Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stillearly

Thread: BKK to DMK Rates and Time allotted

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar

BKK to DMK Rates and Time allotted

Hello BM's,
    I have a quick question regarding taxi service from BKK to DMK. I arrive on Korean Airlines Jan 11th a Saturday at 1150am from the US. I have an Air Asia flight 455pm to Phuket. So my questions are these:

- How long should immigration take to clear and baggage pick up?
    - Where is the best place to hail a taxi from BKK to DMK?
    -How much would be a realistic cost for what looks like a relatively short run across town.
    -How long should this ride take?
    -Would you have any concerns with the arrival and departure times listed to make my flight at DMK?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    This may or may not help

THB

Immi will take as long as it takes, I am afraid.... too many variables.. U can try walking past the first immi point down the corridor to the 2nd one... generally not too many people there. or you can try this service, it will get you thru immi pretty quickly, but you will still need to wait for your bag.

Bangkok Flight Services

we used to catch the taxi from the Departures area... grab a taxi dropping someone off.... Don't know if that is still available... I think I read somewhere they were cracking down on that.

The ride should take under an hour, well and truly... but predicting BKK Traffic is not an in exact science, altho 5 hours between flights is not a worry at all.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Wow seems like a lot of hassle to save a few quid , Thai Airways for me
    Minder likes this.

Clearing BKK immi will depend on number of flights ahead of yours - can be 10 mins or 60 mins. Choose the shortest queue even if Thai Only, they'll not quibble if you smile and talk nice. Taxi fare ~ 300 Bt or take shuttle bus. Middle of day usually light traffic unless rain/accident etc but should take under 60 mins.

Check-in at DMK is usually fast. You'll have plenty of time (~2hrs spare) if arrival at BKK is timely.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Baring a major wait at immigration (90 minutes +) then you will make it with plenty of time. Taxi would take about 50 minutes. There is a bus that leaves every hour I think that I took once (going the other way) and it took only 37 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    Baring a major wait at immigration (90 minutes +) then you will make it with plenty of time. Taxi would take about 50 minutes. There is a bus that leaves every hour I think that I took once (going the other way) and it took only 37 minutes!
    Shuttle is every 30 mins and travels at ~ 80km average. Yours must have been doing ~120kmph the whole way!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Thanks TD for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Wow seems like a lot of hassle to save a few quid , Thai Airways for me
    Bangkok Airways is cheaper then Thai Airways, and they fly out of BKK to.
    Last edited by josho; 7th July 2013 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Shuttle is every 30 mins and travels at ~ 80km average. Yours must have been doing ~120kmph the whole way!
    I know! I was very surprised but I timed it and we left at 4pm and arrived at 4.37pm. Honest guv!