Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Short connection times

Cadet

Short connection times

I wonder if anyone had any experience of them?

Looking to book for Jan but BKK-HKT connection time is just over an hour.

Think I'd be ok but worried luggage might not make it.

Too short for Suvanabhumi.
    I'd be worried with minimum 2 hours! Immigration can back up to an hour if too many arrivals & night arrival times often delayed due to a/c separation or single runway ops.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    One hour thru Swampy? Agree with Rob -Not a chance. Have done HKT to BKK in an hour and only just made it (left Mrs M to grab the luggage while I ran upstairs and got in the check-in queue). Consider a night in BKK or another flight.
    Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Takes 15 mins just to get to immigration, the terminal is huge. I would be more comfortable with a 3 hour turn around. Look into staying in an inexpensive hotel overnight, The Great Residence ( pick up and drop off ) is where I stay if I just need a bed, also don't forget not all internal carriers depart BKK...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Even with baggage booked straight though I would not be comfortable with anything less than 90 minutes. And even that is pushing things.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    If you booked Thai from your home airport direct to HKT i thought it would be up to them to make sure you and your bags make it to the connecting flight? Not sure about other carriers though.

With an hour and the incoming plane on time you would have some hope then boarding through the transit gate?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    What moo said. If booked as a through flight with Thai = no problem. I've done it before but to CNX not HKT.
    If you have to collect and re-check luggage, fuggetaboutit.

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

This is how I often lose my luggage.... short transfer times. I make it thru by the skin of my teeth... and my luggage follows a couple of days later. So remember... it's not just you that has to make it. It's taken me an hour to get off some planes arriving at Swampi too! Usually sitting in the aircraft cause no gates available...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    One hour thru Swampy? Agree with Rob -Not a chance. Have done HKT to BKK in an hour and only just made it (left Mrs M to grab the luggage while I ran upstairs and got in the check-in queue). Consider a night in BKK or another flight.
    Enjoy..
    Listen to minder, but consider at least 2 nights in BKK. One's not enough.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    For a quick movement through Swampy at ANY time, try BFS... cost you about 800 baht but well worth it.... it may just work for you..... Bangkok Flight Services

I remember doing a trip to HKT via BKK with Thai, and I had to clear immi at swampy, because the ongoing flight was a domestic.... still did it in well under the hour