• 1 Post By Chob
  • 1 Post By Mick

Thread: Best beach hotels in Phuket

Best beach hotels in Phuket

If your budget was 30k baht per night

Where would you stay in Phuket for 1 week

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I use to live next door to these ones.

Close enough to the nighlife and a decent beach.

Exclusive Villa & Suites Rental near Patong Beach - Phuket

There`s some others around that include a car and driver.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Sorry I can't help you.
    I don't budget over AUD$ 1000 per night for a bed on Phuket.

What time of year would be helpful - also beach frontage, how many people, GF friendly, distance from nightlife etc

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    If your budget was 30k baht per night

Where would you stay in Phuket for 1 week
    Just about anywhere you wanted to I would think.
    Last edited by 1080; 24th October 2013 at 08:04.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    If I wanted a truly luxurious hotel and was prepared to pay $1k a night I would probably stay at the Indigo Pearl Hotel....Its one of the few resorts on Phuket where I actually like the design and the service matches it

Thailand Resorts | Luxury Phuket Beach Resort | Indigo Pearl

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Regent Phuket Cape Panwa: See 120 Hotel Reviews and 260 Photos - TripAdvisor

Hotel Reviews of Regent Phuket Cape Panwa Hotel Phuket Thailand - Page 1

You'd get the top room here for under a 1000 bucks a night .... probably $700...that'd leave enough spare cash to get a tuk tuk to Patong and back each night if you wanted to...

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Regent Phuket Cape Panwa: See 120 Hotel Reviews and 260 Photos - TripAdvisor

Hotel Reviews of Regent Phuket Cape Panwa Hotel Phuket Thailand - Page 1

You'd get the top room here for under a 1000 bucks a night .... probably $700...that'd leave enough spare cash to get a tuk tuk to Patong and back each night if you wanted to...

Enjoy...
    Maybe ... 555!
    It's a long way from Patong.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Maybe ... 555!
    It's a long way from Patong.
    OP asking about Phuket not Patong , maybe Surin may be worth a look

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Id spend 12,500 on wine , women and song and the rest Id waste on the 7,500 the beachfront bungalows
    at the Impiana Patong ...

Impiana Hotels and Resorts
    Zablive likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    These expensive hotels.. They always look very nice on the pictures, and I am sure once you are in the room they are wonderfull..

But..
    These resorts are usually way out, so you depend on taxi's for everywhere you want to go..
    Very spacious set up (for privacy) means a long walk to get to breakfast or even to the gate..
    Your fellow customers are usually old, arrogant and very bla..bla..
    Being in an expensive setting puts high demands on you.. How you dress, how you eat, no making noice or have fun with staff...

And, after spending a week holiday.. You could have been anywhere on the world.. Been in Thailand, but missed it...555

But most of all.. To spent these amounts on a bed... Few month salaries for a nights sleep.. You must be very full of yourself and unaware of your surroundings to enjoy that..
    Just my 2 satang..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    These expensive hotels.. They always look very nice on the pictures, and I am sure once you are in the room they are wonderfull..

But..
    These resorts are usually way out, so you depend on taxi's for everywhere you want to go..
    Very spacious set up (for privacy) means a long walk to get to breakfast or even to the gate..
    Being in an expensive setting puts high demands on you.. How you dress, how you eat, no making noice or have fun with staff...

And, after spending a week holiday.. You could have been anywhere on the world.. Been in Thailand, but missed it...555

But most of all.. To spent these amounts on a bed... Few month salaries for a nights sleep... You must be very full of yourself and unaware of your surroundings to enjoy that..
    Just my 2 satang..
    It's not a few nights salary to everyone , just because you or I couldn't afford it , doesn't mean it is a waste of someone else's money

GMT
    Cadet Bronze
    30k per night! Yowser, I'd spend less on the room and have a longer holiday!

By beach hotel I guess you mean right on the beach, and by best beach I guess you are thinking a half decent beach.

The Kattathani (Kata Noi) Kata Beach Resort (Kata Yai) Baan Kating and Ao Sane Bungalows (Ao Sane, near Nai Harn), Amanpuri and The Chedi (Pansea beach, near Surin) the Merlin (Tri Tra Beach, between Patong and Karon) are places that spring to mind, but there are a few more. I am sure that you could blow $1,000 on a suite at some of those places, while at Ao Sane Bungalows you would be spending less than 1,000 baht.

There are some fairly flash joints I would rule out because the beach they are on is nothing special.
    Zablive likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

But..

But most of all.. To spent these amounts on a bed... Few month salaries for a nights sleep.. You must be very full of yourself and unaware of your surroundings to enjoy that..
    Just my 2 satang..
    agree rak..but if you spending 30k a night think the last thing you worried about is taxi fare

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    ^ Its not the taxi fare meese .... its the total fcuk around getting into somewhere like Patong for a night out . Its the wait , the slow ride in to town, the traffic banked up down Rat U Thit rd , and the obligation to meet your driver at a certain return time.
    Give me a short stroll there , and stagger back to my digs, any time.