited by Bacon; 16th August 2013 at 21:41.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  14. #14
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,677
    And a Melbourne Singapore one for $229. Available 28 Aug - 18 Sep 2013

    And Melbourne Bangkok for $259, Same dates.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  15. #15
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth , Australia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    And a Melbourne Singapore one for $229. Available 28 Aug - 18 Sep 2013

    And Melbourne Bangkok for $259, Same dates.
    A good price but geezz....could you handle a nine hour flight Melbourne to Bangkok - in a seat I'd need a shoehorn and a bucket of grease to get in and out of ?

    I can just tolerate a Jetstar Asia seat for two hours on the flights from BKK to Singapore but that's it for me - legs pressed against the seat in front and the guy behind me doing his best not to play football with my spine.....

    If I can't get the exit row for even the Perth - Singapore five hour flights I just can't fly with them.

    Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

  16. #16
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    A good price but geezz....could you handle a nine hour flight Melbourne to Bangkok - in a seat I'd need a shoehorn and a bucket of grease to get in and out of ?

    I can just tolerate a Jetstar Asia seat for two hours on the flights from BKK to Singapore but that's it for me - legs pressed against the seat in front and the guy behind me doing his best not to play football with my spine.....

    If I can't get the exit row for even the Perth - Singapore five hour flights I just can't fly with them.

    Enjoy...
    I've got an account with Jetstar and I always pay the extra $30 and get an exit row seat. I don't understand why more people don't, but I'm grateful for it. Happy to stretch my legs as far as they go for 5 hours for the price of two pints. If I can't get those I'll pay an extra 15 and get an extra leg room seat.

    Now unless you're flying in the height of the peak season and haven't booked in advance, it's rare not to be able to at least get the extra leg room seats. Altough that may not be the case from over East given the larger population.

    Worse comes to worse just drug yourself and booze up.
    Minder likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  17. #17
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Tiger is worse than Jetstar for leg room.
    I've been lucky lately with a few empty flights, moved to exit row free of charge or the small TG next to me.

    I have to hang my leg out in the isle, restless legs :@
    Thai Airways in December - hopefully I can enjoy.

  18. #18
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Perth, West Oz
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,677
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Tiger is worse than Jetstar for leg room.
    I've been lucky lately with a few empty flights, moved to exit row free of charge or the small TG next to me.

    I have to hang my leg out in the isle, restless legs :@
    Thai Airways in December - hopefully I can enjoy.
    Last Jetstar flight I was on had an empty seat next to me on exit row. When someone asked to move there they said he's have to pay for it. Not sure if this is policy or not now.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.


  19. #19
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Last Jetstar flight I was on had an empty seat next to me on exit row. When someone asked to move there they said he's have to pay for it. Not sure if this is policy or not now.
    Tiger do the same once on board.
    The girl at the desk in BKK put me there without asking.

  20. #20
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Soi 6, Pattaya.
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    And a Melbourne Singapore one for $229. Available 28 Aug - 18 Sep 2013

    And Melbourne Bangkok for $259, Same dates.
    They regularly offer MEL-BKK for $229, but some sales, like this one are $259 (I got $229 + $197 for next week).

    They are down 1 A330 which had its APU sliced off last week thanks to Virgin, wonder if it affected their schedules?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •